Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:34 AM

20,416 posts, read 20,098,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I live in California, and I can't WAIT until illegals come here in larger numbers....or even BETTER, when they form a majority. Bring 'em on !....Let THEM take the heat for being the 'racists' and the 'bigots' and the 'meanies'. I'm through....it's THEIR turn.

I'll mow the lawns, if the illegals will take the responsibility for the mess we're in. Sounds like a fair trade to me !!!
Going by the flags they proudly flew at their massive demonstations, don't be surprised if they recreate the slice o' heaven they escaped from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 07:43 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,313,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Going by the flags they proudly flew at their massive demonstations, don't be surprised if they recreate the slice o' heaven they escaped from.
All joking aside:

I still keep having that feeling that once the tide turns against illegals in Calif (the odds of that are about 90%)------it will be sudden and severe.

The 'flash point' may be the declining real estate market-------why I say that I am not sure.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:43 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,504,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Soon those kids will be legalized when the dream act passes, making it a good investment for the state.
There is an old saying that goes 'if you give them an inch, they will take a mile'. Illegal aliens and their enablers have taken this concept to a whole new level. Many Americans are understandably leery of making concessions to illegal aliens. Time and time again they have shown that given an opportunity to benefit themselves and their raza at the expense of America, they will go above and beyond the call of duty. This is why the 14th Amendment has been prostituted to allow an endless stream of 'anchor babies' to claim US citizenship and, most importantly, all the benefits that go with it. This is why the EMTALA is used as cover for illegal aliens from south of the border who are receiving dialysis to sneak into the US, show up at an ER needing to be dialyzed and now we are stuck taking care of them at an average cost of $65,000 per year. There are very good reasons to be wary of granting this group any additional 'rights'.

The DREAM Act is basically amnesty by stealth. Since the gov. was not able to ram wholesale amnesty, under the guise of Comprehensive Immigration Reform, down our throats they have opted to try to slip it past us piecemeal, hoping that we won't notice. Here are some of the highlights:

Quote:
This amnesty (DREAM Act) opens a wide path to citizen ship for any alien who entered the country before the age of 16 and has been in the country for at least five years. The guiding notion seems to be "The longer you have violated federal law, the better."

Beyond that, all the alien needs is a high school diploma or a GED earned in the United States. If he can persuade an institution of higher education in the United States—any community college, technical school, or college—to admit him, that will suffice. Any illegal alien who meets these con ditions (or who can produce fraudulent papers indicating that he meets the conditions) gets immediate legal status in the form of a "condi tional" green card good for six years, according to Section 4(a)(1).
As usual the devil is in the details.

1. The illegal alien who applies for this amnesty is immediately rewarded with "conditional" lawful permanent resident (green card) status, which can be converted to a non-conditional green card. To do so, he need only complete two years at an 'institute of higher education'. If he has already completed the required two years, he can then convert to non-conditional status immediately. The alien can then begin to seek green cards for the parents who brought him in illegally in the first place.

2. There is no upper age limit. An illegal alien who is 52 years old can declare that he is eligible because he illegally entered the US at the age of 15. There is no requirement that he somehow prove he came to the US when he was 15, all he need do is say so (sworn statement). Basically, any illegal in the country can qualify.

3. According to the DREAM Act, once an alien files an application—any application, no matter how outrageous—the federal government is prohibited from deporting him.

4. No doubt there will be all sorts of 'schools' opening up specifically for the purpose of providing a place for illegals to serve their required two years. Whether they actually learn anything or not will be very low on the list of priorities. The goal is not to get an education. It is to get a green card and begin bringing in relatives.

IMO, no one would benefit from this except the illegal aliens. Which, unfortunately, is all too typical these days. You are free to call me any name you like. Frankly, I don't give a damn.

A Sleeper Amnesty: Time to Wake Up from the DREAM Act
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration