Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 AM

394 posts, read 1,007,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I was shopping at a nearby 7-11 Grocery Store and I was just shocked by the large number of potentially illegal aliens standing around the parking lot. There were over 100 of them waiting for someone to come by and offer them a job. Down the street there was maybe 100 more standing around for work. They seemed so desparate and hungry.

Every time a car came by- every day laborer standing around would look over to see if the driver were looking for workers. One car came up and the driver and waved to the workers. within seconds at least fifty Day Laborers rushed the car and got on top of the vehicle and the windshield. The driver of the car started to freak out and drove quickly out of the parking lot. The day laborers still held on to the car begging for work. One said $5.00 an hour! Another one said $4.00 an hour. Finally, the car drove away without making arrangements. No job for any of these desparate workers this time.

Pretty scary thing to watch. It made me think that things must be really tough for them now. Many might have worked regular jobs but had been fired when the employer or ICE determined that they were using a false Social Security Card.

In a few years will MBA's be standing there also when the next great depression starts?
i swear i'm no bleeding heart liberal, but this obvious desperation by the hispanics at the 7/11 does make me cringe a little. i wish to see noone suffer. although i'm hopeful that their desperate enough TO GO HOME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i swear i'm no bleeding heart liberal, but this obvious desperation by the hispanics at the 7/11 does make me cringe a little. i wish to see noone suffer. although i'm hopeful that their desperate enough TO GO HOME.
Considering how bad things are becoming here for the (mostly) Hispanic illegals---------they would indeed be better off back home. Starvation is no longer a problem in at least Mexico.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For some reason I kept thinking it was the 7-11 at 36th St/McDowell here in Phx.

I keep forgetting there are 7-11's in Virginia---------never mind I am a Wash DC native.
Are you kidding..obviously you have never been @ the intersection of Cave creek and bell rd...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Are you kidding..obviously you have never been @ the intersection of Cave creek and bell rd...
I have not been by Cave Creek/Bell Rd in years now

All joking aside: I tend to stay in my 'corner' of the Phx area; S Scottsdale/N Tempe/central Phx and, if I leave it---------we are discussing Sun City West (my G/F's parents live there), Globe/Miami, Bullhead City area, E of Apache Junction for the Renaissance Festival, etc.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
It's no different here. In front of the grocery store in Linda Vista off Linda Vista Rd and Taft you'll see 30-50 depending on the day. I've seen the same in Santee and Lakeside where I ride as well.
I think everyone is finally seeing the scope of how many people are here in the US illegally and if using tax dollars how much money is being taken from taxpayers.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 PM

485 posts, read 1,840,716 times
Default The level of desparation was what encouraged me to post

Of course everyone knows there are tons of places all over America with tons of illegal aliens and day labor sites. What caught my eye about this occurrence was the sheer number of laborers who were standing around looking for work, but not getting any.

In front of the 7-11 Store there must have been nearly 100 Hispanic Men standing around in small groups. Going down the street for a mile there was maybe 150 more. They were a rough looking group.

When the van came up and waved to a group of laborers, all hell broke loose and the fifty or so men basically attacked the car. It reminded me of a sight in India or other desparate third world country.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
Of course everyone knows there are tons of places all over America with tons of illegal aliens and day labor sites. What caught my eye about this occurrence was the sheer number of laborers who were standing around looking for work, but not getting any.

In front of the 7-11 Store there must have been nearly 100 Hispanic Men standing around in small groups. Going down the street for a mile there was maybe 150 more. They were a rough looking group.

When the van came up and waved to a group of laborers, all hell broke loose and the fifty or so men basically attacked the car. It reminded me of a sight in India or other desparate third world country.
It is indeed sad. However, what you don’t see, are the millions of legal citizens who have lost their jobs dues to illegal immigration, outsourcing and insourcing cheap labor. What you don’t see, are the millions of legal citizens who don’t know when they will have another meal. What you don’t see, are the thousands of veterans who cannot get adequate benefits, or decent shelter. What you don’t see, are the elderly eating dog food, and forgoing essential medicine to have enough money for electricity. There are myriad sad stories of legal citizens, you simply don’t see.

I have compassion for all who are lacking the bare essentials one needs to survive. However, these people are here illegally. We do not ‘owe’ them jobs. Obviously, the work is no longer plentiful, so they need to pack their bags and go home. We have enough unemployed and homeless legal citizens, we don’t need more.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM

608 posts, read 924,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is indeed sad. However, what you don’t see, are the millions of legal citizens who have lost their jobs dues to illegal immigration, outsourcing and insourcing cheap labor. What you don’t see, are the millions of legal citizens who don’t know when they will have another meal. What you don’t see, are the thousands of veterans who cannot get adequate benefits, or decent shelter. What you don’t see, are the elderly eating dog food, and forgoing essential medicine to have enough money for electricity. There are myriad sad stories of legal citizens, you simply don’t see.

I have compassion for all who are lacking the bare essentials one needs to survive. However, these people are here illegally. We do not ‘owe’ them jobs. Obviously, the work is no longer plentiful, so they need to pack their bags and go home. We have enough unemployed and homeless legal citizens, we don’t need more.
The illegals have stolen enough from the US citizens. As the economy worsens the pressure will only increase against illegals. Now is the time for them to return to their homeland before disenfranchised Americans turn their desperation into outward hostility and dirrect it towards these vultures.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,310,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have not been by Cave Creek/Bell Rd in years now

All joking aside: I tend to stay in my 'corner' of the Phx area; S Scottsdale/N Tempe/central Phx and, if I leave it---------we are discussing Sun City West (my G/F's parents live there), Globe/Miami, Bullhead City area, E of Apache Junction for the Renaissance Festival, etc.
AZ Bear..I know this is off topic, but I'm sure you heard that all of the Olsson's closed in DC?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
AZ Bear..I know this is off topic, but I'm sure you heard that all of the Olsson's closed in DC?
Please explain: I do not remember any outfit named 'Olssen's' when still living in the DC area. In all fairness; I left there in 1978.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration