Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

El Financiero (Mexico City) 11/16/08

The work of forming a National Coalition for Immigration Reform will begin tomorrow (Monday) in the US, according to counselors of the Institute of Mexicans Abroad (IME). According to the agreement made during a meeting of the IME last week, the coalition will initiate a campaign to demand a stop to “anti-immigrant raids” in the US. The agreement establishes that Mexican leaders of the coalition will seek contacts with immigrant groups of other nationalities (especially Latin-American) as well as unions, churches, social organizations, businesses, artists and sports people. The intention is to form a National Coalition that would demand immigration reform and to convince US legislators to bring about change. The coalition will also seek to convince president-elect Obama of the necessity to legalize 12 million immigrants, half of which are Mexican. To achieve this, they will point out that 67% of Latinos voted for him and that, in actuality, 83% of the “Mexicans with US citizenship” backed him at the ballot box. In addition to seeking immigration reform during the first year of Obama’s government, they also ask for a temporary worker program with the option of soliciting [permanent ] residence....

http://m3report.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/mexico-to-start-lobbying-to-stop-anti-immigrant-raids-and-form-a-national-coalition-that-would-demand-immigration-reform-in-the-united-states/

Talk about dumping your trash in your neighbors' backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
El Financiero (Mexico City) 11/16/08

The work of forming a National Coalition for Immigration Reform will begin tomorrow (Monday) in the US, according to counselors of the Institute of Mexicans Abroad (IME). According to the agreement made during a meeting of the IME last week, the coalition will initiate a campaign to demand a stop to “anti-immigrant raids” in the US. The agreement establishes that Mexican leaders of the coalition will seek contacts with immigrant groups of other nationalities (especially Latin-American) as well as unions, churches, social organizations, businesses, artists and sports people. The intention is to form a National Coalition that would demand immigration reform and to convince US legislators to bring about change. The coalition will also seek to convince president-elect Obama of the necessity to legalize 12 million immigrants, half of which are Mexican. To achieve this, they will point out that 67% of Latinos voted for him and that, in actuality, 83% of the “Mexicans with US citizenship” backed him at the ballot box. In addition to seeking immigration reform during the first year of Obama’s government, they also ask for a temporary worker program with the option of soliciting [permanent ] residence....

http://m3report.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/mexico-to-start-lobbying-to-stop-anti-immigrant-raids-and-form-a-national-coalition-that-would-demand-immigration-reform-in-the-united-states/

Talk about dumping your trash in your neighbors' backyard.
If history is any guide Mexico et al are petrified about the repercussions of the growing anti illegal immigrant enforcement as our economy continues to tank.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If history is any guide Mexico et al are petrified about the repercussions of the growing anti illegal immigrant enforcement as our economy continues to tank.
I'm sure you're right but they need to grow the hell up and act like a full grown country and take care of their own burdens. If the decades of annual aid packages and multiple million tons of their garbage running across the border dropping their anchors receiving education, welfare, foodstamps, etc. hasn't helped this so far, then it's obvious that they are beyond and undeserving of help.

They are no different from the many poorly managed and corrupt American businesses who think the American tax payers should perpetually bail them out. IMHO we should stop all forms of bailing them out. If they are too trifling and corrupt to fix their own country Mexico deserves to die.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Wtf? The arrogance, the entitlement mentality is beyond comprehension. If these people put half the effort into their own countries that put into trying to dictate our countries immigration policies...well, all this would be moot, wouldn't it?

The US owes Mexico nothing. The US owes the citizens of S and Central America nothing. The US owes Europeans nothing. At least when it comes to immigration. CLose the borders, kick the illegals out and see what happens. Our economy will not falter (anymore then it already is, anyways ), but Mexicos would collapse. How on Earth does any nation get away with dumping its nonproductive and uneducated people onto its richer neighbor?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
I'm sure you're right but they need to grow the hell up and act like a full grown country and take care of their own burdens. If the decades of annual aid packages and multiple million tons of their garbage running across the border dropping their anchors receiving education, welfare, foodstamps, etc. hasn't helped this so far, then it's obvious that they are beyond and undeserving of help.

They are no different from the many poorly managed and corrupt American businesses who think the American tax payers should perpetually bail them out. IMHO we should stop all forms of bailing them out. If they are too trifling and corrupt to fix their own country Mexico deserves to die.
As our Benicar would say: The choir said amen!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:58 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wtf? The arrogance, the entitlement mentality is beyond comprehension. If these people put half the effort into their own countries that put into trying to dictate our countries immigration policies...well, all this would be moot, wouldn't it?

The US owes Mexico nothing. The US owes the citizens of S and Central America nothing. The US owes Europeans nothing. At least when it comes to immigration. CLose the borders, kick the illegals out and see what happens. Our economy will not falter (anymore then it already is, anyways ), but Mexicos would collapse. How on Earth does any nation get away with dumping its nonproductive and uneducated people onto its richer neighbor?
I couldn't agree more! The audacity. What I liked to know is what; just what are they going to do if we tell Mexico to stick it - they need to take care of their nationals?

Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

They know that we don't need them. They are so desperate to remain here that they create all types of fantasies in their warped imaginations. Now that the economy has just about collapsed and we are bleeding jobs, you would think they would at least be able to put 2+2 together realize that it is time for them to drag their sorry, tax draining, worthless asses back home.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
there you go again miss pitbull [i think it was tinman that coined that label and i kinda like it, though you probably don't], i was surfing along in my "normal" [kinda,sorda, gawd i hate those basdards] moderate anti-illegal frame of mind and then you post this!
once again you've succeded in setting my typing finger [yes that's singular] on fire!

IT'S TIME WE, THE SILENT MAJORITY SPOKE OUT AGAINST THIS B.S.

JUST VOTING IS NOT ENOUGH. CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTITIVE

Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
there you go again miss pitbull [i think it was tinman that coined that label and i kinda like it, though you probably don't], i was surfing along in my "normal" [kinda,sorda, gawd i hate those basdards] moderate anti-illegal frame of mind and then you post this!
once again you've succeded in setting my typing finger [yes that's singular] on fire!

IT'S TIME WE, THE SILENT MAJORITY SPOKE OUT AGAINST THIS B.S.

JUST VOTING IS NOT ENOUGH. CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTITIVE
Actually, tinman and I are cool and I actually find it funny.

I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble.

But hey, I'm sure you've ruined a lot more days for illegal aliens and their supporters than I have.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
Quote:
Actually, tinman and I are cool and I actually find it funny.

I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble.

But hey, I'm sure you've ruined a lot more days for illegal aliens and their supporters than I have.
no, judging by your posts, you're much better connected and motivated than i. YOU GO GIRL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration