Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

Obama: No Health Care For Illegal Immigrants - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Per Obama - his health care bill does not cover illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

Ah, but he's working on a plan that would cover all the children of illegals. All those children playing in playgrounds around the country need to be vaccinated and cared for so as not to make others sick. BS! If they are illegal then said children should not be going to OUR public schools and should be sent "back home" with their criminal parents!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,958 times
Quote:

Makes sense, specially when he list the following as a reason:

Quote:
"First of all, I'd like to create a situation where we're dealing with illegal immigration, so that we don't have illegal immigrants," he said. "And we've got legal residents or citizens who are eligible for the plan. And I want a comprehensive immigration plan that creates a pathway to achieve that."

Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Deport the illegals------------problem solved.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM

85 posts, read 137,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Makes sense, specially when he list the following as a reason:"First of all, I'd like to create a situation where we're dealing with illegal immigration, so that we don't have illegal immigrants," he said. "And we've got legal residents or citizens who are eligible for the plan. And I want a comprehensive immigration plan that creates a pathway to achieve that."
We can only pray that comprehensive means: If you wanna stay here, then it's back of the line for you -- behind all of the others who are going through the system to come here legally.

I know -- as a Democrat -- that Obama's health plan is DOA. Until this country is back on its feet with a positive cash flow, the illegals are dealt with, and we all have jobs, then it will be time to discuss health care again... like it was in 1993. We can't continue supporting the freeloaders as it is, and to add health care to the equation will sink many of us. Then where would everyone be??

Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Makes sense, specially when he list the following as a reason:
Which will legalize, what, a couple hundred thousand? Pay a large fine, learn English, prove you are working and haven't broken any other laws? There won't be many in that line.

Unless it's another Shamnesty like the last where everyone just walks in to get papers no matter what it's not going to happen.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
I am dubious that a lot of these illegal alien and anchor baby kids are actually getting the vaccinations required for school. I mean they may have a paper which says so, but they have a lot of fraudulent stuff they buy from macaderos.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I am dubious that a lot of these illegal alien and anchor baby kids are actually getting the vaccinations required for school. I mean they may have a paper which says so, but they have a lot of fraudulent stuff they buy from macaderos.

Why would they? Any parent can take their kid to get vaccinated, what would be the point of getting a fake vaccine report? Usually people, specially IAs get fraudulent stuff because they are not eligible for the real stuff. If vaccines are available to them, then they are likely to get vaccinated instead of producing a fake vaccination record.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:13 PM

706 posts, read 939,922 times
Quote:

Per Bush the elder......"read my lips,no new taxes"...

I gave up in believing in anything a politicians says....It is what they do that matters.( Or what their likeminded cohorts end up creating as a CIR proposal)

Such as:

"On Friday, Democrats moved one step closer to giving free health insurance to the nation’s estimated 12 million illegal aliens when they successfully defeated a Republican-backed amendment, offered by Rep. Dean Heller, R-Nev., that would have prevented illegal aliens from receiving government-subsidized health care under the proposed plan backed by House Democrats and President Barack Obama"

Newsmax.com - Obama Health Plan to Cover 12 Million Illegals (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_illegals_healthcare/2009/07/19/237484.html - broken link)

"First of all, I'd like to create a situation where we're dealing with illegal immigration, so that we don't have illegal immigrants," he said. "
I read that as Amnesty....Unless You can explain any other method presented by these puppets that actually gets rid of illegals...

regards

Old 07-23-2009, 02:59 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
The reason why politicians like to say they will insure children is that they cost very little to the system. Vaccines are cheap.

I think we should have a law doing away with anchor babies.

We are suffering as a people and must also give services to these children?
Not that I want anyone to suffer, but for God's sake, put Americans first in something.

I think this health care package will pass because we cannot continue with the current system which is the biggest reason for bankruptcy. On top of that, all those people made destitute are the middle class.

So we have to devise a new system and those in opposition of the Obama plan have not come up with a plan of their own, just more of the dialogue about using the current system - no public option and use the insurance companies and make them compete better, blah, blah, blah.

Insurance companies are now making the decision as to what treatments we get and they have no concern for the public health, only profits. So, each month that passes more and more middle class people are losing coverage. We cannot allow that to happen. With no middle class our government will eventually fall. We are the backbone of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration