Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:55 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,811,537 times

Advertisements

I'm glad he can stay with his family but think on the other hand it is unfair that I pay so much to stay here legal and have paid tons of money on lawyers and visas.
If they allow illegals than legal aliens should have a chance to stay also, and be allowed even more since we had a proper background check which illegals never had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So if you cross the border illegally why shouldn't you expect to be sent back? Now what is the Boy Scout oath again?
I was a Boy Scout for a short time and can understand why he is getting support especially among fellow Scouts. He has not demonstrated any wrong doing against the oath... "On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

Country is a relative term especially if he truly believes he is American. Imagine, he speaks English. Morally straight could come to question but he does not appear to be a troubled teen drug dealer. He seems to do good by staying with his family so that balances out where "morally straight" is at question.

I assume you are actually questioning the Scout Law and his compliance with the Scout Law. If that is the case out of trustworthy, loyal, friendly, courteous, kind obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent - only obedient and reverent are in question.

Like all laws there are exceptions. Where obedient is concerned, if a Scout thinks the rules or laws are unfair (in this case he would like to stay with his family) he has a right to challenge them in an orderly way instead of disobeying them. Well he did go to court so he tried.

Reverent - they never mentioned anything about his beliefs in God and religion so we don't know about. So you could argue he does not respect the believes of others (those against illegal immigration in this case).

But at the end of the day the Scout Motto is "Be Prepared!" Sounds like one tough kid prepared to face anything.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They definitely will, even before the elections started they all thought illegal immigration would be the number issue.
Maybe they should have had breakfast with Pres. Bush this morning for a $1000.00 a plate here in Arizona and let him know they will no longer tolerate his wishy washy treatment of the illegal problems.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,197,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
I was a Boy Scout for a short time and can understand why he is getting support especially among fellow Scouts. He has not demonstrated any wrong doing against the oath... "On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

Country is a relative term especially if he truly believes he is American. Imagine, he speaks English. Morally straight could come to question but he does not appear to be a troubled teen drug dealer. He seems to do good by staying with his family so that balances out where "morally straight" is at question.

I assume you are actually questioning the Scout Law and his compliance with the Scout Law. If that is the case out of trustworthy, loyal, friendly, courteous, kind obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent - only obedient and reverent are in question.

Like all laws there are exceptions. Where obedient is concerned, if a Scout thinks the rules or laws are unfair (in this case he would like to stay with his family) he has a right to challenge them in an orderly way instead of disobeying them. Well he did go to court so he tried.

Reverent - they never mentioned anything about his beliefs in God and religion so we don't know about. So you could argue he does not respect the believes of others (those against illegal immigration in this case).

But at the end of the day the Scout Motto is "Be Prepared!" Sounds like one tough kid prepared to face anything.

True but the scouts have discriminated against millions of American Citizens on just one of those: morally straight.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,867,949 times
yeah, undocumented el salvadorians are more than welcome in my home. hopefully they will be in MS-13 too!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,793,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
So if you cross the border illegally why shouldn't you expect to be sent back? Now what is the Boy Scout oath again?
Come on now! He is a little kid- and a Boy Scout! He is just the kind of kid America needs!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 PM

299 posts, read 547,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Come on now! He is a little kid- and a Boy Scout! He is just the kind of kid America needs!
Oh yeah, we need little ones who have been brought to disregard any law that their parents don't like. Just what we need more of. NOT!!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 PM

570 posts, read 1,585,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He is the kind of kid that America needs to deport. Along with a few million others.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 PM

299 posts, read 547,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
He is the kind of kid that America needs to deport. Along with a few million others.
You are so right! http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/winky.gif (broken link)

Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
You are so right! http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/winky.gif (broken link)
When you stoop to attack a child, you have some serious problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration