Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Re-read your post #8 then get back with me.

Better yet: let me spell it out for you; if the violence from SOB spreads northward, meaning that Mexico cannot or will not control its criminals----------then that nation will be done.

You claim to be 'American' as well; yet you evidently do not grasp the essence of our Anglo-Saxon based culture.
This post is just confusing. Another incoherent rant.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:23 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
The federal government is not going to do jack to protect our country's borders .... if you think were are going to send anything other then harsh words to Mexico you are delusional.

It's up to us WE THE PEOPLE to defend our borders because Washington clearly has no interest in doing so. Obama or Bush ... it's the same old dodo from the Clueless City on the Potomac.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You're losing it, pal.
Projection here.............

You accuse me of losing it whereas it is Mexico that is showing the classic signs of failure.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The federal government is not going to do jack to protect our country's borders .... if you think were are going to send anything other then harsh words to Mexico you are delusional.

It's up to us WE THE PEOPLE to defend our borders because Washington clearly has no interest in doing so. Obama or Bush ... it's the same old dodo from the Clueless City on the Potomac.
Tojo made that same mistake back in 1941...................

Old 02-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Tojo made that same mistake back in 1941...................
First you compare Mexico to World War I-era German, now World War II era Japan?
Again, you're losing it. You're delusional, and you're believing your fantasies. You're not going to see the United States military bombing and slaughtering Mexican civilians. Sorry, but you're just not going to be able to see that in your lifetime. No matter how much you hate the country and/or it's people.
WE, Americans, don't want that.
And it doesn't make sense to.
If you're such a history buff, learn how wars are started, and for what reasons. Countries trying to deal with a crime problem(much like the US in the 1930s), or countries being a source of immigration, has never been reasons to attack a country.
Maybe you should hit the streets with a sandwich board calling for the kind of action you want, but I don't think it'll happen.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Again, you're losing it. You're delusional, and you're believing your fantasies. You're not going to see the United States military bombing and slaughtering Mexican civilians. Sorry, but you're just not going to be able to see that in your lifetime. No matter how much you hate the country and/or it's people.
If you're such a history buff, learn how wars are started, and for what reasons. Countries trying to deal with a crime problem(much like the US in the 1930s), or countries being a source of immigration, has never been reasons to attack a country.
Maybe you should hit the streets with a sandwich board calling for the kind of action you want, but I don't think it'll happen.
And I hope to God that cooler heads will prevail before Mexico collapses...........otherwise, the USA will have its hands full.

Quote:
Going to Mexico for spring break is practically a rite of passage for college students in Arizona, but the state's three public universities want to warn young revelers about stepped-up violence south of the border.

The University of Arizona in Tucson has issued a travel advisory urging students not to go to Mexico, and officials at Arizona State University in Tempe and Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff said they have similar plans to warn students.
Arizona Republic article

Care to call me delusional again?

Old 02-21-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
And I hope to God that cooler heads will prevail before Mexico collapses...........otherwise, the USA will have its hands full.

Arizona Republic article

Care to call me delusional again?
What does that selection have to do with anything?
The border area is where the U.S. and Mexico meet, where the drug exchanges are happening, so yeah, its dangerous in this time when the government is fighting the cartels, and many top leaders are being arrested causing some disarray and violence. It's a bad time.
Theres plenty of places in the US I won't recommend teens go either.

You guys spend all day bashing "mainstream liberal media", but if it supports your own beliefs....

But with your nonsensical comparisons, and your thinly-veiled hope for those dirty Mexicans to get punished for their sins by the U.S. military, yeah..you're delusional.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
The guard was on the border for years, many rotating in and out from Iraq. I think that qualifies as our military being on the border. If they wouldn't have pulled them a lot of this probably wouldn't be happening now.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:28 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
Quote:
I don't want to see us bomb Mexican civilians, I want to see us bomb Mexican government and military facilities along with drug cartel locations (growing sites, drug lord villas, etc). I want to see the D boys kick down some doors and turn Pablo the Drug Lord into a piece of Swiss cheese. I want to see the Mexican government held accountable for the 300+ Mexican Army border incursions since 2002.

But like you said, it will never happen and not because we don't want it but because the politicians would lose the Hispanic vote and I am sure more then a few of them get bribes and under the table deals to ignore the situation on the border both in regards to drugs and in regards to illegal immigration.

Ten years from now the border will still be wide open, the only thing different is that even more people will be dying, even more illegal immigrants and drugs will be crossing and even more Mexican Army units will "accidentally" forget where the border is located and then "accidentally" shoot at more US Border Patrol agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.