Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,350,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is complete and utter BS. I must have missed the Latinos being hosed like animals and attacked by police dogs. I must have missed Latinos being lynched by the KKK, their churches being bombed and children being murdered, Latino water fountains and restrooms, etc. Or, was that the purpose of the 1963 March on Washington?

Slaves? The last time I checked, slaves are in bondage and their labor is free. Mexican legal immigrants and illegal aliens are here by choice. I would hardly call them modern era slaves. Mexican legal immigrants are also protected by the same laws as other legal immigrants and citizens. Granted, Mexican illegal aliens are often exploited and paid lower wages. But, that's what happens when one chooses to live in a country illegally. If they don't like it, why don't they leave?

It's hilarious that Mexico dares to mention immigrant civil rights, given their atrocious civil rights violations of illegal aliens caught in their country. But, their hypocrisy is legendary.
Nailed it.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,854,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Get caught llegally entering Mexico & you get a nice warm bed in a Mexican prison. They wont even charge you extra for the lice.
How do you "illegally enter" Mexico? You don't even need a travel document (FMT) until traveling into the interior of the country. The hyperbole about a Mexican prison is unneeded here, except to follow the tone.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Do you agree?
Obviously they'd all rather be here in this country, even if they must break many laws than to live in their own countries. Obviously they have it very good here.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How do you "illegally enter" Mexico? You don't even need a travel document (FMT) until traveling into the interior of the country. The hyperbole about a Mexican prison is unneeded here, except to follow the tone.
You cannot seriously be trying to claim that Mexico has no immigration laws and just allows everyone to enter and work in that country as they please.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Don't play games. Mexico is notorious for their human rights violations against illegal aliens (migrants).

Quote:
Mexico’s President Enrique Peña Nieto must implement immediate and concrete measures to tackle some of the country’s most pressing human rights issues, including abuses in the context of the public security crisis, said Amnesty International in an open letter.

According to Amnesty International’s research, human rights violations such as enforced disappearances, torture, arbitrary detentions and lack of access to justice became routine during the previous administration.

Peña Nieto must specify new and effective measures to tackle the wave of killings, disappearances, rape and other human rights abuses by criminal gangs, often operating in collusion with public officials, against migrants in Mexico.
Quote:
Torture and ill-treatment has become a systematic practice during the Calderon administration. Information obtained under torture is still accepted in court and few complaints result in full investigations. The proposal to reform the legal framework to fight torture at the federal and state level is positive but only by implementing a range of concrete policies and actions will torture begin to be eradicated.

The level of abductions and disappearances in Mexico is shocking, as is the lack of investigations into most cases. A proposal to reform the legal framework to fight enforced disappearances is a positive step. The proposal must meet international human rights standards and the government needs to ensure radically improved measures to fully investigate all reported abductions, including establishing a national database to help identify and locate victims.
Mexico: New President must break with legacy of human rights violations | Amnesty International

Quote:
Authorities found the bodies of 72 slain immigrants from Central and South America on an abandoned ranch near the Mexico-U.S. border in August 2010. That year, more than 11,000 immigrants were kidnapped nationwide, according to an investigation by Mexico's National Commission for Human Rights.

Last August, a 19-year-old Guatemalan immigrant's body was found beside the train tracks near the shelter, which he had left just a few days before. Bruises covered his face, indicating he had been stoned to death, witnesses said. Rumors and allegations flew about who was behind the attack.

Days later, dozens of angry neighbors blocked the door of the shelter in a six-hour standoff. Some threatened to burn down the building. Others chanted: "Immigrants, get out."
In Mexico, Central American immigrants under fire - CNN.com

Want more?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,854,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You cannot seriously be trying to claim that Mexico has no immigration laws and just allows everyone to enter and work in that country as they please.
Who said anything about working there?...

Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 PM

10 posts, read 19,651 times
Quote:
This is complete and utter BS. I must have missed the Latinos being hosed like animals and attacked by police dogs. I must have missed Latinos being lynched by the KKK, their churches being bombed and children being murdered, Latino water fountains and restrooms, etc. Or, was that the purpose of the 1963 March on Washington?

Slaves? The last time I checked, slaves are in bondage and their labor is free. Mexican legal immigrants and illegal aliens are here by choice. I would hardly call them modern era slaves. Mexican legal immigrants are also protected by the same laws as other legal immigrants and citizens. Granted, Mexican illegal aliens are often exploited and paid lower wages. But, that's what happens when one chooses to live in a country illegally. If they don't like it, why don't they leave?

It's hilarious that Mexico dares to mention immigrant civil rights, given their atrocious civil rights violations of illegal aliens caught in their country. But, their hypocrisy is legendary.
@Benicar...I agree wholeheartedly with you. You stated that beautifully. Honest and straightforth. Speaking from the heart.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly4 View Post
@Benicar...I agree wholeheartedly with you. You stated that beautifully. Honest and straightforth. Speaking from the heart.
Thank you.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,933,975 times
Quote:

You left off 1 thing: a "brown" Mexican in the US legally is usually treated better than a brown Mexican IN Mexico.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You left off 1 thing: a "brown" Mexican in the US legally is usually treated better than a brown Mexican IN Mexico.
You're absolutely right. In fact, they are treated far better in this country. Yet, they continue to declare their love for Mexico, continue to proudly wave the Mexican flag while they DEMAND legalization and a path to citizenship in the US, and continue to feel disdain for our country. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, while kissing the butt that dumped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration