Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 06:15 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,436,115 times

Advertisements

The man admitted using a fake name and Social Security number to Amalia Cerrillo, his tax preparer. He was linked to a Texas man who reported his Social Security number had been stolen.

"I'm not here to judge them," Cerrillo told the Los Angeles Times last year. "If they need to file taxes, then I help them file taxes."

In October, authorities served a warrant to search files at the tax company. They were looking for people who filed for returns using identification belonging to other Americans. Of the 5,000 documents they searched, they found 1,300 cases of possible Social Security fraud.

'The ACLU sued my district attorney & sheriff'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 08:32 AM

50,596 posts, read 47,422,441 times
That there debunks the fact that some people think Illegals pay taxes on stolen ids but don't get refunds. They do.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:46 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,668,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The man admitted using a fake name and Social Security number to Amalia Cerrillo, his tax preparer. He was linked to a Texas man who reported his Social Security number had been stolen.

"I'm not here to judge them," Cerrillo told the Los Angeles Times last year. "If they need to file taxes, then I help them file taxes."

In October, authorities served a warrant to search files at the tax company. They were looking for people who filed for returns using identification belonging to other Americans. Of the 5,000 documents they searched, they found 1,300 cases of possible Social Security fraud.

'The ACLU sued my district attorney & sheriff'

She is not there to 'judge them'?! You know damn well that if it were her ssn being used she would most certainly 'judge them'. In fact, that is what I propose for her to do --- give her ssn to anybody and everybody who needs it with no questions asked. In the meantime she should be charged with knowingly aiding and abetting a crime in process if it can be proven she either knew the ssns were false or she had strong suspicions of it. Yet again it must be stressed that the US is not and should not be a nation of a two tiered legal system, one for citizens and a much looser one for illegals. Complete and total bs.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,609,351 times
Quote:
Why is this even an issue? Clearly, this is a case of tax fraud, identity theft, and criminal collusion.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM

291 posts, read 415,035 times
But it common practice for them to share ssn's and tax ids sadly by the time the irs has a clue they have cashed the check and moved on to a new id. These people very often work in groups I know of one right now that i have reported and have gotten little resolve. They are back at it again.I report they stop for a month or two then start back up with a new group to habor while that learn the ropes to collect and land the anchor baby. lots of noise trash and screaming.Seems the latest sceme is to bring the kids over from honduras hide them for awhile later the parents and relatives come. take about 6 months for them to get enough to move on.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 PM

291 posts, read 415,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
She is not there to 'judge them'?! You know damn well that if it were her ssn being used she would most certainly 'judge them'. In fact, that is what I propose for her to do --- give her ssn to anybody and everybody who needs it with no questions asked. In the meantime she should be charged with knowingly aiding and abetting a crime in process if it can be proven she either knew the ssns were false or she had strong suspicions of it. Yet again it must be stressed that the US is not and should not be a nation of a two tiered legal system, one for citizens and a much looser one for illegals. Complete and total bs.
Judge them, she's knows she is breaking the law by false filings.
bunch of thieves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration