Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 12:53 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,999,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Personally, I'm in favor of working out something like amnesty, but I fully realize that I'm opposite the majority of Americans on this issue. The news media needs to realize the same thing. They've said their peace and the American people have overwhelmingly rejected it.

One thing is for certain: The immigration side of politics ain't gonna be boring for the next 4-8 years!
10 years ago before those illegal alien "rights" protests; most of us antis would've agreed about at least a partial amnesty. It's now too late since especially DACA has pissed off way too many people and, most of us wanting nothing less than deporting ANY known illegal alien, regardless of "race".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 01:04 PM

50,838 posts, read 47,721,677 times
Quote:
Personally, I'm in favor of working out something like amnesty, but I fully realize that I'm opposite the majority of Americans on this issue. The news media needs to realize the same thing. They've said their peace and the American people have overwhelmingly rejected it.

One thing is for certain: The immigration side of politics ain't gonna be boring for the next 4-8 years!
Every amnesty just refills the bird feeder to attract even more that are sure there will be another amnesty. Amnesty = no border.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:42 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,187,207 times
So internet comment sections are valid news sources now?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:36 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,999,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
When MANY different "comments" forums are pretty much saying the SAME thing; both liberal AND conservative, I DO take them seriously.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:54 PM

424 posts, read 471,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Apparently more so than the media itself. Reading the comment sections after each Hillary puff piece, you'd have come to belief that Trump had a chance, and he did.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:53 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,755,916 times
Quote:

Amnesty has been tried with the promise that further infiltration by illegal aliens into this country would be curbed. No rational person can ever believe that all illegal aliens entering this country can be stopped. Amnesty failed, curbing the illegals from entering the country failed. SO here we are again 30 years or so after Reagan promised amnesty we are so much worse off now then we were then we find ourselves in this position. To think that Cuomo, deBlasio, Rohm Manual and a host of other Mayors will ignore federal law and allow criminals to run wild on our streets is a threat to national security. sanctuary cities must be cut off from all federal funding. When these states and cities try to raise taxes and fees the tax paying citizen must rise up and vote them out or call for a re-call election.

I can see a scenario play out where Trump is forced to send in the national guard and have these law breaking politicians arrested. What deBlasio, Cuomo and Manual etc... are doing is treasonous.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:42 PM

1,850 posts, read 828,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Even many of people in the liberal state of New Jersey have gotten tired of illegal immigrants.
Unfortunately, this isn't true.

New Jersey is like California. You can most assuredly find people in California -- even millions of people -- who are against illegal immigration or unions. The problem is that even if there are millions of them, they're still in the minority. The government of the blue areas of New Jersey (there are actually some small pockets of red, believe it or not) aren't hiding their liberalism, like they have to do in, say, Texas. They just come right out and declare their love for illegals and all the liberals just cheer. An election in New Jersey would make your head spin because it's basically a fight for who is more to the left. It's pretty hilarious because I've lived in some red states where it's the opposite (which is awesome). Like, there will be some random lone Democrat challenger and they'll be like "uh ...I like guns, too! And, and, I am tough on crime" but you can tell he's depressed and not really into it and then he loses in a landslide and everyone feels badly for him. In New Jersey it's the opposite where one guy is like "I'm for immigrants (because you'd never call them illegals)!" and the other person is like "well, I am for immigrants AND refugees!! And I'll make sure they are fully financially supported!!" And then the first guy gets desperate, so he claims he's gay and then he wins.

That's New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration