Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,637,436 times

Advertisements

Well of course they are going to have a huge increase in spending power......when millions and millions of them flock here, and then live 30 to a house, they are splitting whatever cost they have, of course they are going to have more left over to spend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 12:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,582,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Well of course they are going to have a huge increase in spending power......when millions and millions of them flock here, and then live 30 to a house, they are splitting whatever cost they have, of course they are going to have more left over to spend!
Not to mention, being paid under the table, while receiving tax-funded freebies.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,637,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Not to mention, being paid under the table, while receiving tax-funded freebies.
Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten that? Thanks for adding Benicar!!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,652,139 times
Default Reads between the lines.

I live in NC, and I will gaurantee you a large amount of that money is being spent by illegals. Illegal presence in NC has reached "critical mass", and businesses have handed them the spending power that was once held by actual American citizens.

Now I am sure you can all argue by saying the article said nothing about illegals. But that is exactly the point. Our government and media are trying to turn the opinion of the populace in favor of illegals. The word "Hispanics" was used simply as a cover for the real word they should have used. Now I am not saying we have no legal immigrants here in NC. There are plenty of them. But definately not enough to account for a 1300 percent increase in buying power.

So I am sorry, but for me reports like this just prove once again that the invasion has reached epic proportions and must be brought under control immediately. Because as I have said before, for every illegal family we "help", there is an American family suffering.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,421,387 times
[quote=Reads2MUCH;8341778]
Quote:
I live in NC, and I will gaurantee you a large amount of that money is being spent by illegals. Illegal presence in NC has reached "critical mass", and businesses have handed them the spending power that was once held by actual American citizens.
I find it hard to believe that they are able to spend large sums of money anywhere in the US when the majority of them are sending billions back to prop up the existence of Mexico.

Quote:
Now I am sure you can all argue by saying the article said nothing about illegals. But that is exactly the point. Our government and media are trying to turn the opinion of the populace in favor of illegals. The word "Hispanics" was used simply as a cover for the real word they should have used. Now I am not saying we have no legal immigrants here in NC. There are plenty of them. But definately not enough to account for a 1300 percent increase in buying power.
It is not just our government but is also many Americans of hispanic descent with illegal alien family members, the ethnocentric racists both inside and outside of our government and corporate masters who continue to lump them all together and neatly package them in the "hispanic" box.

Add that factor along with their astronomical birthrates and they will tell you it's too many of them to send them all back. It's the old "power in numbers" ploy that was used as an excuse to give the last "FINAL" amnesty. 1986 anyone?

Quote:
So I am sorry, but for me reports like this just prove once again that the invasion has reached epic proportions and must be brought under control immediately. Because as I have said before, for every illegal family we "help", there is an American family suffering.
I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-14-2009 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM

365 posts, read 756,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post

its funny you mention it like that, we can say that but if you did not have a job and did not move up the economic ladder then pretty much you were lazy. 4% unemployment is what we had at some time the economy was growing so fast that nobody really fined, or made it a mandatory thing to actually back the laws that were in place, TRUE?

if an american family is suffering is because again to make it in this country you have to want it....working 50 hours a week and no leisure and trust me theres plenty of those out there and i dont think

11 million or 5% of the population are creatin so much problems...but were cowards and you mention it is our consumer habits that are bringing these nation down..

Old 04-14-2009, 06:09 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,570,432 times
My brother-in-law is Hispanic, and HIS spending power hasn't grown 1300% in 18 years. I doubt very much if it's even DOUBLED. This story sounds 'suspect' to me....

Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 PM

365 posts, read 756,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
My brother-in-law is Hispanic, and HIS spending power hasn't grown 1300% in 18 years. I doubt very much if it's even DOUBLED. This story sounds 'suspect' to me....
lol its not talking about individuals is talking about the growth of the ethnic group

lets say north carolina had 20,000 hispanics in 1990 and today has 600,000 thats how its coming with the figures...
so does that clarified it?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,171,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
lol its not talking about individuals is talking about the growth of the ethnic group

lets say north carolina had 20,000 hispanics in 1990 and today has 600,000 thats how its coming with the figures...
so does that clarified it?
If said Hispanics are legal, that is one thing.

If not----------they need to disappear from US soil.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,541,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post

if an american family is suffering is because again to make it in this country you have to want it....working 50 hours a week and no leisure and trust me theres plenty of those out there and i dont think
American families suffer because they have NO jobs thanks to the illegals who undercut them in pay. Said Americans KNOW the law... maybe you should check it out yourself. Only took me a couple of minutes to find this for you...

"However, the Act requires employers to pay covered employees not less than one and one‑half times their regular rates of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek..."

Compliance Assistance Employment Law Guide - Minimum Wage and Overtime Pay (http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/minwage.htm#BasicPro - broken link)

Illegal workers cannot demand they get paid overtime, because that would only get them fired... and there is always another scab waiting in line to take his place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration