Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,754,020 times

Advertisements

Governor Ernie Fletcher says Kentucky will not be a safe haven for illegal immigrants who commit felonies.

The governor wants Kentucky to take part in the federal government's efforts to deport illegal immigrants convicted of crimes.

Fletcher has asked U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to allow Kentucky to be a partner in the effort.

Kentucky has more than 460 foreign-born convicted felons--many of them illegal aliens.

They are either held in Kentucky prisons or free under supervised release.

WBKO - News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 06:36 PM

447 posts, read 800,372 times
what is sad to me, is that more sates do not do the same thing, good for kentucky.
when are the rest going to wake up?

Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM

109 posts, read 211,082 times
I e mailed him and thanked him for supporting our state.
I told him I only support politicians that support us.
Please contact him and thank him, the more back up he sees, the more he will do.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,590,887 times
Yeah that's great news but when the States try this, what happens the ACLU runs in screaming

Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,922,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Governor Ernie Fletcher says Kentucky will not be a safe haven for illegal immigrants who commit felonies.

The governor wants Kentucky to take part in the federal government's efforts to deport illegal immigrants convicted of crimes.

Fletcher has asked U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to allow Kentucky to be a partner in the effort.

Kentucky has more than 460 foreign-born convicted felons--many of them illegal aliens.

They are either held in Kentucky prisons or free under supervised release.

WBKO - News
Attention Virginia, get with the program!!!!!!!!!!! Illegal aliens are nothing but thugs lock them up then throw them out of the US!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,692,657 times
While I applaud this effort by the governor it doesn't go far enough. We need to deport all illegal aliens, not just those convicted of felonies.

And why would a convicted illegal alien felon be out on supervised release? Is there something I'm missing here?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,590,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
While I applaud this effort by the governor it doesn't go far enough. We need to deport all illegal aliens, not just those convicted of felonies.

And why would a convicted illegal alien felon be out on supervised release? Is there something I'm missing here?
I know I can never figure this out. If an illegal is arrested, why are they released on bail - I don't get it. Like isn't that another crime in itself? I mean if an American is arrested, released on bail and then commits another crime, he/she is most likely held "without bail". Or if an American is arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to probation and then goes and commits another crime, he/she is charged with the new crime and charged with violation of probation and ordered to serve out his/her remaining probation sentence, behind bars.

I'm confused and I am beginning to think that Americans are getting a raw deal, we're being PIMPED by the politicians and big business

Old 10-02-2007, 06:27 AM

109 posts, read 211,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I know I can never figure this out. If an illegal is arrested, why are they released on bail - I don't get it. Like isn't that another crime in itself? I mean if an American is arrested, released on bail and then commits another crime, he/she is most likely held "without bail". Or if an American is arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to probation and then goes and commits another crime, he/she is charged with the new crime and charged with violation of probation and ordered to serve out his/her remaining probation sentence, behind bars.

I'm confused and I am beginning to think that Americans are getting a raw deal, we're being PIMPED by the politicians and big business
I agree with you both.
I feel if we let them know they have our support, they will go farther in the future.
If they do nothing, we must continue to give em the devil.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,711,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Yeah that's great news but when the States try this, what happens the ACLU runs in screaming
Yep the lovely ACLU, which is suppose to be for Americans rights, now supports illegals, when is someone going to take on the ACLU? Sue them for not defending Americans.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:59 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,514,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Attention Virginia, get with the program!!!!!!!!!!! Illegal aliens are nothing but thugs lock them up then throw them out of the US!
Tell Govenor King Kaine. I never recieved a response to my email to him. Now he's laying off state employees. Gee, me thinks the state is paying too much in entitlements to illegals if we have to lay off our own citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration