Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 AM

63,560 posts, read 29,704,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
They're not pulled over and stopped unless they're doing something that anyone else would be stopped for, like riding in vehicle traffic, not using a crosswalk to cross the street, riding on a sidewalk, appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, riding recklessly, etc. The best way to avoid being stopped is to obey all laws.
Exactly! A policeman would have to have witnessed an actual infraction of our laws in order to pull someone over. It has nothing to do with one's skin color race or ethnicity. Racial profiling is just the spin and propaganda that the defenders of illegal immigrants use to protect them from detection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,693,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
They're not pulled over and stopped unless they're doing something that anyone else would be stopped for, like riding in vehicle traffic, not using a crosswalk to cross the street, riding on a sidewalk, appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, riding recklessly, etc. The best way to avoid being stopped is to obey all laws.
That is sadly not the case. A co worker of mine was riding his bike to work at 5am. He was stopped and questioned for id and asked why would he be riding a bike at this time of day. He said he was going to work. They checked to make sure he wasn't illegal. He wasn't violating anything, he received no ticket.
When he was late he had to explain why. He was quite upset. He's Mexican/American, was in the army prior and couldn't believe they actually questioned him.
They passed the ask for papers portion in Sept. here. They are suppose to only ask if a crime was committed but seems they are asking on suspicion checks as well. Still, a Mexican/American doesn't want to be shaken down for immigration if they speed or run a red light. White's won't be. It's still a hassle for them. They aren't illegal, why should extra crap happen to you if you are Mex/Amer? It doesn't happen to Irish Americans, or Asian Americans. Just Mexican.
How would you like to be shadowed for anything a police officer can think of you doing wrong so he can check if your illegal? I doubt you'd like it.

We have a lot of white people riding their bikes to work, this hasn't ever happened to one of them. They are just seen as wanting to get fit so they ride their bikes. He was seen sneaking under the radar on his bike. I know he won't vote for Joe.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 AM

20,523 posts, read 16,015,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Sort of, lol, the legal Mexicans are getting sick of being pulled over, stopped while riding their bikes to work and asked for legal citizenship. They were born here and are American. It get's irritating. That's the skin issue I think your forgetting about. You must not have skin in the game.

Joe's a lying cheating bastard besides that. He obviously thought he could get away with anything due to his popularity.
Please say THAT to the Chicanos and people who look "Mexican" who are def Ok with being stopped by LE when there's probable cause like no taillight, dead car tags and so on. They hate illegal aliens and want them kicked OUT of the US. Sheesh!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
That is sadly not the case. A co worker of mine was riding his bike to work at 5am. He was stopped and questioned for id and asked why would he be riding a bike at this time of day. He said he was going to work. They checked to make sure he wasn't illegal. He wasn't violating anything, he received no ticket.
When he was late he had to explain why. He was quite upset. He's Mexican/American, was in the army prior and couldn't believe they actually questioned him.
They passed the ask for papers portion in Sept. here. They are suppose to only ask if a crime was committed but seems they are asking on suspicion checks as well. Still, a Mexican/American doesn't want to be shaken down for immigration if they speed or run a red light. White's won't be. It's still a hassle for them. They aren't illegal, why should extra crap happen to you if you are Mex/Amer? It doesn't happen to Irish Americans, or Asian Americans. Just Mexican.
How would you like to be shadowed for anything a police officer can think of you doing wrong so he can check if your illegal? I doubt you'd like it.

We have a lot of white people riding their bikes to work, this hasn't ever happened to one of them. They are just seen as wanting to get fit so they ride their bikes. He was seen sneaking under the radar on his bike. I know he won't vote for Joe.
I don't hear American Indians up in arms about LE stopping them. Since MOST Mexicans ARE Indian; how do the cops know the difference when they light up someone?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,878,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please say THAT to the Chicanos and people who look "Mexican" who are def Ok with being stopped by LE when there's probable cause like no taillight, dead car tags and so on. They hate illegal aliens and want them kicked OUT of the US. Sheesh!
Quote:
I don't know. I live in Phoenix and in 2012, there ain't that many illegal aliens like in 2006. I'm guessing many Chicanos have "skin in this game" like friends or family who are illegal.
So which is it, "Chicanos" (in its truest form, this term means someone born in the United States from Mexican parents) have illegal aliens in their families, or "hate" them? You didn't explain why you feel that there are less illegal aliens in Phoenix in 2012, compared to 2006. How do you tell if someone is an illegal alien by appearance (when you have clearly said there are Chicanos and "people who look Mexican" that are apparently legally present in your comment above)?

Old 11-03-2012, 10:09 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,645,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure what a so-called "hardline" stance on illegal immigrants is. Why are citizen Latinos angry?
Tan yourself, dye your hair black, drive through Maricopa county and get back to me with your answer.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,645,666 times
Quote:
I don't hear American Indians up in arms about LE stopping them. Since MOST Mexicans ARE Indian; how do the cops know the difference when they light up someone?
Do you know anything about American Indians? Clearly you do not.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Do you know anything about American Indians? Clearly you do not.
I live near several Rez's and see AI's probably every day and I ain't talking about Spanish speaking ones.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Tan yourself, dye your hair black, drive through Maricopa county and get back to me with your answer.
I know an anglo white dude who gets "profiled" a lot and he def supports Sheriff Joe. This dude also gets profiled at airports and he don't care, he's got nothing to hide. This dude has brown skin. LOL

Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,878,475 times
Quote:
I know an anglo white dude who gets "profiled" a lot and he def supports Sheriff Joe. This dude also gets profiled at airports and he don't care, he's got nothing to hide. This dude has brown skin. LOL
You seem to relish that he is being "profiled" (when others here say that isn't, and can't, happen) based on his skin color. Is it only those with a darker skin that are viewed as a threat at airports? Wouldn't that show how profiling would actually make us less safe?

You still haven't told us how you are defining someone as an illegal alien based on appearance to know there are less of them in Phoenix in 2012 than in 2006:

Quote:
....I live in Phoenix and in 2012, there ain't that many illegal aliens like in 2006...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration