Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 04:49 AM

786 posts, read 4,732,014 times

Advertisements

There is going to be huge layoffs when the US Government finally implements there plan to crack down on employers who have people with false social security numbers. Already many employers are starting to fire the workers who are using social security numbers who do not belong to them.

Bush plans push on immigrant laws, fines - The Boston Globe

Police and social services officals expect additional problems when some of the current 10 million people who are using a false social security number are fired and turn to social services and crime to survive.

Enforcing immigration laws has unintended consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 05:55 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
There is going to be huge layoffs when the US Government finally implements there plan to crack down on employers who have people with false social security numbers. Already many employers are starting to fire the workers who are using social security numbers who do not belong to them.

Police and social services officals expect additional problems when some of the current 10 million people who are using a false social security number are fired and turn to social services and crime to survive.

More reason for every American to be armed.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post

There is a simple and effective solution to this 'unintended consequence'. The laws are even already on the books. Using of a false/stolen SS# is a felony to the best of my knowledge. Load the felons onto a bus or plane and get them out of the country. Not a good idea? I think it is. I am not interested in having 3 more college student murdered execution style by point blank shots to the head fired by illegal aliens.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
There is a simple and effective solution to this 'unintended consequence'. The laws are even already on the books. Using of a false/stolen SS# is a felony to the best of my knowledge. Load the felons onto a bus or plane and get them out of the country. Not a good idea? I think it is. I am not interested in having 3 more college student murdered execution style by point blank shots to the head fired by illegal aliens.
I'm with you..round them up and DEPORT them..then build a moat on the borders down south and fill it with alligators

Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,030 times
Default dont believe it

If the government wants to keep these people here do you really believe this?
They will have a few raids which will not come close to deporting a signifigant amount of people and make sure there is some press about them. then it will dwindle.

If you want to know what government will do or is doing about the problem just open your eyes and look around. Reality is proof not false promises. Once again trying to fool the public with some good cop bad cop rountine. If the US deported all of them but is still letting them, is anything going to change.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:25 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
More reason for every American to be armed.
And remember, always carry an extra clip.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
I do fear that we will soon see fighting in our streets. I wonder which side the armed forces and police will be on?

Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I do fear that we will soon see fighting in our streets. I wonder which side the armed forces and police will be on?
I just heard on the news that a man was gunned down in a CVS parking lot. Three men, not sure if they are illegal or not. Very close to home! A deputy in chase was hit by an SUV and sent to the hospital. According to eye witness reports, they got the guys that did it.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
It will depend on what city it happens in. In sanctuary cities like LA, San Francisco, or Boston, the cops will be on the side of the illegals, and they will most likely arrest any solid citizens who turn out in support of enforcing labor laws. In addition, TV news broadcasts will air stories of how innocent anchor babies are starving in their cribs.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
It will depend on what city it happens in. In sanctuary cities like LA, San Francisco, or Boston, the cops will be on the side of the illegals, and they will most likely arrest any solid citizens who turn out in support of enforcing labor laws. In addition, TV news broadcasts will air stories of how innocent anchor babies are starving in their cribs.
I dont know, arent most cops current and former military? I would just guess that they would be on the side of the citizens (like themselves).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration