Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Some five million fraudulent home mortgages are in the hands of illegal aliens, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

It's not known how many of those have contributed to the subprime housing mortgage meltdown, but it has affected every state, including Arizona.

The problem began years ago when banks were forced to give mortgages without confirming social security numbers or borrower identification. As a result, illegal immigrants were able to obtain home mortgages which they could not afford.

One illegal alien was arrested this year in Tucson after allegedly using a stolen social security number to buy two homes and rack up over $780,000 in bad debt.

http://kfyi.com/pages/local_news.html?feed=118695&article=4364653

If HUD is stating it's 5 million, I have no doubt the number is probably double.

Wow . . . just wow . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Some five million fraudulent home mortgages are in the hands of illegal aliens, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

It's not known how many of those have contributed to the subprime housing mortgage meltdown, but it has affected every state, including Arizona.

The problem began years ago when banks were forced to give mortgages without confirming social security numbers or borrower identification. As a result, illegal immigrants were able to obtain home mortgages which they could not afford.

One illegal alien was arrested this year in Tucson after allegedly using a stolen social security number to buy two homes and rack up over $780,000 in bad debt.

http://kfyi.com/pages/local_news.html?feed=118695&article=4364653

If HUD is stating it's 5 million, I have no doubt the number is probably double.
Wow . . . just wow . . .
Exactly-we know that 5 million is a low number. Do you know what is amazing? We went through the mortgage process last July and we both had our social security numbers confirmed and we have excellent credit. Yet this article claims banks were forced to give mortgages without confirming ss numbers? I guess ss numbers only need to be confimed when it is a US citizen Yet we are constantly told there aren't two sets of rules-one set for honest US citizens and one set for ILLEGAL aliens.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,655 times
word travels fast SOB.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
If 5 million of them have mortgages, how does that reflect on the estimation that we have a total of 12 million altogether? Sounds like the 12 mil estimate is waaaaaay off. What percent of citizens own vs. rent? This is insane.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If 5 million of them have mortgages, how does that reflect on the estimation that we have a total of 12 million altogether? Sounds like the 12 mil estimate is waaaaaay off. What percent of citizens own vs. rent? This is insane.
Exactly!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
And this is just the tip of the ice burg. Because of the Economic crisis, we're going to hear alot more fraud commited by "Illegals -via- financial institute support". Many many more Americans will become aware of how bad the Illegal Immigration problem really is, and to the point where the mere suggestion of amnesty will be an insult.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And this is just the tip of the ice burg. Because of the Economic crisis, we're going to hear alot more fraud commited by "Illegals -via- financial institute support". Many many more Americans will become aware of how bad the Illegal Immigration problem really is, and to the point where the mere suggestion of amnesty will be an insult.
I heard that auto corporations are suffering also. No doubt, many illegals have left town (or the country) with their new cars, leaving the lenders holding the bag. It will be as hard to get a car loan as a mortgage loan.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I heard that auto corporations are suffering also. No doubt, many illegals have left town (or the country) with their new cars, leaving the lenders holding the bag. It will be as hard to get a car loan as a mortgage loan.
Yes. I keep track of what goes on in my home state. I heard that a plant in Flint, MI. just closed recently.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Yes. I keep track of what goes on in my home state. I heard that a plant in Flint, MI. just closed recently.
More unemployed Americans, devalued, and foreclosed homes. I wonder how many illegals live in Flint, and how many are still employed.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:15 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
It is way off. I suspect, from looking at census figures and Pew figures - that we have more like 20 Million illegals here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration