Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,257,541 times

Advertisements

Well it has happened again....first Officer Johnson now Officer Henry Canales..

When is Houstons illegal loving mayor Bill White going to do something?

"There is evidence that the two adult suspects are in the U.S. illegally. All three were questioned at length by Houston police homicide investigators and are being held at the Harris County Jail."

"The shooter, Roberto Pedroza Carrillo, 37, fired ten rounds at officers and was shot and killed at the scene."

Houston police officer shot and killed during undercover sting - 6/25/09 - Houston News - abc13.com

"Police say that Nava-Maldonado told them that he is from Mexico. Mendez-Rosales said she is from Honduras."

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou090624_tnt_undercover-officer-shot-walgreens.15165fa.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 05:58 AM

Mayor Bill White
City of Houston
P.O. Box 1562
Houston, TX 77251

PHONE: 3-1-1, or 713.837.0311
EMAIL: mayor@cityofhouston.net

Contact him and let him know that this needs to stop...

You wont get an answer from him but at least let him know...

Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,676,537 times
while i dont mind one iota that this cop killer was shot and killed...

it is a bit SUSPECT that he was handcuffed, and then shot.

hyped up cop perhaps? shoot i would be too if my partner had just been killed by this guy.

interesting story.

it happens. thats part of the job. you are dealing with criminals out on the street. they dont care about the police. they are dirty. criminals... regardless of citizenship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Well it has happened again....first Officer Johnson now Officer Henry Canales..

When is Houstons illegal loving mayor Bill White going to do something?

"There is evidence that the two adult suspects are in the U.S. illegally. All three were questioned at length by Houston police homicide investigators and are being held at the Harris County Jail."

"The shooter, Roberto Pedroza Carrillo, 37, fired ten rounds at officers and was shot and killed at the scene."

Houston police officer shot and killed during undercover sting - 6/25/09 - Houston News - abc13.com

"Police say that Nava-Maldonado told them that he is from Mexico. Mendez-Rosales said she is from Honduras."

2 charged with murder in HPD officer's death | TOP STORIES | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas (http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou090624_tnt_undercover-officer-shot-walgreens.15165fa.html - broken link)

Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 AM

870 posts, read 1,628,454 times
Quote:
Mayor Bill White
City of Houston
P.O. Box 1562
Houston, TX 77251

PHONE: 3-1-1, or 713.837.0311
EMAIL: mayor@cityofhouston.net

Contact him and let him know that this needs to stop...

You wont get an answer from him but at least let him know...
thanks....i sent this coward an email. i will not get a response though like you said.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
while i dont mind one iota that this cop killer was shot and killed...

it is a bit SUSPECT that he was handcuffed, and then shot.

hyped up cop perhaps? shoot i would be too if my partner had just been killed by this guy.

interesting story.

it happens. thats part of the job. you are dealing with criminals out on the street. they dont care about the police. they are dirty. criminals... regardless of citizenship.
"""it is a bit SUSPECT that he was handcuffed, and then shot."""

He was not handcuffed....

2 charged with murder in HPD officer's death | TOP STORIES | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas (http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou090624_tnt_undercover-officer-shot-walgreens.15165fa.html - broken link)

"Police said Lopez rushed over and tried to handcuff Carrillo.
But as he struggled, Carrillo broke one hand away and started shooting
at Lopez. Those shots missed, and Lopez returned fire, killing Carrillo."

Old 06-25-2009, 12:16 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,676,537 times
conflicting reports.

the article i read (from your post) stated that the guy was handcuffed and "wiggled" towrads his gun.

interesting...

either way im sure houston is safer with this guy dead. but that just puts this cop on ad leave or desk dut while an investigation is conducted (standard procedure when a po po uses any force, especially deadly)

Quote:
"""it is a bit SUSPECT that he was handcuffed, and then shot."""

He was not handcuffed....

"Police said Lopez rushed over and tried to handcuff Carrillo.
But as he struggled, Carrillo broke one hand away and started shooting
at Lopez. Those shots missed, and Lopez returned fire, killing Carrillo."

Old 06-25-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
conflicting reports.

the article i read (from your post) stated that the guy was handcuffed and "wiggled" towrads his gun.

interesting...

either way im sure houston is safer with this guy dead. but that just puts this cop on ad leave or desk dut while an investigation is conducted (standard procedure when a po po uses any force, especially deadly)
"""the article i read (from your post) stated that the guy was handcuffed and "wiggled" towrads his gun.""""

The above was in the other link, but you left out the below..

"He was in the process of being taken into custody when he reached back and shot several times," said HPD Spokesperson Victor Senties."

Two suspects charged with capital murder in fatal shooting of Houston police officer - 6/25/09 - Houston News - abc13.com

You can defend the cop killers all you want, but they are still cop killers....

Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
im not defending cop killers.

and i only read the first article.

i said that "from the article i read" that is what i got.

calm down sister.

re read my posts and you will see that i am not defending cop killers.

i thought reading comprehension averages would improve now that JDM was gone, apparently not.

jeeeeezzzzz
You are correct you were defending the illegals.. Their being Cop killers has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM

"Murder Suspects' Crimes Revealed"

Murder Suspects' Crimes Revealed - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston (http://www.click2houston.com/news/19860558/detail.html - broken link)

HPD Homicide Squad Capt. Steve Jett said the gunman was shot by the officer once through the chest in what could have been a fatal wound. Then, after the officer collapsed, the second officer struggled to detain the shooter, and then shot him through the back as he raised the gun back over his shoulder.
Jett stressed that the second officer didn't even realize the gunman was still armed as he struggled, but then shot the gunman in the back as he turned the gun toward the officer behind him.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:09 PM

"2 Charged In Officer's Death"

2 Charged In Officer's Death - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston (http://www.click2houston.com/news/19854642/detail.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration