Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the biggest sellout on Immigration amnesty??
President Bush 13 61.90%
Sen. John McCain 4 19.05%
The Democrats. 3 14.29%
Other (please explain). 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,837,899 times

Advertisements

Who is more of a sellout to special interests? McCain or Bush? I am asking in terms of illegal alien amnesties and open borders.

In regards to McCain:

After his amnesty bill was defeated in 2006, you'd think John McCain would have gotten the message.

But guess what? He is so stupid he pushed another one and sided with Democrats to allow CONVICTED FELON ILLEGAL ALIENS TO STAY IN THE USA!!

McCain voted AGAINST the John Cornyn (R-TX) ammendment to the amnesty bill, which would have removed every felon illegal from the usa, regardless of felony-type. But McCain is SUCH a sellout to special interests, he sided with the Democrats to allow felons with all sorts of felonies to STAY, unless the felony the ILLEGAL ALIEN committed was:

1. Murder (which the alien is hopefully in prison for)
2. Sex crime
3. CERTAIN (notice the big 'certain') gang members.

The rest (wife beaters, bank robbers, kidnappers, muggers, psycho stalkers, thieves, ID theft aliens, document forgers, armed robbers, hit-and-run aliens w/o a license or insurance, DUI, drug dealers, carjackers, DUI aliens who KILL people, aliens who are CURRENTLY in prison, etc) would all get to STAY under the amnesty provision voted under the Kennedy ammendment.

How insane is that?? That was a big part of the amnesty bill, thanks to the defeat of the Cornyn ammend and the acceptance of the Kennedy ammend.

If that doesn't show how much of a sell-out John McCain is, then what will??

In regards to Bush:

He is a disappointment to all conservatives and everyone who believed in him. I formerly supported BUsh and if it wasn't for Bush's sellout on Immigration, I'd still support him, despite his bungle ups on Iraq.

Bush is NOT a bad person as many people paint him. But he is pissing off every GOP voter and suporter in the country with his amnesty policy.

Why is he pushing it so hard??

Because he is catering to special interests. Not as bad as McCain, but almost as bad.

So in YOUR opinion.... WHO is the biggest sellout on the illegal immigration amnesty???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,686,149 times
Bush is definitely the bigger sellout. He's president, he's the one showing the leadership, and without his amnesty agenda this whole mess wouldn't have occurred. In fact, Bush tried to do it early on in his administration but was sidetracked due to 9 - 11.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Bush is definitely the bigger sellout. He's president, he's the one showing the leadership, and without his amnesty agenda this whole mess wouldn't have occurred. In fact, Bush tried to do it early on in his administration but was sidetracked due to 9 - 11.
Very true. Maybe McCain truly is #2 on the illegal alien amnesty traitor list.... but let's see what others think too.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:24 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,755,624 times
I can tell you this --- I liked Mccain before he opened his mouth about his immigration policies. He'd never get my vote with that way of thinking. It's out of touch with what Republicans think. He should just throw in the towel now and save millions from not campaigning. Better yet, after he stops campaigning he could give that money saved to hospitals in his area to help cover the costs of providing health care to illegals. Or the schools... or the law enforcement departments...

Old 06-08-2007, 04:54 AM

233 posts, read 440,625 times
Angry I'd say ferret face Bush

I'd have to say ole ferret face himself Bush..........I think he started it and his cronies all jumped on the bandwagon with him..........guess he really needs those cheap slaves to run the ranch when he goes back to Texas. And McCain should have stayed in that POW camp......apparently he quit being an American during his detention there.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 AM

786 posts, read 4,738,258 times
I voted for Bush because I feel a good President could work with the Government to see that our immigration laws are enforced. He has done everything he can to limit border enforcement.

Now that the Amnesty bill is dead for now, I expect the business lobby will now work within the enforcement arm of the government to further limit the Border Patrol from doing their work. The Chamber of Commerce is saying we have a worker shortage of low skilled workers so they will do everything they can to get more immigrants into America, legal and illegal.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,762,369 times
Can I vote for all of the above and toss in a few Republicans as well?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:22 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,474,203 times
I have to agree with Hawkeye48. Bush is the president and his support of illegal immigration and amnesty empowered the Democrats.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 AM

Well, talking to two neighbors about the issue, they seem to equally blame Bush and McCain as they work hand-in-hand with THE most devious and despicable member of the US Senate - Ted Kennedy (aka. Edward Kennedy).

I think that anyone SHOULD be suspicious of an amnesty endorsed by Bush and Kennedy. It has got to be bad for America. Otherwise these two would never team up.

Guys I hate to say this, but it looks like we will have to stage another fight against the amnesty this week. Bush is trying to 'strong arm' the GOP opponents of the amnesty again and this time, Bush is really gonna try.

I think I need to get back to the phones and call my sellout Senators and maker sure they don't budge on the amnesty issue. Or that they at least force the bill to start over fresh and hope we can push the Cornyn ammendment into it in case it passes.....

The fate of the United States is once again hanging by a thread. I consider the illegal alien invasion to be as dangerous as terrorism. It is self-destruction from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration