Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,649,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
What's coming?
If the enforcement of our laws is considered “hateful,” then illegals had better prepare themselves for ‘real’ hate. We can no longer tolerate lawlessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,834,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If the enforcement of our laws is considered “hateful,” then illegals had better prepare themselves for ‘real’ hate. We can no longer tolerate lawlessness.
Your post I quoted left me thinking you were posting about individuals not law enforcement agencies. Well your post was not specific. I hope we get protection from LE not hatred.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,649,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Your post I quoted left me thinking you were posting about individuals not law enforcement agencies. Well your post was not specific. I hope we get protection from LE not hatred.
I was responding to the fact that opposition to illegal immigration, as well as the enforcement of our laws, is considered hateful, racist, etc. by pro-illegals.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,313,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
This is going to be struck down as unconstitutional by the Supreme Court (esp now that it might be infiltrated by a La Raza member) even if it passes. There must be a Constitutional amendment. That is the only way.
Just remember that Sotomayor (if she is indeed confirmed) is a Puerto Rican and there is some bad blood between PR's (all of whom are US citizens by default) and especially Mexicans to start off with.

Too; quite a few PR kids would up having their identities stolen by syndicates specializing in false SSN's for illegals from especially Mexico.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:02 PM

706 posts, read 944,755 times
I remember her "latina/white male" comment. At least there ,she referred to herself as a latina,not Puerto Rican.....And being a member of NCLR....I don't think this bodes well. And her ruling on the firefighters who were denied promotions (has that been thrown out yet? ) tells me that she will be an "activist" judge, inclined to legislate from the bench.

And don't forget,ruth bader ginsberg will be gone soon,and obama will get to appoint another member to the SCOTUS.

Major changes on the way...

JMO

Old 06-10-2009, 04:38 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,313,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I remember her "latina/white male" comment. At least there ,she referred to herself as a latina,not Puerto Rican.....And being a member of NCLR....I don't think this bodes well. And her ruling on the firefighters who were denied promotions (has that been thrown out yet? ) tells me that she will be an "activist" judge, inclined to legislate from the bench.

And don't forget,ruth bader ginsberg will be gone soon,and obama will get to appoint another member to the SCOTUS.

Major changes on the way...

JMO
Never mind that Sotomayor is obviously White by just looking at her.

SCOTUS Scalia probably has darker skin as it is-------and, he is an Anglo of Italian lineage.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:49 PM

706 posts, read 944,755 times
It's not the color of her skin that matters to me, it is her political leaning.....My guess is, she will "interpret" the Constitution rather than abide by it.

AB,I hope You are correct and I am wrong.....

I wonder how she feels about Clarence Thomas, His rulings and his "experiences" in life ?

Regards,
BL

Last edited by borderlord; 06-10-2009 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: missing word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration