Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,479,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3.6h057 View Post
prejudice is a societal problem. its why we have anti-segregation laws.
and your point is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,864,398 times
Quote:
Passing fair policies that make it easier for businesses to locate in Arkansas should be our priority, not passing feel-good legislation that is unconstitutional
What exactly is unconstitutional about enforcing our immigration laws? How is it fair to anybody if some are allowed to break the law (illegal immigrants) but others are not (everybody else?)

Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 PM

92 posts, read 51,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
and your point is?
prejudice is wrong, and when it manifests itself in the form of "illegal" immigrant opposition, it's still wrong.

try answering me now.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
What exactly is unconstitutional about enforcing our immigration laws? How is it fair to anybody if some are allowed to break the law (illegal immigrants) but others are not (everybody else?)
laws change with acquisition of knowledge. its why we repealed prohibition and instituted anti-segregation laws.

are you implying that all laws are just?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
laws change with acquisition of knowledge. its why we repealed prohibition and instituted anti-segregation laws.

are you implying that all laws are just?
I'm implying that all laws should be enforced equally, no special treatment for illegal aliens.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,479,323 times
Quote:
prejudice is wrong, and when it manifests itself in the form of "illegal" immigrant opposition, it's still wrong.

try answering me now.

You have an unusual way of looking at laws. You think it is unlawful for America to enforce our immigration laws but you think it is OK for people from other countries to break our laws on immigration.

This is why I believe we should join in getting rid of illegal immigrants that have no concept of abiding by laws and our prisons are filled with enough illegal immigrant criminals to prove it.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 PM

273 posts, read 251,447 times
I'm curious why he (or she) is equally passionate for those here illegally and ignoring our immigration laws? Please tell me. I'm bored by prejudice and am trying figure this whole thing out. What is your story?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I'm implying that all laws should be enforced equally, no special treatment for illegal aliens.
when it's an unfair immigration law, the "illegals" are getting special treatment. just not good special.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
You have an unusual way of looking at laws.
whats that? compassionately, humanitarianly, rationally and logically? in this country, that does seem to be unusual.
Quote:
You think it is unlawful for America to enforce our immigration laws but you think it is OK for people from other countries to break our laws on immigration.
i dont think its "unlawful"... i think its morally reprehensible. a country founded on a melting pot of cultures and freedoms has legislation designed to keep people out? and all the while we enact more legislation to further rape the resources of the working class in these countries we're denying emigration from? that is selfish, disgusting behavior, regardless of what the law says.
Quote:
This is why I believe we should join in getting rid of illegal immigrants that have no concept of abiding by laws and our prisons are filled with enough illegal immigrant criminals to prove it.
our prisons are filled with citizens, too. and many of those people are there for no justifiable reason other than we enacted legislation to classify them as criminals. marijuana was made illegal through the el paso ordinance around the beginning of the 20th century because the mexican day laborers smoked it, and the white upper-class was ignorant to it, and subsequently feared it. so rather than understand it, they criminalized it. people were put in jail for this new "crime", which had not been criminal for years and years prior, and had not hurt anyone. it is NOT notable that these people are all criminals, it IS notable to understand the nature of their "crime", and to use common sense to distinguish just laws from unjust laws. that is why we originally had juries of our peers.. to interpret law.

again, youre bringing up immigration status as a factor when it doesnt belong. citizens AND immigrants are in jail. DO NOT single out one side, or it is a biased, ignorant statement.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
when it's an unfair immigration law, the "illegals" are getting special treatment. just not good special.
So to be "fair" we should just allow everyone in, irregardless of health or skill status or any other qualifyer? BRILLIANT plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration