Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,846,444 times

Advertisements

Actually it would be better if we stopped patronizing Mexico and start expecting it to act like a grown up country. No one ever has to suggest helping Canada more so that it's people begin to respect our laws.

And what other group of people thinks it doesn't have to abide by our laws? There are many countries much worse off than Mexico and yet their citizens are all trying to break the laws and stomp around demanding their rewards for breaking them.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,014,593 times
[quote=Oldglory;27877146. The business community needs to be held accountable for hiring illegal immigrants like mandating e-verify and severely punishing employers who don't follow the laws.
[/quote]

The Chamber of Commerce insures offenders get just a slap on the wrist. We had one with 800 illegals, and volla both the C of C and City Hall in their town still welcome interaction with them.

Now for the bulk of us who obey the law, if in the same industry, this represents a competitive disadvantage.

We need a corporate death penalty, but good luck interesting the GOP into the idea of that. I'm talking for the corp and the officers, banning them for life from similar positions of power in the officers case. Liquidating the corp immediately. I'd favor it for the 3rd significant offense regarding any illegal hiring/use of minors for jobs forbidding them, etc.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,748,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
PARADE Magazine | Parade.com

not one single word, apologetically, is said about the fact that illegal immigration is
illegal. It is all about, "I deserve to be here and enjoy all the benefits I can have because.......I deserve it". It's all over, folks, you better learn Spanish.
Maybe because Latino is not a synonym for illegal ? Maybe because illegal immigrants can't vote ? There are numerous articles on the topic, this one however isn't about legality of immigration, is it ?
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.