Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 07:47 AM

50,609 posts, read 47,444,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
How can some Illegal Alien from China be called a Asian-American?

Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 AM

775 posts, read 1,279,713 times
Quote:
“Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.” —Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How can some Illegal Alien from China be called a Asian-American?
Ha ha! I'm not sure what Walter Sobchak's response would be if you said that to him. He might hit you with a bowling ball. Or pull a 45 auto on you. (My quote above is from the movie The Big Lebowski. An attempt to lighten the tone of this thread. And also poking fun of use of the term "Chinaman"--a term I did not think anyone actually used anymore.)

Old 10-09-2009, 08:21 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,237,130 times
Quote:
I am not impressed by any credentials you may have trotted out to your buddies--fake or real. I only consider the words you say. And I am not impressed by those either.

Yes. I am a poor speller. Very poor.

Wouldn’t fewer constraints be good in a free market system? If people are willing to come to the U.S. and work for $7 per hour, or even $3 per hour, then that would be good for the market, right? Shouldn’t prices be determined by what people are willing to pay/receive in a free market system? You advocate removing those who are willing to work for the smallest wage—illegals—and replacing them with the bottom rung workers who are U.S. citizens. Have you ever taken a look at that bottom rung? Our nation would grind to a screeching halt if we depended upon their labors.

Sure, millions of dollars leave our borders each month. Millions and millions and millions. But in a way that is a good thing. The dollars crossing the Rio Grande are only pieces of paper. You can’t eat them or wear them. Meanwhile, each time a dollar bill is taken into Mexico all the dollar bills left here in the U.S. become seemingly more valuable. The biggest harm that can come from this is if the expatriate dollar bills someday come back to the U.S.

Wow. You made a simple math error, but are too stubborn to admit it. How could you ever be expected to understand anyone else's point of view.

The point of this whole thread—which started out in the California forum and was moved to this forum—is that California would be worse off if all illegals were sent packing. Whole industries in California would come to a grinding halt. I suspect the same could be said for some other states, at least to a lesser extent.

8%. So what. Are you able to comprehend the gist of that article? Or were you absent the day they taught reading comprehension at your high and mighty alma mater? Here is a quote from the article. Please have somebody explain it to you:
Just accept the fact you are a pro illegal alien apologist and you will wheedle in any attempt to allow those criminals to stay here in the USA.

Kele, IATP, Benicar and many other (including myself) want those losers out of the USA. If California is so damn dysfunctional that it 'needs' illegals to survive------------well, let that state die to be blunt.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Just accept the fact you are a pro illegal alien apologist and you will wheedle in any attempt to allow those criminals to stay here in the USA.

Kele, IATP, Benicar and many other (including myself) want those losers out of the USA. If California is so damn dysfunctional that it 'needs' illegals to survive------------well, let that state die to be blunt.
If they left you would miss the services they produce through their hard work> Then you would begin complaining to get them back.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM

50,609 posts, read 47,444,239 times
Quote:
If they left you would miss the services they produce through their hard work> Then you would begin complaining to get them back.

I don't employ them and I grow my own vegetables. I would enjoy the fact I wouldn't have to worry about bleeding to death before I see a Doctor at the ER though.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM

111 posts, read 420,506 times
I would GLADLY help them pack, every single one of them, If it were on a ballot, I would vote on it. At every traffic stop, every flea market, every job site, everywhere, round them up and ship em back. Do whatever it takes to keep them out of our country illegally. Zero social services! Let THEIR country take care of them instead of printing booklets on how to rape our system on your trip to the US. Sure we might need to have some controlled imported labor but not THIS. I would love to see every teen ager here have tons of opportunities to earn money. I would gladly suffer whatever it is that sending all the illegals back would bring on us. Trade it ANYDAY for the problem we currently have with them. Some interesting history BTW -

during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work. Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans. And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million Mexican nationals! The program was called 'Operation wet back' so that American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs. It took 2 years, but they deported them! Now, if they could deport the illegal's back then, they can sure do it today!! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation wet back (without the space) into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself. Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes .... 12 million Illegal Aliens will be needing welfare. ......ONLY, 12 Million?.........yeah right!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,237,130 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!

I don't need no steenking illegal aliens to do squat for me

I mow my own yard, I fix my own car, etc. etc.

I swear if your comment is any indication-----------the pro illegal apologits are petrified that deportations are only going to ramp up, especially in this sick economy.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:56 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,612,372 times
Quote:
Wow! The plantation owners said the same thing about slaves. I guess they were right, because everyone knows our country imploded after 1865. As a matter of fact, without slaves there has been no new construction, and the cotton industry went bust. What on earth are we thinking?

Old 10-09-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definca View Post
Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes .... 12 million Illegal Aliens will be needing welfare. ......ONLY, 12 Million?.........yeah right!
Welfare? Not all 12mil of them receive welfare. Illegals receive welfare benefits at a lower rate than the U.S. population.
Quote:
In fiscal year 1995, about $1.1 billion in AFDC and Food Stamp benefits
were provided to households with an illegal alien parent for the use of his
or her citizen child. This amount accounted for about 3 percent of AFDC
and 2 percent of Food Stamp benefit costs.
www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf
There are about 12mil illegals in the U.S., or about 4% or our total population. Since illegals account for only 3% of welfare usage (and 2% of food stamps) they use these services at a LOWER rate than U.S. citizens do.

And this is comparing Illegals to the entire population. If you normalize by income bracket you would find that Illegal Aliens use welfare MUCH less than the bottom feeders of the U.S. citizen base.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! The plantation owners said the same thing about slaves. I guess they were right, because everyone knows our country imploded after 1865. As a matter of fact, without slaves there has been no new construction, and the cotton industry went bust. What on earth are we thinking?
This has nothing to do with the current conversation. No relevance whatsoever. Are you not able to form an argument to support your bigoted viewpoint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration