Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 06:34 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,817 times

Advertisements

I found this opinion very interesting. Most legal Hispanics I know, and that is quite a few feel the same. This is from a community that has tens of thousands of Hispanics, legal and illegal.

Really, some Latinos want immigration restrictions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 06:38 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
You bet your azz a lot of us pepper bellies support Arizona's immigration law.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
You bet your azz a lot of us pepper bellies support Arizona's immigration law.
My better half is Hispanic. Legal, went through all the hoops, now after 7 years and $6000, forms, fees, lines, humiliation and intimidation by INS and feels that everybody should be treated equally. That is to abide by the laws of this country and do it legally.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Obama's amnesty is a "kick in the teeth" to every person of any background that has jumped through hoops, paid the bucks, spent the time and effort etc. (as posted by aliveandwellinSA) to become a legal citizen. The others just walk across the border...here I am...and juice the system.... IT SUCKS

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I found this opinion very interesting. Most legal Hispanics I know, and that is quite a few feel the same. This is from a community that has tens of thousands of Hispanics, legal and illegal.

Thanks...I tried making this point repeatedly, before I gave up some months back.

Yes, there are PLENTY of 'Hispanics' (of all descriptions)...some of whose ancestors were here before the US...some of whom have immigrant ancestors...and even some of whom have ILLEGAL ancestors...all of whom are FED UP with the situation today. It's gone way WAY over the top.

I'm not saying any of these folks enjoy the company of racists...of COURSE not; but that doesn't mean they aren't tired, fed up, and disgusted by the out-of-control situation today...and aren't afraid to say so.

Thanks for the reminder. As I said, I tried repeatedly to make this point...with very limited success....but you are correct.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post

Did you also notice that they still oppose SB1070?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:10 AM

346 posts, read 709,553 times
Just because you're Hispanic, doesn't mean you have to be anti-SB1070. Put America first.

There are a large number of LEGAL Hispanics (including myself) who support SB1070 and cracking down on illegal immigration, but the mainstream media never reports on them. Hmm wonder why?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
Just because you're Hispanic, doesn't mean you have to be anti-SB1070. Put America first.

There are a large number of LEGAL Hispanics (including myself) who support SB1070 and cracking down on illegal immigration, but the mainstream media never reports on them. Hmm wonder why?
While I applaud you for being a Hispanic that puts this nation first my experience has been that far too many Hispanics are pro-illegal advocates and fight the enforcement of our immigration laws tooth and nail. I am not sure about your claims that "large" numbers of Hispanics view this issue as you do. I live in Calif. where the Hispanic American population is very high and so is the illegal alien population so I do have privy to the views of Hispanics on this issue probably much like the rest of the southwest.

As I mentioned before in here I would love to see a large scale poll nationwide that would indicate where most Hispanic Americans stand on this issue. Again, I commend you for being a loyal and patriotic Hispanic American.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
While I applaud you for being a Hispanic that puts this nation first my experience has been that far too many Hispanics are pro-illegal advocates and fight the enforcement of our immigration laws tooth and nail. I am not sure about your claims that "large" numbers of Hispanics view this issue as you do. I live in Calif. where the Hispanic American population is very high and so is the illegal alien population so I do have privy to the views of Hispanics on this issue probably much like the rest of the southwest.

As I mentioned before in here I would love to see a large scale poll nationwide that would indicate where most Hispanic Americans stand on this issue. Again, I commend you for being a loyal and patriotic Hispanic American.
Quote:
Illegal immigrants are a boon, not a burden to the country, a resounding majority of Hispanics say, according to an Associated Press-Univision Poll that underscores sharp contrasts between the views of Hispanics and others. Most non-Hispanics say illegal immigrants are a drain on society.
Hispanics, non-Hispanics far apart on immigration

Quote:
A poll released Friday shows that Latinos largely disapprove of the controversial new immigration law in Arizona.
Poll: 67 percent of Latinos oppose Arizona immigration law - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Quote:
Seven in 10, 70%, of Hispanic respondents said they are somewhat or strongly opposed to the law, compared with 34% of all respondents in the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll set for release later today.

Among Hispanics, 27% are somewhat or strongly supportive of Arizona’s law; that compares with 64% of respondents overall.
WSJ/NBC Poll: Hispanics Strongly Oppose Ariz. Immigration Law - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
That's cause Hispanics have a lot of propaganda coming at them from other Hispanic sources and are led to believe that the cops will stop them on the basis of the color of their skin and take them to the station for questioning when that is not true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration