Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,550,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Criminal behavior, regardless of the immigration status of the perpetrator, is wrong, period. Why are you defending illegal alien criminals?

Reading comprehension is really needed here. Because I'm not sounding the same bell as you when it comes to this discussion, I'm supporting criminals. NO i'm not. My question again is, why should a person who was bought over as a child, be shipped off to a country they do not know?

I hate to break it to you, but as a black person, the same people you so fervently defend, once legalized, will throw you under the bus in a hot second. Wake up! They are using black people to accomplish their goals.
I hate to break it to you, I am only responsible for myself and my children. All others black, white ect are responsible for themselves. If a LEGAL Mexican, ASIAN or White person has YET to throw me off my game or impact my lively hood in 40 years, I believe I can hold my own for another 40. If you choose to live your life afraid of the non existant phantom in the room, have at it.

Lets stick to reading comprhension. I do not believe in blanket amnesty, and I do not believe in social program eligibility for illegals, but I also do not believe someone who came over to this country at a young age via their parents should be penalized because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We have stated over and over that there is no need to mass deport. With all the incentives removed for them to remain here they will self-deport and there are no costs associated with that.

You really believe this? What happens to a desperate person who is starving? If they have no money, how do you suppose they will self deport in some instances an entire family? I'm not making excuses or even trying to pretend as if I have the answers, but really. If someone is desperate, cold and have no money, what do you believe will happen with 11 million people who fall into this category?

Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
[quote=blackandproud;16261404]
Quote:
If you check Obama’s deportation record, you will discover that while he may have increased deportations of “violent criminals” he actually has placed a moratorium on deportations of so-called non-criminal illegals. It is nothing but political posturing.

This is incorrect.

non violent illegal aliens ARE being deported. Here in NJ, its the non violent folks that are deported more than anyone else. So again, how has Obama NOT enforced the immigration laws?
That may have been past practices. However, DHS has changed their policy and are now ONLY deporting so-called violent illegal aliens. Why do you think they haven’t even attempted to arrest and deport Nicky Diaz? Why do you think illegals are now so brazen? An illegal could walk around carrying a sign, “I Am An Illegal Alien” and they wouldn’t be touched.

In fact, as indicated below, they have dismissed the cases of thousands of illegals who were scheduled for deportation. Why?

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security is systematically reviewing thousands of pending immigration cases and moving to dismiss those filed against suspected illegal immigrants who have no serious criminal records, according to several sources familiar with the efforts.

Richard Rocha, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman, said Tuesday that the review is part of the agency's broader, nationwide strategy to prioritize the deportations of illegal immigrants who pose a threat to national security and public safety. Rocha declined to provide further details.
Quote:
The court "was terminating all of the cases that came up," Gonzalez said. "It was absolutely fantastic."

"We're all calling each other saying, 'Can you believe this?' " said John Nechman, another Houston immigration attorney, who had two cases dismissed.
Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases | Immigration | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 10-14-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I hate to break it to you, I am only responsible for myself and my children. All others black, white ect are responsible for themselves. If a LEGAL Mexican, ASIAN or White person has YET to throw me off my game or impact my lively hood in 40 years, I believe I can hold my own for another 40. If you choose to live your life afraid of the non existant phantom in the room, have at it.

Lets stick to reading comprhension. I do not believe in blanket amnesty, and I do not believe in social program eligibility for illegals, but I also do not believe someone who came over to this country at a young age via their parents should be penalized because of that.
You stick to your beliefs, and I will stick to mine. Time will determine who is on the right side of this issue. But, don’t be surprised, and don’t be too disappointed if another amnesty is passed, and the illegals you support bid you adios.

We owe DREAMies nothing. If they are such an asset, I’m sure their countries of origin will benefit from their return.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:49 PM

[quote=Benicar;16261628]
Quote:

That may have been past practices. However, DHS has changed their policy and are now ONLY deporting so-called violent illegal aliens. Why do you think they haven’t even attempted to arrest and deport Nicky Diaz? Why do you think illegals are now so brazen? An illegal could walk around carrying a sign, “I Am An Illegal Alien” and they wouldn’t be touched.

In fact, as indicated below, they have dismissed the cases of thousands of illegals who were scheduled for deportation. Why?

Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases | Immigration | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Again, in the State of NJ, non violent illegals ARE being deported at large numbers.

Deportation of illegal immigrants without criminal records more likely in N.J. than nationwide | NJ.com

Old 10-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
You really believe this? What happens to a desperate person who is starving? If they have no money, how do you suppose they will self deport in some instances an entire family? I'm not making excuses or even trying to pretend as if I have the answers, but really. If someone is desperate, cold and have no money, what do you believe will happen with 11 million people who fall into this category?
I would venture to say, they have more money now than they did when they crossed the border illegally. If they could manage to pay a coyote thousands of dollars to sneak them in, they can manage to find their way back home.

If our laws are enforced, and they are unable to work, and unable to fleece the taxpayers of this country, you will see how fast they leave.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM

13,680 posts, read 20,822,556 times
Quote:
Although I believe the illegal immigration is a huge problem especially for those that commit the most awful crimes. But your rant has to be the most baseless and ignorant yet. To blame this administration for an issue that has been out of hand for YEARS especially during the Bush administration, the fact that you've completely glossed over the FACT that in the history of deportation, this adminstrations has deported more Illegals than any other administration. But don't let that little fact stop such a baseless and ignorant rant.

DHS/ICE reveal highest immigration enforcement numbers on record in fiscal year 2010 (http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/1010/101008washingtondc.htm - broken link)

I actually agree with you.

George Bush campaigned in Spanish and spoke of "comprehensive reform" which is code for amnesty and maybe open borders.

Both parties pander for that vote. The Democrats do it more and better, but the GOP is not clean.

It is amazing that people without legal status have, in essence, become another lobbying group. They join the AARP, exiled Cubans, and other one-issue groups that scare the hell out of politicians.

Still, deporting is a fine thing. But if the border remains wide-open, it just creates a conveyor belt. And a costly one at that.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM

[quote=blackandproud;16261772]
Quote:

Again, in the State of NJ, non violent illegals ARE being deported at large numbers.

Deportation of illegal immigrants without criminal records more likely in N.J. than nationwide | NJ.com
Give them time, and they will join the remainder of states whose illegals are free as birds. All illegals are deportable according to our laws. Yet, one state is deporting so-called non-violent illegals? That’s nothing to brag about.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Then with job opportunities and benefits cut off how will they survive here? Many if not most of them have family back in their homelands so they at least have them to help them get back on their feet there.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:05 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,954,756 times
Quote:

Word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration