Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,761,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
His comments came the same day that he launched a Spanish version of his campaign Web site and announced he would be attending the La Raza annual convention. The gathering by the powerful advocacy group is scheduled for July 14 in San Diego.
McCain Says GOP Hurt By Immigration Fight - Politics News Story - KNTV | San Francisco

If La Raza is soo racist, why is the GOP presidential candidate going to their convention?

Note to all republicans on here: A vote for McCain is a vote for Amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,197,444 times
blacknight04: it is over-------just that the illegals and their enablers are not fully aware of it yet

As for McCain paying attention to La Raza and their ilk......it is probably just lip service------nothing more.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:52 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,659,762 times
McCain is a panderer, just like Hillary and just like Obama.

But not like Ron Paul!!!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 AM

540 posts, read 964,255 times
A vote for McCain is a vote for a common sense, middle of the road approach to dealing with the immigration issue. Until both sides of the issue recognize that compromises need to be made, the status quo will remaiin in place.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,594,820 times
All three of the candidates are ‘allegedly’ pro-amnesty; as is Jorge Bush. Of course, we all know how successful his amnesty initiatives have been (by design). Likewise, the new president will have as much success passing CIR as Bush. The corporate elite who run this country only want the ‘illusion’ of amnesty -- and their strategy is working like a charm. The pro-amnesty sheeple will continue to fall for this ploy until it becomes painfully evident they have been duped.

The corporate elite do not want amnesty; they want open borders to ensure a steady flow of their cheap illegal labor. Why is this concept so difficult for the pro-amnesty crowd to grasp? Businesses can ONLY continue to profit from (and exploit) “illegal” labor – and La Raza is simply one of the myriad profiteers. If the millions of illegal ‘Hispanics’ were to be granted amnesty; what on earth would La Raza use as fodder for taxpayer and philanthropic funds? Sure, they would have their occasional 'causes' to champion; but nothing remotely as profitable as illegal immigration. IMO, La Raza is as vile as the African tribal leaders who sold their own people for profit. The only difference is the absence of whips and chains.

We are all being duped by the corporate masters and their truckling politicians. At least most opponents of illegal immigration do not trust the political machine –- most realize the corruption and deception. Sadly, the pro-illegal crowd are still starry-eyed –- anxiously awaiting their illusive “path to citizenship.”

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,659,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
All three of the candidates are ‘allegedly’ pro-amnesty; as is Jorge Bush. Of course, we all know how successful his amnesty initiatives have been (by design). Likewise, the new president will have as much success passing CIR as Bush. The corporate elite who run this country only want the ‘illusion’ of amnesty -- and their strategy is working like a charm. The pro-amnesty sheeple will continue to fall for this ploy until it becomes painfully evident they have been duped.

The corporate elite do not want amnesty; they want open borders to ensure a steady flow of their cheap illegal labor. Why is this concept so difficult for the pro-amnesty crowd to grasp? Businesses can ONLY continue to profit from (and exploit) “illegal” labor – and La Raza is simply one of the myriad profiteers. If the millions of illegal ‘Hispanics’ were to be granted amnesty; what on earth would La Raza use as fodder for taxpayer and philanthropic funds? Sure, they would have their occasional 'causes' to champion; but nothing remotely as profitable as illegal immigration. IMO, La Raza is as vile as the African tribal leaders who sold their own people for profit. The only difference is the absence of whips and chains.

We are all being duped by the corporate masters and their truckling politicians. At least most opponents of illegal immigration do not trust the political machine –- most realize the corruption and deception. Sadly, the pro-illegal crowd are still starry-eyed –- anxiously awaiting their illusive “path to citizenship.”
I would rep you if I could --- very well said!

Unfortunatly, there are those that benefit from illegal immigrants, the businesses are the most obvious...but then there are the pro illegal groups that are reaping political clout and power on the backs of the illegals themselves.

As I said, I certainly wish I could rep you!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,761,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

The same can be said of Lou Dobbs, tancredo and other anti immigration activists. Afterall, why the hell would they want the borders sealed and illegal immigration stopped? They need a group to scapegoat, that is why the oppose any type of Meaningful reform.

Remember "amnesty" passed in the senate in 2006, but house GOP leadership refused to go to conference on it. After the elections, heads will be calmer and the GOP will realize that blocking CIR doesn't help them politically. They will compromise and something will be signed into law.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The same can be said of Lou Dobbs, tancredo and other anti immigration activists. Afterall, why the hell would they want the borders sealed and illegal immigration stopped? They need a group to scapegoat, that is why the oppose any type of Meaningful reform.

Remember "amnesty" passed in the senate in 2006, but house GOP leadership refused to go to conference on it. After the elections, heads will be calmer and the GOP will realize that blocking CIR doesn't help them politically. They will compromise and something will be signed into law.
Does it really matter? The fact is; it is NOT law. Plenty of 'bills' are proposed -- but if they don’t become 'law' they are nothing but defeated propositions. It is certainly your prerogative to continue your belief in the passage of CIR – just don’t hold your breath while waiting.

Thanks camping!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,487,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

What nonsense! People who are opposed to illegal immigration most assuredly do not secretly want it to continue so they will have a 'scapegoat'. There is opposition to illegal immigration because it shows a blatant disregard for US law (I don't need to go through the process for legal immigration, I can skip the health screening for infectious diseases, I can drive without a license and insurance, I can use a forged or stolen SS# even though it is a felony, I can live with 27 other people in a 1 bedroom apartment in violation of housing codes, etc., etc.). Unchecked illegal immigration also causes many additional problems , the brunt of which is borne by the average citizen. Here are a few:

1. overcrowding of schools with students requiring expensive remedial and ESL services
2. closure of hospitals and ERs due to treating large numbers of illegal aliens who do not pay
3. American citizens and legal residents exposed to dangerous diseases such as multi-drug resistant TB and Chagas
4. deterioration of neighborhoods when multiple families occupy a clown house resulting in 'American flight' (everyone who can moves) and subsequent loss of home equity value for those unfortunate enough to live there
5. costly bills for citizens involved in auto accidents with unlicensed, uninsured illegals who flee the scene
6. expenses incurred from having to provide interpreters anywhere and everywhere an illegal might need one
7. loss of construction jobs by US citizens (don't even tell me that these are the jobs americans won't do)
8. a marked uptick in the presence of latino gangs within the past decade
9. at the same time we are fighting to improve the HS graduation rates of Americans, we are allowing millions of people without HS diplomas into the country which makes no sense
10. identity theft which results in considerable hardship and expense for the victim

And that is just off the top of my head. Do you seriously think we want any of this to continue? Why would we?

So 'meaningful reform' which translates into amnesty is what you think we need. Any time a group of people enter into an agreement with another, they need to stop and ask themselves, "How does this benefit me?". Because if they don't, they are invariably going to end up bilked, cheated, swindled and conned. There has to be some benefit to me in this deal, otherwise I (the average US citizen) am not interested. Now why don't you tell me all the ways that 'meaningful reform' is going to benefit me. Not the ways it is going to benefit the illegal aliens. I already know it benefits them. How this benenfits me.
Put your cards on the table for everybody to see.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What nonsense! People who are opposed to illegal immigration most assuredly do not secretly want it to continue so they will have a 'scapegoat'. There is opposition to illegal immigration because it shows a blatant disregard for US law (I don't need to go through the process for legal immigration, I can skip the health screening for infectious diseases, I can drive without a license and insurance, I can use a forged or stolen SS# even though it is a felony, I can live with 27 other people in a 1 bedroom apartment in violation of housing codes, etc., etc.). Unchecked illegal immigration also causes many additional problems , the brunt of which is borne by the average citizen. Here are a few:

1. overcrowding of schools with students requiring expensive remedial and ESL services
2. closure of hospitals and ERs due to treating large numbers of illegal aliens who do not pay
3. American citizens and legal residents exposed to dangerous diseases such as multi-drug resistant TB and Chagas
4. deterioration of neighborhoods when multiple families occupy a clown house resulting in 'American flight' (everyone who can moves) and subsequent loss of home equity value for those unfortunate enough to live there
5. costly bills for citizens involved in auto accidents with unlicensed, uninsured illegals who flee the scene
6. expenses incurred from having to provide interpreters anywhere and everywhere an illegal might need one
7. loss of construction jobs by US citizens (don't even tell me that these are the jobs americans won't do)
8. a marked uptick in the presence of latino gangs within the past decade
9. at the same time we are fighting to improve the HS graduation rates of Americans, we are allowing millions of people without HS diplomas into the country which makes no sense
10. identity theft which results in considerable hardship and expense for the victim

And that is just off the top of my head. Do you seriously think we want any of this to continue? Why would we?

So 'meaningful reform' which translates into amnesty is what you think we need. Any time a group of people enter into an agreement with another, they need to stop and ask themselves, "How does this benefit me?". Because if they don't, they are invariably going to end up bilked, cheated, swindled and conned. There has to be some benefit to me in this deal, otherwise I (the average US citizen) am not interested. Now why don't you tell me all the ways that 'meaningful reform' is going to benefit me. Not the ways it is going to benefit the illegal aliens. I already know it benefits them. How this benenfits me.
Put your cards on the table for everybody to see.
Well stated! Sorry, I can't rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration