Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:23 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,069 times

Advertisements

What do you think people? should we Mexican citizens become more involved in this debate and contribute with ideas?

Please don't get confused, I'm not talking about immigrants here but of mexican citizens, those of us who live in Mexico, pay taxes, respect laws, care about our home and want something done to keep improving it.

I think that thanks to us things are much better than 30 years ago, and they will keep getting better, I guess most of us worry about this immigration issue and I don't think it is be wise to give a blind eye to it and pretend nothing is happening, but what to do?

please share your thoughts, let's try to have a constructive, civilized debate with more head than gut.

Respect!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 10-14-2007 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: correction of minor typographical errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 06:58 AM

348 posts, read 1,021,271 times
Personally I think alot of Amercian Citizens are tired of hearing what mexico has to say on the subject. mexico seems to be pro-illegal immigration. I know I for one am sick of hearing Fox and his demands on my country for his citizens.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:17 AM

457 posts, read 431,213 times
A Pro-ILLEGAL supporter definitively stated their position NBC 5 News in Dallas last night during the coverage of the rallies in Irving yesterday: "This was mexico before, and it is mexico now."

That seems to be not only the opinion of the Pro-Illegals, but of mexico's government. And no offense to you Fella, as I am certain that every Mexican citizen does not share the opinions of it's govt just as every American does not share the views of our govt.

What I would like to know is this: How does the average Mexican citizen such as yourself feel about the treatment of the Illegals forced to come to the U.S. in desperation feel about the Mexican govt's inaction? Thank you for sticking around these forums. I personally value your opinions. :-)

Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
A Pro-ILLEGAL supporter definitively stated their position NBC 5 News in Dallas last night during the coverage of the rallies in Irving yesterday: "This was mexico before, and it is mexico now."

That seems to be not only the opinion of the Pro-Illegals, but of mexico's government. And no offense to you Fella, as I am certain that every Mexican citizen does not share the opinions of it's govt just as every American does not share the views of our govt.

What I would like to know is this: How does the average Mexican citizen such as yourself feel about the treatment of the Illegals forced to come to the U.S. in desperation feel about the Mexican govt's inaction? Thank you for sticking around these forums. I personally value your opinions. :-)
Interesting how us Americans of American Indian heritage would feel about that------they too were conquered by Hispanics from Spain.

In other words; Mexico is on very shaky moral/legal ground at best.

Quote:
In the 1860s the country again underwent a military occupation, this time by France, which established the Habsburg Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian of Austria on the Mexican throne as Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico with support from the Catholic clergy and the conservative Mexicans. This Second Mexican Empire was victorious for only a few years, when the previous president of the Republic, the Zapotec Indian Benito Juárez, managed to restore the republic in 1867.
In fact; going by the above quote from Wikipedia-Mexico, it appears that Mexico was truly independent only from 1867 on------after the Mexican-American War.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Interesting how us Americans of American Indian heritage would feel about that------they too were conquered by Hispanics from Spain.
I recently watched "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee". Kind of a bad movie, but, it certainly reminded me of just how badly we treated the Native Americans. If ANYBODY in this country has the right to be angry, it is the Native Americans. I mean, the U.S. govt laced their blankets with smallpox, for gods sake!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 AM

1,511 posts, read 977,965 times
the native americans were definitely mistreated, but so are modern day mexicans. its funny how we never questioned their immigration or cheap labor practices when we needed them, but now that the dollar is devalued and cost of living has gone up (thanks federal reserve act!), we treat them like criminals. how convenient!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:05 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,988 times
[quote=PApisces;1728206]A Pro-ILLEGAL supporter definitively stated their position NBC 5 News in Dallas last night during the coverage of the rallies in Irving yesterday: "This was mexico before, and it is mexico now."

We're gonna have a "Sudetenland" situation here very soon!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the native americans were definitely mistreated, but so are modern day mexicans. its funny how we never questioned their immigration or cheap labor practices when we needed them, but now that the dollar is devalued and cost of living has gone up (thanks federal reserve act!), we treat them like criminals. how convenient!
The dollar is being devalued on purpose so the glabalists can force us to have a single currency for North America!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
"WE" never "needed' them. Big business chose to use them and the govt turned a blind eye to the issue, in favor of Big Business's desire to pay bottom dollar for labor and charge top dollar for the fruits of the ILLEGALS labor.. In fact, big business and the govt STILL are. We, the People, are not any longer.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
[quote=CamaroGuy;1728802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post

We're gonna have a "Sudetenland" situation here very soon!
I am not so sure about that: the USA is the 800 lb gorilla here unlike Czechoslovakia (home of the Sudetenland Germans) in 1938.

And too; many Latinos here are true blue Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration