Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,863,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Profiling?
Do you think it is anyone other than Hispanics being directed into the Border Patrol "secondary" inspection?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 07:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,359,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Do you think it is anyone other than Hispanics being directed into the Border Patrol "secondary" inspection?...
I don't know but I can certainly can see why Hispanics/Mexicans would be since it is mostly illegal Mexicans coming through our southern border. What's it to you anyway? You're not Hispanic or is that another part of your genetics coming forward now?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I don't know but I can certainly can see why Hispanics/Mexicans would be since it is mostly illegal Mexicans coming through our southern border. What's it to you anyway? You're not Hispanic or is that another part of your genetics coming forward now?
So you can identify that profiling is happening now?...

By saying that I shouldn't care because it is happening to another group of people is an amusing aspect...

Old 11-06-2011, 09:51 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,266,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"unreasonable search and seizure"..not ALL. There is a fine line.
Yes.
Since we have a mass invasion of illegal tresspassers destroying our economy and legal system, it is not "unreasonable" to ask for identification. If the person refuses to identify themselves, it is not "unreasonable" to search them for identification. If illegal items are found in their possession (drugs for example), it is not unreasonable to seize the items, and take the person in for arrest and questioning. When criminals realize they can operate their criminal enterprises openly and with impunity just by saying "No hablo Englais!" when confronted by police, what good are laws or police? I believe a new version of the old vagrancy laws should be brought back for those that refuse to be identified as legal residents. The old standard of "no visible means of support" was impractical-it isn't against the law to not need a job and to be able to wander freely. Howard Hughes was arrested for vagrancy. But refusing to be identified or identifiable should make a person subject to questioning. That is not "unreasonable".

On the other hand, if a person is stopped on the road by the TSA, and that person produces a valid ID, that person should not be required to submit to a physical search, or allow a search of their vehicle or property without a court ordered search warrant. That is "unreasonable search and seizure".

Old 11-07-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
So you can identify that profiling is happening now?...

By saying that I shouldn't care because it is happening to another group of people is an amusing aspect...
So what do you call it when the cops are looking for a white male who committed a crime and they question white males? Should that be disallowed? Should those white males be offended by the cops just for asking them questions?

You only care when Mexicans are questioned. Why is that? Particularly at our southern border doesn't that just make sense?

Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes.
Since we have a mass invasion of illegal tresspassers destroying our economy and legal system, it is not "unreasonable" to ask for identification. If the person refuses to identify themselves, it is not "unreasonable" to search them for identification. If illegal items are found in their possession (drugs for example), it is not unreasonable to seize the items, and take the person in for arrest and questioning. When criminals realize they can operate their criminal enterprises openly and with impunity just by saying "No hablo Englais!" when confronted by police, what good are laws or police? I believe a new version of the old vagrancy laws should be brought back for those that refuse to be identified as legal residents. The old standard of "no visible means of support" was impractical-it isn't against the law to not need a job and to be able to wander freely. Howard Hughes was arrested for vagrancy. But refusing to be identified or identifiable should make a person subject to questioning. That is not "unreasonable".

On the other hand, if a person is stopped on the road by the TSA, and that person produces a valid ID, that person should not be required to submit to a physical search, or allow a search of their vehicle or property without a court ordered search warrant. That is "unreasonable search and seizure".
Don't ya know that the pro-illegals equate being asked for I.D. to unlawful "search and seizure"?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
So what do you call it when the cops are looking for a white male who committed a crime and they question white males? Should that be disallowed? Should those white males be offended by the cops just for asking them questions?

You only care when Mexicans are questioned. Why is that? Particularly at our southern border doesn't that just make sense?
When we are referring to an expanded nationwide program of rank-and-file law enforcement on immigration laws, profiling doesn't work (your assumption above does not allow for ANY non-Hispanic illegal aliens). Why is there such an objection to checking without profiling? I'm also after the "deep cover" illegal aliens that have a low level of fear of detection.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
When we are referring to an expanded nationwide program of rank-and-file law enforcement on immigration laws, profiling doesn't work (your assumption above does not allow for ANY non-Hispanic illegal aliens). Why is there such an objection to checking without profiling? I'm also after the "deep cover" illegal aliens that have a low level of fear of detection.
When you have an overwhelming number of illegals from one ethnic group it just makes sense if you want to find them you would look within that group first, particularly at our southern border. This isn't rocket science, you know. If you are talking about enforcement within the interior of our country, Mexicans aren't just stopped for no other reason than their looks. You are drinking the pro-illegal kool-aid on that one. During traffic stops for example, anyone who can't provide a valid DL could be suspected of being in our country illegally. The fact remains though that when it is someone of the Latino persuasion that likelyhood increases because of their large numbers here illegally. Again, this isn't rocket science.

The fact remains that a Latino here as a legal immigrant or citizen would have nothing to fear as they would or should have a valid I.D. I don't see the problem here.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,908,690 times
Quote:
Obviously the techniques are NOT working. Millions of illegals here and millions arriving.

That's probably why someone like me who looks as American as can be gets stopped and asked questions while thousands of people sneak illegally over the border.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obviously the techniques are NOT working. Millions of illegals here and millions arriving.

That's probably why someone like me who looks as American as can be gets stopped and asked questions while thousands of people sneak illegally over the border.
Is it bothersome for you to be stopped?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration