Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,423,944 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants only account for about 3 percent of the population but they make up over 17 percent of the federal prison population, according to an Urban Institute study. Other estimates now show that illegal immigrants make up half of the California prison population.

I devote an entire chapter to illegal immigration in my new book, The Conservative's Handbook (Cumberland House). In doing research for that chapter, I discovered that an ESR Research study released earlier this year estimates the cost of illegal immigration to the federal government alone at $115 billion!

The human cost of illegal immigration is staggering. The Violent Crimes Institute estimates there are more than 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States. That's 93 sex offenders and 12 serial sex offenders crossing into the U.S. every day. Each sex offender is averaging four victims. That's close to a million victims of sexual crimes at the hands of illegal immigrants. Of that number, 41 percent were sexual homicides.

U.S. Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, conducted a study of government records and cross-referenced those records with arrest records and prison population estimates. His conclusion? On average, 12 Americans are murdered daily by illegal immigrants. That's 4,380 per year.

To put it another way, that's more people killed each year by illegal immigrants than the number of soldiers lost in the first four years of the Iraq war. King's study estimates another 13 people are killed by illegal immigrants in traffic accidents each day, primarily from drunken driving. That's 25 innocent Americans killed each day. That's 9,125 per year. That's like a 9/11 happening every four months or a 727 jetliner full of passengers going down every week.

Build the fence, yes, but let the states and cities demagnetize America, and we'll see an end to illegal immigration once and for all.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080914/COLUMNIST0130/809140360/1008/OPINION01

Great opinion, ITA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times
21 new businesses just joined that program that is a national db for hiring LEGAL workers.

I can't even believe it is an issue. No Illegal should be here much the less working.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Spurious anti-illegal propaganda! Illegals lower the crime rate in areas. Only racists believe this garbage.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
21 new businesses just joined that program that is a national db for hiring LEGAL workers.

I can't even believe it is an issue. No Illegal should be here much the less working.

I agree but as long as the government allows the greedy corporate masters to ignore the law, they will continue to do so. We both know that if they uniformly enforce the laws, cut off all the freebies and rescind the 14th, we would have very little if any problems getting rid of those here illegally.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times
The Feds kee shooting down States desperate measures to fix their problems with Illegal Aliens claiming it is a Fed issue not a State one but they do nothing themselves about it.

Ike proved if the Feds work on it they self-deport.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Spurious anti-illegal propaganda! Illegals lower the crime rate in areas. Only racists believe this garbage.

I couldn't agree more. It's starting to grate on my nerves as much as Senor Boosh and his "they hate our freedoms" propaganda.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Absolutely! It's as ridiculous as debating whether burglars should be permitted to pawn their stolen goods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration