Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It's going to happen sooner or later.
That sounds like a threat. Illegals need to get out of this country now, they do not belong here, they have no right to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,758,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
That sounds like a threat. Illegals need to get out of this country now, they do not belong here, they have no right to be here.
I don't see how you see that as a threat, but it is the reality. Some form of legalization for those here illegally is going to pass in the next 5 years.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,758,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Right. Just like you pro-illegals have celebrated all of your prior victories. Oh wait. . . . you haven’t had any.

Face reality; there will be no amnesty, because illegals have no value to employers other than as cheap labor.
Time will tell my dear Benicar.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:39 AM

706 posts, read 941,462 times
blacknight04....

Why "within the next 5 years"

Reid has stated that he has enough votes to get the amnesty done....

Why the wait ?

Regards.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,790,233 times
Quote:
Time will tell my dear Benicar.
We'll see because you are also forgetting that the democrats are *supposedly* the party of the environmentalists, they try to pretend they are the green party that would protect some wilderness areas, spotted owl habitat and all the rest yet the pro-illegals want absolutely no limit on immigration and they want American tax dollars to go to feeling and providing the free maternity care for the overly fertile illegals. Farmland is disappearing at incredible rates.

Can't have it both ways. To bring in tens of millions of more people means forest land will be plowed under to build the low cost housing projects and that housing bubble is going to have to be revived to build the big houses using cheap immigrant labor for the cheap immigrant labor to live in.

The population of the USA is doubling every few decades because of massive levels of immigration. Is that the new democrat goal?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
I don't see how you see that as a threat, but it is the reality. Some form of legalization for those here illegally is going to pass in the next 5 years.
I agree with you. I think something will pass before 2012.
Millions of new citizens will be very grateful to the current administration and will use their new voting status to show their gratitude.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
It's going to happen sooner or later.
If discussing mass forced deportations of the millions of illegals here including their Anchor Babies------------I agree with your assessment.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,790,233 times
Quote:
The economy is too fragile (thanks to the tens of millions of illegals) to think about giving them amnesty because as we all know, illegals cheat and there would be so much fraud, tens of millions more would be trying to get in on it than are even already here.

Don't forget that the pro-illegal side is also demanding family reunification which they insist can only happen in the USA. Every one of the illegals here now has relatives back in Mexico and Central America that they intend to bring in. Our economy can't handle that.

There is nothing planned to create millions new jobs for all these people. Not to mention the extreme fertility rates of the illlegals.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,612,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is nothing planned to create millions new jobs for all these people. Not to mention the extreme fertility rates of the illlegals.
Our government has spent trillions of dollars in bailouts and stimulus with no plan on how to pay it back.

Obama's stimulus plan will create millions upon millions of jobs or so they say. They even removed the e-verify that would have insured any new jobs went to citizens.

Pelosi wants a "public" option to this universal health plan floating around to allow anyone, job or not to participate.
IMHO that screams loophole for illegals to get in the system.

There is your plan - no plan. It will happen. Both Pelosi and Obama are sympathetic to the illegals in this country. I'm not for it but I can't help but think it will happen and before the next election.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Our government has spent trillions of dollars in bailouts and stimulus with no plan on how to pay it back.

Obama's stimulus plan will create millions upon millions of jobs or so they say. They even removed the e-verify that would have insured any new jobs went to citizens.

There is your plan - no plan. It will happen. Both Pelosi and Obama are sympathetic to the illegals in this country. I'm not for it but I can't help but think it will happen and before the next election.
I think not.

What amazes me though is why American anger against illegals has not hit Code Red despite more and more of us being unemployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration