Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,298,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
When have I said that? When have I inferred that? Link up or shut up....
Ohhh...getting ballsy there, huh?

That's pretty much the theme of this forum. Hence all the references to racist ethnocentric Latinos, comparisons to Koreans, Africans, Japanese, etc..

The frequent comments "well at least they don't do ____ like the Hispanics do!"

Pick a thread! Any thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 PM

147 posts, read 213,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

The real problem is why is the government asking her to do anyhting. If they really wanted her out they should have deported her. To claim political asylum or be a refugee don't you have to prove that you're in some danger or facing something serious back home?

Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 12,007,439 times
Personally I would be unwilling, even under a false user ID, to show how small minded I was as to really be hoping that a 56 year old woman without a family and beyond childbearing is deported by ICE. Obama's aunt is not symbolic of the illegal migration that threatens to overwhelm America's ability to provide life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for a majority of its citizens. If you really want to see her go you are actually acting out your hatred for Obama. If at this point in Obama's presidency you can still hate him then you are acting out of pure racist bile. If the aunt goes it will be sad for her. If Obama goes it will be sad for the country. All your hate won't change the fact that there isn't anyone in Washington right now ready to do a better job except maybe Hillary. Obama has a pipeline right into that brain-trust. Half his cabinet is piped into that brain-trust. Clinton wasn't perfect but... ... as I look around I still see a world outside. The U.S. was not nuked back to the stone age under Clinton's watch. I've heard that that's what is in store for us if we allow Obama to continue to run the country. The hysteria really needs to stop. America is too big to fail. The world won't let America fail. Obama is not doing this on his own. Leave his aunt alone, leave him alone. There will still be interesting things to post about.

H

Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,298,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Personally I would be unwilling, even under a false user ID, to show how small minded I was as to really be hoping that a 56 year old woman without a family and beyond childbearing is deported by ICE. Obama's aunt is not symbolic of the illegal migration that threatens to overwhelm America's ability to provide life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for a majority of its citizens. If you really want to see her go you are actually acting out your hatred for Obama. If at this point in Obama's presidency you can still hate him then you are acting out of pure racist bile. If the aunt goes it will be sad for her. If Obama goes it will be sad for the country. All your hate won't change the fact that there isn't anyone in Washington right now ready to do a better job except maybe Hillary. Obama has a pipeline right into that brain-trust. Half his cabinet is piped into that brain-trust. Clinton wasn't perfect but... ... as I look around I still see a world outside. The U.S. was not nuked back to the stone age under Clinton's watch. I've heard that that's what is in store for us if we allow Obama to continue to run the country. The hysteria really needs to stop. America is too big to fail. The world won't let America fail. Obama is not doing this on his own. Leave his aunt alone, leave him alone. There will still be interesting things to post about.

H
I think you want her to be granted automatic citizenship for the wrong reasons.

I would only want her to stay if she was in danger in Kenya, which I don't know about. People here assume everyone loves Obama in Kenya, but you never know. If she fled that country, and is refusing to return there in a high profile story, I wonder how the government or the powers that be there will feel about that. Maybe celebrity isn't a good thing.

But if you want her to stay just because she's Obama's aunt, and you're an Obama fan, that's a bad reason.
I'm sympathetic to her situation, but at the same time, I don't like youre insinuation that her case is different than the other people here in the country illegally trying to make a living. What her nephew's doing in the White House isn't really relevant at all to the situation. The only thing that's relevant is her claim for political asylum, and whether or not it's valid.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,318,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I think you want her to be granted automatic citizenship for the wrong reasons.

I would only want her to stay if she was in danger in Kenya, which I don't know about. People here assume everyone loves Obama in Kenya, but you never know. If she fled that country, and is refusing to return there in a high profile story, I wonder how the government or the powers that be there will feel about that. Maybe celebrity isn't a good thing.

But if you want her to stay just because she's Obama's aunt, and you're an Obama fan, that's a bad reason.
I'm sympathetic to her situation, but at the same time, I don't like youre insinuation that her case is different than the other people here in the country illegally trying to make a living. What her nephew's doing in the White House isn't really relevant at all to the situation. The only thing that's relevant is her claim for political asylum, and whether or not it's valid.
Well said.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,987,103 times
Obama aunt leak raises questions - Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com

Old 03-27-2009, 09:24 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,649,984 times
Quote:

H
You have made quite a few assumptions. For your information, I don’t hate Obama. As a matter of fact, I voted for him. Your “racist bile” accusation is positively laughable, given that I share Obama’s African ancestry; albeit, not necessarily Kenyan.

Most of your post is totally irrelevant to the OP. This woman has been ordered deported twice, so why is she still here? Furthermore, I do believe Obama has relatives living in Kenya; so where are you getting your info that his aunt would be returning “without a family?” Moreover, we do not base our deportation decisions on whether an individual is of childbearing age, or has family to return to. She is here in violation of our laws, period.

Unlike some, I don’t support lawlessness simply because I share African ancestry with criminals.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-27-2009 at 11:54 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 09:38 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,592,348 times
Quote:

H
If you actually want Obama's Aunt to stay, you are acting out your hatred of the United States because you don't want the laws enforced.

See? I can say something just as ridiculous.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,690,364 times
Quote:

H
What are you saying here? That only relatives of democrats should be granted citizenship? Or that the US should act as the worlds nursing home?

With a nephew who is a lawyer, there is no reason for her to have come into this country illegally, much less stayed illegally and then gotten public housing illegally.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:48 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,690,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Ohhh...getting ballsy there, huh?

That's pretty much the theme of this forum. Hence all the references to racist ethnocentric Latinos, comparisons to Koreans, Africans, Japanese, etc..

The frequent comments "well at least they don't do ____ like the Hispanics do!"

Pick a thread! Any thread.
Ballsy? Moi?

Nice dodge btw.......you can't connect me to racist posts because I don't do that, and I don't believe that. Suddenly your rant is all encompassing. Great -- confront those that are behaving badly when they are behaving badly. Don't wait, then post some condemning craptrap on an unrelated post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration