Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM

5 posts, read 19,540 times

Advertisements

7 Latin American nations ask court to join Mexico in filing against Arizona immigration law | StarTribune.com
(http://www.startribune.com/nation/98780004.html - broken link) Looks like entire South America wants us to go down. This must stop - and it must stop NOW. The Government needs to get out there and defend Americans, not foreigners. I am so sick and tired of it. I am pretty sure that Obama and Hillary just won't give a damn about this. American laws, American integrety, and most importantly Americans are under attack here. What do you think our foreign policy should look like? What should be our response? Should this have consequences for those countries? I think we need to impose trade embargos. Somebody needs to stand up for us. How dare they!

Last edited by TheOnlyPatriot; 07-19-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 09:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyPatriot View Post
7 Latin American nations ask court to join Mexico in filing against Arizona immigration law | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/nation/98780004.html - broken link) Looks like entire South America wants us to go down. This must stop - and it must stop NOW. The Government needs to get out there and defend Americans, not foreigners. I am so sick and tired of it. I am pretty sure that Obama and Hillary just won't give a damn about this. American laws, American integrety, and most importantly Americans are under attack here. What do you think our foreign policy should look like? What should be our response? Should this have consequences for those countries? I think we need to impose trade embargos. Somebody needs to stand up for us. How dare they!
When Mexicans talked about suing Arizona in the courts of the US lefties howled and howled about the fact that Mexico has no standing in our court system and can't sue our people without standing. I think that all these people can sue all of us in THEIR COURTS but surely not in ours. However, Obama has much more power than many people think from some of those over 2000 page laws the Dems have been passing.

Hang in there Patriot because the day is coming when people will learn many things they need to know to maintain our Republic.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When Mexicans talked about suing Arizona in the courts of the US lefties howled and howled about the fact that Mexico has no standing in our court system and can't sue our people without standing. I think that all these people can sue all of us in THEIR COURTS but surely not in ours. However, Obama has much more power than many people think from some of those over 2000 page laws the Dems have been passing.

Hang in there Patriot because the day is coming when people will learn many things they need to know to maintain our Republic.
Right now it looks like the U.S is going down the drain. Obama won't fight for us.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Right now it looks like the U.S is going down the drain. Obama won't fight for us.
Oh he will fight for us but not in support. He wants to be The Man for real and has worked his way much farther than I ever thought he could even with the Congress we have. We will stop him and Pelosi - Reid before they take over completely.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,228,550 times
How many billions will the State Dept give these countries to settle? Maybe we should just send our unemployed...

Old 07-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Oh he will fight for us but not in support. He wants to be The Man for real and has worked his way much farther than I ever thought he could even with the Congress we have. We will stop him and Pelosi - Reid before they take over completely.
Those countries export a lot of stuff to the U.S. They need us. They would go down the drain quickly without us. I can't wait for Obamas response and/or the response of the State Department. Thsi is not even a Democrat/Republican issue. It's the President's job to fight for us and defend us.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,558,947 times
This thread is further proof of the Dumbing Down of America.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This thread is further proof of the Dumbing Down of America.
You don't even know what you're saying here. This is clearly an issue that must be addressed the proper way. Last time I checked, we were still a sovereign nation.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM

530 posts, read 780,814 times
if these places feel their citizens are being so unfairly treated in the US they can pay to take them back home where they belong and can be better cared for.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:57 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,445,320 times
Quote:
You don't even know what you're saying here. This is clearly an issue that must be addressed the proper way. Last time I checked, we were still a sovereign nation.
Address it how?

Have the president cry about it in the media?

Declare war?

What's your solution?

It is just amazing, watching you all take the bait and do exactly what these governments want you to do.

They win when you take notice, jump up and down, and wring your hands about it. That's their whole game.

They have no standing to sue. It's a symbolic gesture. Your best strategy would be to ignore them and to not play into their hand by drawing attention to these lawsuits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration