Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:12 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
When the reform has been fully implemented, illegal immigrants will make up the nation's second-largest population of uninsured, or about 25 percent. The only larger group will be people who qualify for insurance but fail to enroll, according to a 2012 study by the Washington-based Urban Institute.

And since about two-thirds of illegal immigrants live in just eight states, those areas will have a disproportionate share of the uninsured to care for. In communities "where the number of undocumented immigrants is greatest, the strain has reached the breaking point," Rich Umbdenstock, president of the American Hospital Association, wrote last year in a letter to Obama, asking him to keep in mind the uncompensated care hospitals gave to that group. "In response, many hospitals have had to curtail services, delay implementing services, or close beds."
Health reform threatens clinic care for illegals - Vitals

With unemployment reaching depression era levels whether the government waterboys or the corporate masters like it or not, it is time for both parties to realize that financially, the time has come to blow out the lamp and put the closed sign out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
It appears it's time for illegals to open their wallets for their own healthcare. Maybe we can start using our ERs for their intended purposes again.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It appears it's time for illegals to open their wallets for their own healthcare. Maybe we can start using our ERs for their intended purposes again.
No kidding. Unfortunately, pandering to and financing the existence of illegal aliens has become the norm in this country.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Remember, they will all become legalized with Obama's planned amnesty. Then, they'll qualify for Obamacare. And, no doubt, they'll be considered an exempt class if they can't afford to pay for coverage. As usual, U.S. taxpayers will foot the bill.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Remember, they will all become legalized with Obama's planned amnesty. Then, they'll qualify for Obamacare. And, no doubt, they'll be considered an exempt class if they can't afford to pay for coverage. As usual, U.S. taxpayers will foot the bill.
Sadly, you are speaking the truth. One thing is for sure, we cannot sustain the systemic financial abuse and destruction for much longer.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
I agree with these posts. I live in Illinois which has a high illegal population and they hog many of the social service programs. They are 75% of those on Medicaid in this country. Meanwhile Americans can't qualify or have to pay even if unable to. Time to deport.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I agree with these posts. I live in Illinois which has a high illegal population and they hog many of the social service programs. They are 75% of those on Medicaid in this country. Meanwhile Americans can't qualify or have to pay even if unable to. Time to deport.

I work in healthcare...I actually do medical billing. I work in MA which has a huge illegal alien population. I have come across several would be patients that are covered by MassHealth (Medicaid) under different member ID #s.....Same name, address and date of birth YET different SSNs. At one point I had the same guy in the system FIVE times with different SSNs. Then you call the state to let them know and they do NOTHING.

I have also come across names that do not match the DOB and SSN that has been provided.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Sadly, Illinois has become a sanctuary state. There will be no deportation and your taxes will continue to skyrocket in order to fulfill their many needs. If I were you I'd move to a state that frowns upon illegal aliens.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
I meant 75% in this state but yep my taxes keep going up. The sick thing is our extreme leftist governor cut programs for the disabled, the elderly and the mentally ill, but cut services for illegals? nope he wouldn't even consider.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I work in healthcare...I actually do medical billing. I work in MA which has a huge illegal alien population. I have come across several would be patients that are covered by MassHealth (Medicaid) under different member ID #s.....Same name, address and date of birth YET different SSNs. At one point I had the same guy in the system FIVE times with different SSNs. Then you call the state to let them know and they do NOTHING.

I have also come across names that do not match the DOB and SSN that has been provided.
That's the problem. The local, state, and federal governments are all aware of illegals fleecing the system, but they refuse to address this issue, despite costing taxpayers billions annually. But, they certainly have no problem sending a citizen to collections if they fail to pay a bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration