Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,551,012 times

Advertisements

[quote=Benicar;16261935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

Give them time, and they will join the remainder of states whose illegals are free as birds. All illegals are deportable according to our laws. Yet, one state is deporting so-called non-violent illegals? That’s nothing to brag about.

Now I'm bragging? You refuted my stated that non illegals were being deported and when I prove you are wrong now I'm bragging? Unbelievable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 02:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,341,563 times
[quote=blackandproud;16262042]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Now I'm bragging? You refuted my stated that non illegals were being deported and when I prove you are wrong now I'm bragging? Unbelievable
The point is that Obama has instructed HS to only deport violent aliens as a nationwide policy.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,484,651 times
[quote=blackandproud;16261404]
Quote:
If you check Obama’s deportation record, you will discover that while he may have increased deportations of “violent criminals” he actually has placed a moratorium on deportations of so-called non-criminal illegals. It is nothing but political posturing.

This is incorrect.

non violent illegal aliens ARE being deported. Here in NJ, its the non violent folks that are deported more than anyone else. So again, how has Obama NOT enforced the immigration laws?
Well here in CALIFORNIA, we've got one ex-housekeeper of Meg Whitman's who is illegally in the USA, stole another's identity SS number to get a job and she's still here.

There is a moratorium. They're not actively pursuing non-criminal (she's a criminal as far as I can tell) illegals. ICE has a pecking order of who they contact first.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,858,065 times
Quote:
If you check Obama’s deportation record, you will discover that while he may have increased deportations of “violent criminals” he actually has placed a moratorium on deportations of so-called non-criminal illegals. It is nothing but political posturing.

I don’t recall anyone on this thread or elsewhere on this forum EVER stating that amnesty is a new phenomenon. Who hasn’t heard of the 1986 mass amnesty? In any case, that is history. We must deal with our current crisis, and another amnesty would be an even greater tragedy.

As for “beloved Republicans” you have so barked up the wrong tree.

Yes, many citizens are criminals. So what?
Not to mention that an awful LOT of those deported under THIS administration were already IN the "process" from before this administration took over. As were a LOT of those that were being held for deportation hearings who have had their "process" now thrown out as being "non violent offenders" by THIS administration.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Not to mention that an awful LOT of those deported under THIS administration were already IN the "process" from before this administration took over. As were a LOT of those that were being held for deportation hearings who have had their "process" now thrown out as being "non violent offenders" by THIS administration.

wow, this is news thats not out there for all. Can you provide a link to this new information? I guess this area of the country is excluded

Old 10-14-2010, 02:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,673,195 times
Again, in the State of NJ, non violent illegals ARE being deported at large numbers.

Deportation of illegal immigrants without criminal records more likely in N.J. than nationwide | NJ.com[/quote]

God, I hope that's true!
Maybe soon I'll be able to hire people to do work at my house who actually speak and understand English. Meanwhile, I wait...

Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM

[quote=LuckyGem;16262086]
Quote:

Well here in CALIFORNIA, we've got one ex-housekeeper of Meg Whitman's who is illegally in the USA, stole another's identity SS number to get a job and she's still here.

There is a moratorium. They're not actively pursuing non-criminal (she's a criminal as far as I can tell) illegals. ICE has a pecking order of who they contact first.

Actively seeking, no I agree their not. However Once local officials report an illegal to ICE they have to be taken into custody. Honestly I would much rather time and resources be allocated to locating and removing the violent illegals as soon as possible, but thats just my opinion.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,593,052 times
[quote=blackandproud;16262042]
Quote:

I wasn’t referring to YOU. Rather, the Obama administration. Lighten up.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Again, in the State of NJ, non violent illegals ARE being deported at large numbers.

Deportation of illegal immigrants without criminal records more likely in N.J. than nationwide | NJ.com
God, I hope that's true!
Maybe soon I'll be able to hire people to do work at my house who actually speak and understand English. Meanwhile, I wait...[/quote]

What does someone's legal status has to do with YOU as an employer doing your do-diligence in hiring someone who is here legally wether they speak english fluently or not?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,593,052 times
Quote:
What does someone's legal status has to do with YOU as an employer doing your do-diligence in hiring someone who is here legally wether they speak english fluently or not?
Haven’t you heard? They use stolen and fake documents. Apparently they look so authentic, they fool even major corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration