Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 06:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The tactics, goals and outcomes of the civil-rights movement are frequently invoked in this campaign against Arpaio, who is sometimes depicted as a "modern-day Bull Connor," the Birmingham, Ala., police commissioner who famously fought civil-rights activists with attack dogs and fire hoses.
Arizona Republic article

Funny: many of not most Americans of any race/ethnicity think that Sheriff Joe is a hero.

Face it: comparing a bunch of illegal aliens to American Blacks during the Jim Crow era is insulting to say the least.

As I have opined on the past: watching those illegal alien boneheads demanding the (nonexistant) 'rights' is akin to watching the old Civil Rights newsreels in reverse--------public opinion is growing against those insolent lawbreakers. It is pretty damn bad when Blacks want the illegals gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 AM

163 posts, read 240,952 times
I have friends and family members back in Pennsylvania/New Jersey who talk favorably about him and the folks in Pennsy even want him to go out and give a hand to Mayor Lou in Hazelton. So yeah a lot of people think he's doing a good job...if he wasn't he would keep getting elected.

My ONLY complaint with Sheriff Joe is that he's Maricopa's sheriff and I'm stuck down in Pima.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Read those 8 pages of comments, most are pro Joe.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:04 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Why do illegals believe that they have all the rights of citizenship? Where in the constitution are illegal immigrants granted civil rights?

I can only hope they fly the Mexican flag at their rally and chant in Spanish --- it worked so well for them on the 'day without illegals' marches.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
The protest is called March to Stop the Hate.

What hate are they talking about?

I think a quote from one of my favorite quirk comedies is relevant here:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:30 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The protest is called March to Stop the Hate.

What hate are they talking about?

I think a quote from one of my favorite quirk comedies is relevant here:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
"Hate"..yes....by all means. It certainly DOES seem that there's an AWFUL lot of 'hate' floating around out there these days....Way WAY more than at any time in our history. Seems like these days "hate" is infecting just about all of American society, from top to bottom.

What again, exactly, did we decide was the definition of 'hate'?...It's somehow slipped my mind just now..

Old 02-28-2009, 04:58 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
"Hate"..yes....by all means. It certainly DOES seem that there's an AWFUL lot of 'hate' floating around out there these days....Way WAY more than at any time in our history. Seems like these days "hate" is infecting just about all of American society, from top to bottom.
It's called balkanization. Caused by the ever increasing ethnocentric special interest groups spiraling out of control. It's going to get worse.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Joe Arpaio is no "Bull" Connor.

Saying so is not only inaccurate. It's stupid. It diminishes the credibility of those who make the claim.
Arizona Republic article

And E J Montini is an illegal alien apologist as well------------hell just froze over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration