Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:19 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,718,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
apples and oranges..... the slaves were drug here against their will, tempoprary workers are glad to be here or they wouldn't come.
I am not comparing Slavery with Illegals . . . just the excuses being used to justify their need!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 06:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Not so fast, Tinman

Read your History Books . . . I believe you will discover many plantation owners claiming there was no other possible and/or practical means of harvesting their cotton.
Bummer buddy I hear your point and see it as well. My point is that the left like to compare the 2. Not calling you left I promise. The left love to compare slavery and how employers treat illegals.
Big difference. Slaves could be and were often punished severly for trying to run away, or refusing to work.
Illegals need only walk away.
Slaves were purchased as property, sold, and never had a single option.
Illegals are here because they choose to be. They work cheap because they choose to do so. They always have the option to leave.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Bummer buddy I hear your point and see it as well. My point is that the left like to compare the 2. Not calling you left I promise.
That's good to hear, Tinman . . . calling me "left" would be similar to calling Hillary honest, sincere and beautiful!

My point was simply to address the shallow feeble excuses so many employers of illegals try to use.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
That's good to hear, Tinman . . . calling me "left" would be similar to calling Hillary honest, sincere and beautiful!

My point was simply to address the shallow feeble excuses so many employers of illegals try to use.
My friend that is exactly what I thought you meant. LOL
Hillary is honestly untrust worthy. She is sincerely deceptive and does a beautiful job of distorting any fact.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,452,936 times
I'm glad the law has finally caught up wiht reality and is doing things like this. This will send a clear message to everyone concerned.

Its a BAD practice to have laws on the books that you allow people to break day in and day out.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
calling me "left" would be similar to calling Hillary honest, sincere and beautiful!
We know none of these are true especially the third one.

But i'm happy that someone in america aint lost their mind and threw this family behind bars for supporting criminals.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:51 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Migrants lose jobs as law nears

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of undocumented workers have been fired as a result of Arizona businesses reviewing the work-eligibility forms of their employees as the state's new employer-sanctions law draws near.

The fired workers couldn't provide missing information uncovered during the reviews or confessed to being in the country illegally, say attorneys involved in the reviews.

The number of firings could grow significantly once the law goes into effect Jan. 1 as employers scramble to make sure they are in compliance. Under the law, repeat violators will lose their business licenses

Migrants lose jobs as law nears (broken link)

Old 11-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Migrants lose jobs as law nears

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of undocumented workers have been fired as a result of Arizona businesses reviewing the work-eligibility forms of their employees as the state's new employer-sanctions law draws near.

The fired workers couldn't provide missing information uncovered during the reviews or confessed to being in the country illegally, say attorneys involved in the reviews.

The number of firings could grow significantly once the law goes into effect Jan. 1 as employers scramble to make sure they are in compliance. Under the law, repeat violators will lose their business licenses

Migrants lose jobs as law nears (broken link)
Good one, Greatday

As I posted on another thread . . . typical Arizona Republic Headline.

For some strange reason, the term ILLEGAL is not in their vocabulary!
! ! ! !

Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 AM

547 posts, read 1,185,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Before the illegals it was the less educated people who held those jobs. Now a days America is becoming more and more educated, who in the right mind would pick crops when they have a BS in Computer Science?!
The children who want to start earning money. It could be the laws don't allow it anymore, but I remember picking crops when I was a child so I could have some pocket money. Oh no, I'm probably dating myself with this post because you can probably imagine how long ago that was. It's probably not even possible anymore, I don't know. I guess I was about 12 when I started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration