Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:17 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,381,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"And we should continue the work of fixing our broken immigration system - to secure our borders, enforce our laws, and ensure that everyone who plays by the rules can contribute to our economy and enrich our nations."

This doesn't sound like amnesty in the making to me. I don't think the pro-illegal crowd are going to be happy with this part of his speech.
Sounds good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i agree 100%.

actions speak louder than words, and america is waiting for action.

Why thank you, you think as i do. At this point in the game, it is much to do about ACTIONS, speak much louder then any articulate words, that he uses. I want to see if his these are just that, undiluted promises, wtih empty meaning, or if he is now running on SHAKEY ground, and will live up to some of his promises.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:22 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Time will tell - but there was no-one more pro-open borders than GW Bush or McCain except possibly Pelosi and Kennedy. Bush made no attempt to enforce existing laws when it came to foreign groups living here illegally.
Bush was owned by corporate America who wanted the not so cheap illegal alien labor. Also, Bush was hispandering for at least a percentage of the hispanic vote. Bush learned that you just can't out hispander a democratic politician though. Bush is gone and it seems that the only hispandering Republicans left, in a sea of left wing amnesty democrats, are McCain and Lindsey Graham. I think that McCain and Graham, like Bush, are only trying to get a percentage of the Latino vote, however small. On the other hand, the hispandering left wing radical Saul Alinsky type progressive democrats are trying to engineer a permanent left wing majority in Congress with millions of amnestied illegal border jumpers. These left wing radical progressive democrats are willing to subvert the American voting process to achieve this.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
At this point in the game, it is much to do about ACTIONS, speak much louder then any articulate words, that he uses. I want to see if his these are just that, undiluted promises, wtih empty meaning, or if he is now running on SHAKEY ground, and will live up to some of his promises.
Exaxctly my thoughts. I want to SEE things happening. I'm sure many hurting Americans do too, and soon...tick-tock....

Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Time will tell - but there was no-one more pro-open borders than GW Bush or McCain except possibly Pelosi and Kennedy. Bush made no attempt to enforce existing laws when it came to foreign groups living here illegally.
And Kennedy is not only dead; his seat in Mass was won by a Republican-------destroying the Dem super majority (60-40 D vs. R) in the Senate.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Bush was owned by corporate America who wanted the not so cheap illegal alien labor. Also, Bush was hispandering for at least a percentage of the hispanic vote. Bush learned that you just can't out hispander a democratic politician though. Bush is gone and it seems that the only hispandering Republicans left, in a sea of left wing amnesty democrats, are McCain and Lindsey Graham. I think that McCain and Graham, like Bush, are only trying to get a percentage of the Latino vote, however small. On the other hand, the hispandering left wing radical Saul Alinsky type progressive democrats are trying to engineer a permanent left wing majority in Congress with millions of amnestied illegal border jumpers. These left wing radical progressive democrats are willing to subvert the American voting process to achieve this.
Pelosi is definitely one of the open borders kind of politicians but I read that her own family was involved in bringing in illegals - all the way back to when Cesar Chavez and the UFW were fighting the growers who of course used illegals to bring wages way down to rock bottom and get rich fast.

I'm sure Pelosi and the likes of her think they're real slick because they defeated the UFW because farm workers today are paid less than ever, made out like bandits from ultra cheap labor and of course that is what they're all about.

Kennedy I think saw himself and his cohorts as the elites who were entitled to have unlimited cheap servants. And it's hard to know what Bush really thought. I guess he was like Kennedy and saw ultra cheap labor as benefitting the elites and CEOs.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Pelosi is definitely one of the open borders kind of politicians but I read that her own family was involved in bringing in illegals - all the way back to when Cesar Chavez and the UFW were fighting the growers who of course used illegals to bring wages way down to rock bottom and get rich fast.

I'm sure Pelosi and the likes of her think they're real slick because they defeated the UFW because farm workers today are paid less than ever, made out like bandits from ultra cheap labor and of course that is what they're all about.

Kennedy I think saw himself and his cohorts as the elites who were entitled to have unlimited cheap servants. And it's hard to know what Bush really thought. I guess he was like Kennedy and saw ultra cheap labor as benefitting the elites and CEOs.
I think that Bush was pushing amnesty because the hispandering amnesty democrats were/are pushing amnesty. I think Bush was willing to try a little hispandering if that's what it took to get Latino votes. Otherwise, Bush was owned by the illegal alien chamber of commerce type republicans who wanted the (not so) cheap illegal alien labor for the criminal republican employers of illegals. Bush is gone now and most of the country club republicans were kicked out of office. The majority of republicans left in office are against illegal immigration and are fighting the amnesty left wing progressive democrats who are trying to engineer a permanent majority in Congress by subverting the American voting process by amnestying millions of illegal border jumper future democratic voters.

Teddy Chapaquidick Kennedy saw that the country was turning republican and got the immigration laws changed to allow millions more 3rd world poverty reject immigrants in who would be much more likely to be welfare dependent future democratic voters.

Pelosi, arguably the most unpopular politician in Congress, has always wanted cheap illegal alien labor for her vinyard and chain of restaurants. She loves illegal labor because she doesn't have to pay any benefits, medical?, let them go bandrupt the emergency rooms.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
I have to agree with many here. It's probably just a bunch of words. This is the same president whoes first action as president was to give free health care to the children of illegal immigrants.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I have to agree with many here. It's probably just a bunch of words. This is the same president whoes first action as president was to give free health care to the children of illegal immigrants.
One of the many good things about Bush and most of the I/A chamber of Commerce type republicans being thrown out of office is that there needn't be a hispandering war escalating between dems and repubs any more, particularly since you just can't out hispander an amnesty democratic politician anyway. Repubs aren't hispandering anymore so the hispandering left wing amnesty democratic politicians can keep their hispandering down to just the minimum amount of hispandering required to keep gullible latinos solidly in the left wing amnesty democratic politician's camp. One could certainly expect a lot of pent up left wing amnesty democratic politicial hispandering right before the Nov elections though.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:57 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
One of the many good things about Bush and most of the I/A chamber of Commerce type republicans being thrown out of office is that there needn't be a hispandering war escalating between dems and repubs any more, particularly since you just can't out hispander an amnesty democratic politician anyway. Repubs aren't hispandering anymore so the hispandering left wing amnesty democratic politicians can keep their hispandering down to just the minimum amount of hispandering required to keep gullible latinos solidly in the left wing amnesty democratic politician's camp. One could certainly expect a lot of pent up left wing amnesty democratic politicial hispandering right before the Nov elections though.

We have been sold out all along the line by our representitives. Time to vote all of them out that do not represent Americans first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration