Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:25 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
This isn't political opinion. Gutierrez is a member of the US Congress, and was elected to represent the people of the US. He is in fact representing citizens of a foreign country. If he want's to advocate for foreign nationals, he should resign his seat in Congress. If he wants to change immigration laws, let him go about it the right way, and introduce a bill in Congress. In the meantime, he needs to abide by the oath he swore to uphold the laws as they are written.
lol

"it's not "political opinion" if I don't agree with it!"

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/059/143/original/Ohwow.jpg?1279065147 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Protest is an american tradition. Boston Tea party?
I dont like the guy and feel its all a show but I wont say he is doing anything but what many before him has done. Hes the latino version of Al Sharpton as far as I am concerned.
What politician isnt grand standing at some point or another.
Whats sad is how many buy into it.....
Al Sharpton didn't advocate for foreigners here breaking our laws. There is a huge difference. There are immigration laws for a reason.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Al Sharpton didn't advocate for foreigners here breaking our laws. There is a huge difference. There are immigration laws for a reason.
Exactly! Sharpton isn't a politican sworn to represent the American people and its laws either.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,670,949 times
Quote:
Protest is an american tradition. Boston Tea party?
I dont like the guy and feel its all a show but I wont say he is doing anything but what many before him has done. Hes the latino version of Al Sharpton as far as I am concerned.
What politician isnt grand standing at some point or another.
Whats sad is how many buy into it.....
Yes it is but they are all not the same.

The tea party was to stop the British invasion of high taxes & intrusion.

No link with your comment.
His protest is welcoming an invasion.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Anyone advocating changing the laws is a traitor? I guess that makes every legislator that has ever sponsored or even voted for a new law a traitor since they were advocating something that was not THE LAW!!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Yes it is but they are all not the same.

The tea party was to stop the British invasion of high taxes & intrusion.

No link with your comment.
His protest is welcoming an invasion.
You missed the point. We can protest anything and everything in this country. Freedom od speech and all that. Doent matter how dumb the protest is it is an american tradition that goes as far back as the Boston Tea party.
I detest war protesters showing up at funerals of fallen soldiers. I hate those no class scumbags that do it.
I'll never agree with their position. But protesting is a tradition.
I detest Gutierrez. I strongly disagree with what he stands for. But protesting is just about a norm in this country.
Why they do it or what the cause is is not relevent to the fact.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
You missed the point. We can protest anything and everything in this country. Freedom od speech and all that. Doent matter how dumb the protest is it is an american tradition that goes as far back as the Boston Tea party.
I detest war protesters showing up at funerals of fallen soldiers. I hate those no class scumbags that do it.
I'll never agree with their position. But protesting is a tradition.
I detest Gutierrez. I strongly disagree with what he stands for. But protesting is just about a norm in this country.
Why they do it or what the cause is is not relevent to the fact.
Hmm, I am no expert on our laws but it would seem to me that an elected official vying for illegal foreigners on our soil goes beyond the right to protest and instead sort of like a conflict of interest or maybe even treason.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hmm, I am no expert on our laws but it would seem to me that an elected official vying for illegal foreigners on our soil goes beyond the right to protest and instead sort of like a conflict of interest or maybe even treason.
It might seem like it to you but it's not.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,670,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
It might seem like it to you but it's not.
It does.
How many illegals are there?
That number is so high & with a politician leading the charge to grant them amnesty they clearly have no patriotism to this country or respect for Americans.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM

Yes, keep repeating "people who have a different preference and opinion from mine are unamerican and unpatriotic and traitors" and keep proving my point. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration