Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:02 AM

90 posts, read 331,400 times

Advertisements

I have been reading that the E-VERIFY Program that was suppose to stop illegal aliens from working has done very little to stop them from getting a job. What they do instead is just use the identity of a legal friend or relative to get the job. Of course when tax time comes the IRS may ask why someone is working 15 jobs and made tons of money.

Other illegal aliens will just steal some one's identity and trick E-Verify that way. A better system needs to be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 11:05 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
All legal immigrants are required to have completed biometrics. Perhaps that should be implemented for all citizens. Finger prints be kept on record. As a vet mine are already on record so I have no issue with it.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:06 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Sorry, Political Genius . . . no system is perfect.

Simply put, E-Verify is head and shoulders above Plan B so using it is absolutely necessary until a better system is implemented.

I firmly believe any and all Illegal Lovers and/or Advocates should find themselves victims of ID Theft (if they have an ID worth stealing) and that includes our wonderful pandering leaders in Washington. Needless to say, THEIR TUNE WOULD CHANGE IMMEDIATELY!

Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
I have been reading that the E-VERIFY Program that was suppose to stop illegal aliens from working has done very little to stop them from getting a job. What they do instead is just use the identity of a legal friend or relative to get the job. Of course when tax time comes the IRS may ask why someone is working 15 jobs and made tons of money.

Other illegal aliens will just steal some one's identity and trick E-Verify that way. A better system needs to be found.
Point well taken.

That stated: here in Arizona the illegals are definitely thinning out in just the last 12 months due in part to E Verify

Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry, Political Genius . . . no system is perfect.

Simply put, E-Verify is head and shoulders above Plan B so using it is absolutely necessary until a better system is implemented.

I firmly believe any and all Illegal Lovers and/or Advocates should find themselves victims of ID Theft (if they have an ID worth stealing) and that includes our wonderful pandering leaders in Washington. Needless to say, THEIR TUNE WOULD CHANGE IMMEDIATELY!
Funny that you would bring that up. I recently read that illegal aliens had indeed began stealing the identities of LEGAL latinos/citizens. As long as they were stealing the identification of non-hispanics their supporters seemed to be okay with them being here because they are simply "looking for a better life". Many of said legal hispanics (former IA supporters) have since changed their tune and for some reason fail to see the humor in that.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Funny that you would bring that up. I recently read that illegal aliens had indeed began stealing the identities of LEGAL latinos/citizens. As long as they were stealing the identification of non-hispanics their supporters seemed to be okay with them being here because they are simply "looking for a better life". Many of said legal hispanics (former IA supporters) have since changed their tune and for some reason fail to see the humor in that.
I know a gentleman who is 'Mexican' American yet no stereotypical illegal Latino would dare steal his ID-----------said 'Chicano' is Nordic White (blue eyed blond). Yes, he does have a common Spanish surname.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:00 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I know a gentleman who is 'Mexican' American yet no stereotypical illegal Latino would dare steal his ID-----------said 'Chicano' is Nordic White (blue eyed blond). Yes, he does have a common Spanish surname.
Since the latino SURNAME is more important in terms of lending credibility to the status of the illegal alien hispanic (for E-verify purposes) without the employer knowing what you look like, your identity just might be fair game.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Since the latino SURNAME is more important in terms of lending credibility to the status of the illegal alien hispanic (for E-verify purposes) without the employer knowing what you look like, your identity just might be fair game.
Damn: I am glad I had my name changed ca. 1989------------my surname sounded 'Hispanic'.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 AM

425 posts, read 1,092,977 times
Quote:

I would hope the system would flag any name/ID # that came up repeatedly, and hopefully that would halt the hiring process. Someone who would do that isn't going to fil a tax return with the IRS anyway.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:

E-Verify may not be a perfect system but it is better than NO Enforcement whatsoever.. IF an Illegal Alien commits an act of Identity theft and it is discovered, they should be imprisoned and deported.. Period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration