Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 AM

5,298 posts, read 7,693,094 times

Advertisements

PARADE Magazine | Parade.com

Quote:
When Barack Obama takes the oath of office this week, a diverse coalition of voters can lay claim to having built his victory: The president received overwhelming support among African-Americans, single women, and people under 30. But one of the most talked about aspects of the Obama win was his pull with Latino voters, who for the first time cast the decisive vote in a number of battleground states—just the latest example of the growing political, social, and cultural influence of America's largest minority group.
...snipped....
not one single word, apologetically, is said about the fact that illegal immigration is
illegal. It is all about, "I deserve to be here and enjoy all the benefits I can have because.......I deserve it". It's all over, folks, you better learn Spanish.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,710,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

not one single word, apologetically, is said about the fact that illegal immigration is
illegal. It is all about, "I deserve to be here and enjoy all the benefits I can have because.......I deserve it". It's all over, folks, you better learn Spanish.
Its a cover up, not describing what it really is.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM

63,552 posts, read 29,660,016 times
Quote:

What is even more appaling are the citizens who defend illegal immigrants and want them to be rewarded for breaking our laws most of whom are Hispanic-Americans. I'll learn Spanish over my dead body! We are an English speaking nation and we are not a Hispanic nation in identity. No way in hell should the face of our nation change via illegal immigration and anchor babies.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM

147 posts, read 314,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What is even more appaling are the citizens who defend illegal immigrants and want them to be rewarded for breaking our laws most of whom are Hispanic-Americans. I'll learn Spanish over my dead body! We are an English speaking nation and we are not a Hispanic nation in identity. No way in hell should the face of our nation change via illegal immigration and anchor babies.
As far as I remember, there is no official language in the U.S.

Anyway, making illegals legal is not a good option in my humble opinion. It's like saying "okay, you don't respect us and we're the ones who should be ashamed of that".

Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,095,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then the US should do more to help Mexico out solve its political stability problems. Americans love to complain about Mexicans coming here illegally, but if we helped Mexico out without shortchanging them like we always do, then they wouldn't need to come here. Besides, it's all of our politicians that want them here anyway, the entire business community wants them here. What are you going to do about that?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,999,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Then the US should do more to help Mexico out solve its political stability problems. Americans love to complain about Mexicans coming here illegally, but if we helped Mexico out without shortchanging them like we always do, then they wouldn't need to come here. Besides, it's all of our politicians that want them here anyway, the entire business community wants them here. What are you going to do about that?
Uh; probably the ONLY way we could help out Mexico is to finish what we halfassed in 1848; take it over and kick the "Hispanic" out of its culture. Or we could cut Mexico loose and let then sink or swim. IMHO Mexico WILL get its act together once it "mans up" about caring for its people IN Mexico now living in the US illegally.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,999,790 times
Quote:

IF the US went "Hispanic"; that'd be the WORST thing that could happen for "brown" or Black people. I say that the "whiter" you are in LatAm, the better. Us "anglo" white people would STILL be on top even if speaking Spanish over English IMHO.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,071,008 times
It was an excellent article.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyy View Post
As far as I remember, there is no official language in the U.S.

Anyway, making illegals legal is not a good option in my humble opinion. It's like saying "okay, you don't respect us and we're the ones who should be ashamed of that".
I didn't say we did. But the fact remains that English is our national de facto language even congress declared that a few years ago. If this illegal invasion continues from south of our border Spanish will either change that or be put on even keel with English. I don't want any changes to the culture of our country that aren't natural but happening through lawbreaking from foreigners.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
We already help Mexico out in many ways. How are we short changing them? When is Mexico going to start to help themselves? Most illegal immigrants don't need to come here it is just that they can make more money here and we offer all kinds of benefits. The business community needs to be held accountable for hiring illegal immigrants like mandating e-verify and severely punishing employers who don't follow the laws.

We have enough of our own problems to deal with. Why should we deal with Mexico's problems also? Are they babies that run their countries or adults? Mexico is run by a bunch of white elites who couldn't care less about their poorer citizens. They like that they come here and get off their backs and send billions in remittances back to their government elites. Do you think Mexico really wants to change that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration