Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"I am very scared," the 26-year-old bus boy said. "They are attacking Hispanics."

Under a revamped initiative announced Friday by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, town police are allowed to be deputized to enforce immigration laws to catch "criminal aliens who pose a threat to public safety or danger to the community."
Quote:
"It's very sad," Mejia said. "They will criminalize undocumented immigrants and will target innocent people."
Morristown immigrants fearful of new federal enforcement policy - Morristown Green - NJ.com

Isn't it amazing (or, in another case, sad) that these ethnocentric nincompoops can't seem to distinguish the difference between legal and illegal aliens?

One of them is even incredibly stupid enough to believe that illegal aliens shouldn't be targeted.

How sad and pitiful of those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Morristown immigrants fearful of new federal enforcement policy - Morristown Green - NJ.com

Isn't it amazing (or, in another case, sad) that these ethnocentric nincompoops can't seem to distinguish the difference between legal and illegal aliens?

One of them is even incredibly stupid enough to believe that illegal aliens shouldn't be targeted.

Uhmmm Illegals actually made themselves criminals long before this. They commit a host of crimes and want it all to be ignored. Pretty sure there are a bunch of folks in jail who wouldn't mind that same free pass. Tax evaders,ID thieves to name a couple.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 AM

884 posts, read 716,113 times
I came here for opportunity, and I contribute to my community. But now they are looking at us like criminals, and we're not criminals," Sarmiento said in Spanish after walking into a general store on Speedwell Avenue

How pathetic, you ARE a criminal.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:57 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
I came here for opportunity, and I contribute to my community. But now they are looking at us like criminals, and we're not criminals," Sarmiento said in Spanish after walking into a general store on Speedwell Avenue

Who is force feeding these immigrants with this rhetoric. Univison.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
"They will catch us for whatever reason," said 36-year-old Hector Ramirez, a native of Honduras, whose comments were echoed by 38-year-old Rafael DeJesus Santos Lopez: "They just want to clean Morristown of Hispanics. That's what it is."

Whatever reason? Like driving with no license or ins? They are after Illegal Aliens, if you are an Illegal that is Hispanic you don't get a free pass buddy. Have fun looking over your shoulder 24/7.

The part that blows me away is that it:

A. Makes sense
B. Came from the Feds

I do hope CA gets on this fast as there are more than enough for every Cop involved in the program.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
What well and truly turned me was seeing coverage of Dallas's illegal protests 3 years ago where illegals were flying Mexican flags, hoisting signs in Spanish only, and saying things like "It's not like we're breaking the law." Yes you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stories like this make me sick. They are criminals, they should be scared. I'm glad they're scared. Maybe they will go home.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
We are dealing with delusional children here------------illegal aliens.

Plus there is little respect for law enforcement in Mexico/Central America (where most illegals come from) as it is, so those losers think it is perfectly acceptable to try to evade punishment here in the USA and cry foul when caught.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

Ok,folks- here it is. I grew up in this town. I went to Morristown HS.
I have a certain respect for the day laborers who I saw out there by the train station waiting for work at 4am Every day of the week.

However- recently there has been an intruding gang problem in this town. This is a suburban town about 30 miles west of NYC and just 15-20 miles west of Newark NJ. It has a beautiful town center called the green surrounded by shops and restaurants. There has been a tremendous investment in the downtown area the last several years. If the crime problem gets out of control the investment in the downtown area will go for naught. I believe this police stepup of enforcement is a result of the town pooring millions in to its revitalization. This federal policy is just an excuse. Especially since there are luxery apartments getting built right next to the commuter train station that goes into manhattan. Hence they now have an excuse to rid the innocent day laborers from their normal hangout near the trian station.

I do not agree with any of this. Using the excuse of federal immigration policy by the local police is hogwash. If they wanted to they could keep the crime out without harassing the innocent day laborers and innocent immigrants, legal or illegal.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Ok,folks- here it is. I grew up in this town. I went to Morristown HS.
I have a certain respect for the day laborers who I saw out there by the train station waiting for work at 4am Every day of the week.

However- recently there has been an intruding gang problem in this town. This is a suburban town about 30 miles west of NYC and just 15-20 miles west of Newark NJ. It has a beautiful town center called the green surrounded by shops and restaurants. There has been a tremendous investment in the downtown area the last several years. If the crime problem gets out of control the investment in the downtown area will go for naught. I believe this police stepup of enforcement is a result of the town pooring millions in to its revitalization. This federal policy is just an excuse. Especially since there are luxery apartments getting built right next to the commuter train station that goes into manhattan. Hence they now have an excuse to rid the innocent day laborers from their normal hangout near the trian station.

I do not agree with any of this. Using the excuse of federal immigration policy by the local police is hogwash. If they wanted to they could keep the crime out without harassing the innocent day laborers and innocent immigrants, legal or illegal.
'Innocent day laborors'? I think not when factoring in false SSN's, not reporting of income along with many other Felonies for which you or I would go to jail.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
'Innocent day laborors'? I think not when factoring in false SSN's, not reporting of income along with many other Felonies for which you or I would go to jail.
ok, not all of the day laborers are innocent but they are still out there willing to work. And as the article said many of the legal immigrants are being harassed. I think this is an unwarrented power given to the local police department which is not trained to handle immigration issues.

If the feds want to clean up Morristown from illegal immigrants by all means get the FBI and DHS and come in and do it. But do not leave it up to the local police department that has a different array of crimes to deal with that they are trained for and have the proper tools to handle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration