Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support amnesty for illegal aliens?
Yes, let's roll out the red carpet 18 16.82%
No, get them back to Mexico ASAP! 89 83.18%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:17 AM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 912,547 times

Advertisements

I think this is the most *simplistic* and inflammatory poll ever constructed about a complex issue. The word choices and phrases suggest a staunch anti-Mexican viewpoint and maybe the purpose of the poll is nothing more than sadsacky "reassurance" for the OP?

I support Amnesty for all undocumented workers currently living in the U.S. I support strict penalties against Companies who employ and/or mistreat undocumented workers. I favor a moratorium on all immigration (migrant workers, foreign students and foreign tech workers) for 20 years. We do not need any more American citizens. We need to take better care of the citizens we currently have.

Mexicans, specifically, are a hard-working, funny, religious group of people who actually have more things in common with the wackoes in "God and Gun" America than not in common. If the God and Gun crowd had any more intelligence and less ignorance, perhaps they'd see that.

When Bush/Cheney and the NeoCons started their warmongering, they targeted undocumented and poor minorities to enlist in the military, to fill recruitment quotas. When many of these soldiers died in Baghdad and Afghanistan, it was learned that they were not U.S. citizens so Bush immediately gave them citizenship. The Border Warriors and "Minutemen" in AZ and TX never reacted out against any of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 AM

549 posts, read 1,667,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
I think this is the most *simplistic* and inflammatory poll ever constructed about a complex issue. The word choices and phrases suggest a staunch anti-Mexican viewpoint and maybe the purpose of the poll is nothing more than sadsacky "reassurance" for the OP?

I support Amnesty for all undocumented workers currently living in the U.S. I support strict penalties against Companies who employ and/or mistreat undocumented workers. I favor a moratorium on all immigration (migrant workers, foreign students and foreign tech workers) for 20 years. We do not need any more American citizens. We need to take better care of the citizens we currently have.

Mexicans, specifically, are a hard-working, funny, religious group of people who actually have more things in common with the wackoes in "God and Gun" America than not in common. If the God and Gun crowd had any more intelligence and less ignorance, perhaps they'd see that.

When Bush/Cheney and the NeoCons started their warmongering, they targeted undocumented and poor minorities to enlist in the military, to fill recruitment quotas. When many of these soldiers died in Baghdad and Afghanistan, it was learned that they were not U.S. citizens so Bush immediately gave them citizenship. The Border Warriors and "Minutemen" in AZ and TX never reacted out against any of that.
I agree with all of the above. I support an amnesty as well. Then we must enforce severe penalties against employers who employ or(and) mistreat of undocumented workers.

Also, I believe that "anchor babies" are rightfully U.S. Nationals. (As stated by our laws)
They were born in this country.

Any person who thinks the opposite needs to get mental help ASAP, and probably should have his/her account suspended for bashing U.S. Nationals.

Last edited by Eduardo983; 05-26-2009 at 01:38 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,856,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
Also, I believe that "anchor babies" are rightfully U.S. Nationals. (As stated by our laws)
Amendment XIV, Section 1, Clause 1:
Quote:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
Any parents who entered illegally are not subject to US jurisdiction and thus their children were never supposed to be granted US citizenship.

Anchor babies are not US citizens and you know it but you refuse to embrace the truth.

Quote:
Any person who thinks the opposite needs to get mental help ASAP, and probably should have his/her account suspended for bashing U.S. Nationals.
Good for you Mr. intolerant and anti-free speech.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 AM

549 posts, read 1,667,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Amendment XIV, Section 1, Clause 1: Any parents who entered illegally are not subject to US jurisdiction and thus their children were never supposed to be granted US citizenship.

Anchor babies are not US citizens and you know it but you refuse to embrace the truth.

Good for you Mr. intolerant and anti-free speech.

Source: Meaning of the qualifying words: “And subject to the jurisdiction thereof.” « Native and Natural Born Citizenship Explored

§ 222. Same—Meaning of the qualifying words: “And subject to the jurisdiction thereof.“—What is the meaning and import of the qualifying words: “and subject to the jurisdiction thereof”—that is, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States—contained in the citizenship clause of the fourteenth amendment? What is their legal effect? What class of persons born or to be hereafter born in the United States are to be, by those words, excluded from citizenship? These words were, ex industriae, placed in the amendment in order to preserve in our law of nationality the two exceptions to the ancient and fundamental common law rule of citizenship by birth within the territory, viz.: the exclusion (1) of children, born in England, of ambassadors and other diplomatic agents of foreign states who had been accredited as the representatives of their governments in England, and (2) the children born of alien enemies within and during a hostile occupation of a part of English territory, such children being excluded because they were not born within the allegiance, protection, power or jurisdiction of the British crown; and (3) the qualifying words were also intended to exclude from citizenship by birth the children of the members of the Indian tribes, who are alien, dependent political communities, standing in a peculiar relation to the national government, unknown to the common law, and to which Indian tribes their respective members owe immediate allegiance, and are not, within the meaning of the amendment, “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States.

AGAIN (JUST IN CASE YOU MUST READ THINGS TWICE TO UNDERSTAND THEM)

The Fourteenth Amendment provides that “all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.”

There is no doubt that, by the common law, children born within the United States of foreign parents, who are not ministers or ambassadors, are citizens of the United States: Lynch v. Clarke, 1 Sand. Ch. 583; McKay v. Campbell, 2 Saw. 118; and the Fourteenth Amendment is declaratory of the common law in this respect: McKay v. Campbell, supra. Therefore a person born within the United States of Chinese parents residing therein, and not engaged in any diplomatic or official capacity under the emperor of China, is a citizen of the United States:In re Loot Tin Siny, 10 Saw. 353; S. C., 21 Fed. Rep. 905; 4 West Coast Rep. 363.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

AGAIN (JUST IN CASE YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THINGS THREE TIMES TO UNDERSTAND THEM)

Based on the first sentence in Section 1, “All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is…..a citizen of the United States.”

In the book titled “Constitution of the United States of America, Analysis and Interpretation,”

Page 1672, Par. 3, line, 5, states,

“The requirement that a person be “subject to the jurisdiction thereof,” however, excludes its application to children born of diplomatic representatives of a foreign state, children born of alien enemies in hostile occupation,” or children of members of Indian tribes subject to tribal law.”

AGAIN (IN CASE YOU MUST READ THINGS FOUR TIMES TO UNDERSTAND THEM)

excludes its application to children born of diplomatic representatives of a foreign state, children born of alien enemies in hostile occupation,” or children of members of Indian tribes subject to tribal law.”

"Children born of alien enemies"....

Is Mexico or any other country a current enemy of the U.S.???

Have you heard one of our presidents say that Mexico or any other country is an enemy of the United States and that we are experiencing a hostile occupation by alien invaders (enemy)?

If an undocumented alien (citizen of a country that is not an enemy of the United States) has a baby here in the U.S. that baby by law is considered to be a rightfully U.S. national by birth.

I hope that you have a decent IQ to understand our laws.

The offprings of undocumented citizens born in U.S. are U.S. National by birth. (As stated by our laws)

Why??

Because those children are not the offprings our our enemies.

Now, if there is a World War 3 and Germany or Mexico is our enemy, any children born in U.S. whose parents are German or Mexicans hostile occupiers are not legally U.S. nationals because they would be children born of alien enemies in hostile occupation.

And BTW, I am not anti-free speech.

Your freedom of speech is bashing other U.S. Nationals. I consider that to be UnAmerican.

You should go to school and learn about our laws... you are writing non-sense threads that are not supported by our laws.

Next time, I recommend you to use (weblinks/trustworthy/legal sources) to support your comments.

And please, don`t even try to become a lawyer.... innocent people could go to prison due to your insufficient knowledge about our laws.

I really hope that you get educated.

And please, stop bashing U.S. Nationals, that`s AntiAmerican.

The moderator should cancel your account.

Embrace the truth, your knowledge about our laws is terrible.

GET EDUCATED

Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 AM

50,531 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
I agree with all of the above. I support an amnesty as well. Then we must enforce severe penalties against employers who employ or(and) mistreat of undocumented workers.

I'm surprised you don't think someone born in an airplane at 30 thousand feet over the US an American, even if the parents don't want them to be American. They were over US soil none the less.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 05-26-2009 at 06:36 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,067,877 times
Years back illegal mexicans lived in my area. Lets just say i will NEVER live near one again & i will report them to immigration. They bring their nasty habits to the us such as throwing toilet paper in the trash can after they wiped themselves. Plumbing is good here compared to dirty,corrupt mexico. They are too ignorant to know that.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 AM

807 posts, read 1,305,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Years back illegal mexicans lived in my area. Lets just say i will NEVER live near one again & i will report them to immigration. They bring their nasty habits to the us such as throwing toilet paper in the trash can after they wiped themselves. Plumbing is good here compared to dirty,corrupt mexico. They are too ignorant to know that.
Yes.. I have noticed the plumbing issue as well and the throwing of toilet paper in the garbage can.. At my former-workplace, they began hiring a bunch of illegal Mexicans and the garbage cans in the bathroom would smell extremely bad, it had been because toilet paper was being thrown in the trash can..

I observed this at a restaurant that I used to enjoy eating at recently.. The restaurant was a Chinese Restaurant that was originally owned by a Chinese family.. The chinese family sold the place to Mexicans, and the staff was "transformed" to all Mexicans.. Again, the Garbage can in the bathroom reflected this as well.. Not to mention the quality of the food took a massive hit, and I never visited that restaurant again..

Old 05-26-2009, 08:30 AM

807 posts, read 1,305,141 times
Quote:

Most Progressive Utopians and Liberals have a "Simplistic" View of Illegal Immigration.. Obviously, you are an Illegal Alien supporter (What's Undocumented?.. Is a Drug Dealer an "Unlicensed Pharmacist"?).. Therefore it also seems that one that would support Illegal Immigration also supports the issues that go along with this.. The issue of the undercutting of the American wage, the displacing of underskilled and working poor Americans, the impact on the enviornment by Overpopulation, the drain on health and social services that Illegal Aliens place on the system, so that working American families are deprived..

If the Illegals currently living in this country are legalized, there will be a massive influx of their family members, etc.. This contradicts the wanting to ensure that we are "taking care of our American citizens", stand that you seem to have taken in your post..

Also, When one group of people is allowed to take priority over ALL other groups in becoming a U.S. Citizens, it sets a scary precedent and becomes a slippery slope.. By allowing Illegals to become citizens we are rewarding their Illegal actions.. It's like if a shoplifter were to steal a cartload of Electronics Merchandise from a Store, he would go to jail and face fines, but in the Pro-Amnesty viewpoint, he would NOT only get to keep the items that he stole, but also be able to go pick up another couple of cartloads of plasma TV's, etc.. Meanwhile, the *******s that are standing in line have to pay for the items that they purchased..

Being an American Citizen is something that many people from around the world strive to become.. Whether it be the engineer from India, the skilled craftsman from China, etc.. Millions of people come into the U.S. Legally EVERY year and work hard by learning English and by taking pride in their country.. They don't forget their culture, but they realize that they are Americans.. The Pro-Amnesty forces want to say "Let's Not Reward those that work hard to be Americans, but let's reward those that want to take a shortcut toward citizenship by sneaking into the country illegally, undercutting American wages, and stealing SSN's to get jobs.."

I agree with you on the strict penalties for companies AND small businesses that employ or mistreat illegal aliens.. If more illegal aliens were to sue their employers, it would create less incentive for these businesses to hire them AND instead opt to hire one of the millions of Unemployed American Citizens and Legal Immigrants in this country.. Progressives and liberals to support illegal immigration are only looking at the "emotional" aspects of the issue and not the real impact on this country's working poor, but by doing so, they are falling right into the hands of the Globalists and Corporations that they had spent years fighting against.. After all, more cheap labor means more undercuts in the Working American's wages and standard of living, more uneducated low-skilled people means more people that will not have the critical thinking skills essential to ensure that the American way of life is preserved for generations to come..

Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,498,276 times
Quote:
I made a poor word choice. I should have said "send them HOME" rather than "back to Mexico." I apologize.

I'm not anti-Mexican or anti-immigrant. I'm anti-criminal alien. That's it.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 AM

50,531 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Yes, which I said in my post. Most illegals are from Mexico, but illegal immigration from Mexico is falling while illegal immigration from countries like China is rising (based on 2005-2006). Not to mention there are about 65-70 thousand ILLEGAL Canadians in America. Where is the outcry about that? While it is not near the amount of illegal Mexicans, it is still a large number, no? So I believe if you are going to be anti-illegal immigration you should be against all illegal immigration, not just people of color.

Edit - Benicar, where did I say anything about this forum? I did not mention anything about this forum, Racist Anti-Illegal immigration supporters are everywhere, on this forum and in the real world... I know Mexican is not a race, no where did I say they were a race. Hatred will make you see things in arguements that aren't there.

Edit again - Why are Mexicans not allowed to fly their flag? People from all nationalities fly their flag openly. Now when one flies another countries flag above the American flag is where one could get mad with reason.
If you know of a bunch of Canadians working illegally call the ICE hotline. Done deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration