Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:47 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,876,000 times

Advertisements

Immigration overhaul gets new backing from Obama - latimes.com

BTW We already have a path to Citizenship. These Criminals thought that they were Special and chose to ignore it.

Obama will go down as the MOST Divisive President ever. I thought no one could be worse then Bush but Obama is far worse.

This Traitor needs to be Impeached, He doesn't care what America wants and will do anything to further His Anti- American agenda. He will take the Coward's route and force this BS like a Dictator.

Time to stand up and vote out all His supporters in the mid-term elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 12:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,679,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

BTW We already have a path to Citizenship. These Criminals thought that they were Special and chose to ignore it.

Obama will go down as the MOST Divisive President ever. I thought no one could be worse then Bush but Obama is far worse.

This Traitor needs to be Impeached, He doesn't care what America wants and will do anything to further His Anti- American agenda. He will take the Coward's route and force this BS like a Dictator.

It's just a political ploy to corral the legal hispanic vote in November. He knows he doesn't have the votes in congress to get anything passed so he will be able to blame the repubs. for the current immigration mess when they fight him at every turn. Good politics IMO.

Politics is a very dirty game played by unprincipaled individuals to further a certain faction's power base. And then there's the ugly side of it.

You demonstrate this concept perfectly by being able to call Obama a traitor, anti american,Coward and dictator all in one very short post.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 PM

571 posts, read 944,551 times
We have a 9.8% unemployment rate and he wants to make it worse?! What a joke. I don't care about Jose the Criminal; but I would care about Jose the Mexican who Legally Immigrated Here. The latter is an American, the former is not.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,310,943 times
From the article:
Quote:
Obama met with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus in the State Dining Room on Tuesday and discussed a strategy for passing a bill that had seemed dead for the year.
I hope he isn't ONLY meeting the Congressional Hispanic Caucus because he needs to hear the concerns and input of ALL groups of people. How are you going to do something as drastic and serious as amnesty and only hear from the group that will benefit from it most? That's messed up. Whose President is he? Is he the President of only Hispanics?

Also, all of these big bills start out with the lines: "Obama will try to gain Republican support." Look at the health care bill, look how they handled that. It was obvious that so many people were against it, but slowly, bit-by-bit, somehow Obama got it to pass. The same thing could happen with the immigration reform bill. It's all a big joke.

It looks like a focus needs to be put on writing ALL Congressmen and explaining to them why you feel massive amnesty is a bad decision for the country.

From the article:

Quote:
In another move likely to please Latino voters, Obama's immigration enforcement chief, John Morton, issued a memo Tuesday ordering his agency to focus on deporting criminals and those who pose a national security threat, rather than on pursuing people such as "immediate family members of U.S. citizens" and those caring for children.
So, when do the people who aren't a security threat face deportation? They are the ones that are hurting us most. Common sense would tell me that out of the millions of illegal immigrants, MOST are NOT a physical or intelligence national threat or criminal, so, based on the "MEMO" that means that most illegal immigrants aren't going to be investigated by ICE and deported. They are the main ones that are hurting the state and federal budget. The government is so backwards on this. Yes, it is important to get the violent criminals off the street who are illegally here, but that whole "memo" gives off the feeling that ICE agents are going to be easy on those who aren't criminals. First of all, by doing that, that gives them more time to have the children here, use the food stamps and WIC. Also, the "memo" tells agents to not focus too much on those caring for children. So .... after they have given birth, will they be investigated? Or will the fact that they are caring for children give them amnesty?

It's so messed up and BACKWARDS.

Last edited by SoEdible; 06-30-2010 at 05:32 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 06:01 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,845,970 times
I must admit that I have not been doing my fare share of praying lately. However friends neighbors and countrymen I'm in high gear now... May the Democrats be ever so soundly clobbered this November ...Amen

Old 06-30-2010, 08:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,959,274 times
His problem is it has to start in congress and no one wants to touch it there.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
We have a 9.8% unemployment rate and he wants to make it worse?! What a joke. I don't care about Jose the Criminal; but I would care about Jose the Mexican who Legally Immigrated Here. The latter is an American, the former is not.
Yes. Obama is on the side of the cheap labor lobby. Just like he never meant to put NAFTA on the table and promised to create 5 million jobs for unemployed Americans, he has no intention of doing that. The CEOs want an unlimited supply of the cheapest possible labor and Obama intends to get them what they want.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,777,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I must admit that I have not been doing my fare share of praying lately. However friends neighbors and countrymen I'm in high gear now... May the Democrats be ever so soundly clobbered this November ...Amen
Except you can't trust many of the Republicans either. Both parties are working for the internationalists, the corporations that want wages brought down to rock bottom.

Bush did all he could to get an amnesty, McCain very likely would have already done it.

No matter what party, it's time to elect only those who really work for the American people.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:36 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,845,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except you can't trust many of the Republicans either. Both parties are working for the internationalists, the corporations that want wages brought down to rock bottom.

Bush did all he could to get an amnesty, McCain very likely would have already done it.

No matter what party, it's time to elect only those who really work for the American people.
You have a point there. However when one party controls both houses of congress, the presidency, and is in the process of stacking the supreme court with clones....we are in "deep kim chee". (An old island saying)

Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,318,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

Amnesty, huh? It wouldn't be quite so awful if he'd enforce STRICT border control to cap the immigration, but you know he won't. He'd likely do what Reagan did ~ amnesty, with no preventive measure against more to follow! Despite his so-called "plan", the border states (Arizona, Texas, etc.) had better proceed with border-tightening on their own.

We have way too many criminals seeking refuge here. Whichever local newspaper I could grab will show an alarming number of illegals in mug shots and police logs and crime articles, and it never fails to blow me away. Not to mention gangs. Places that have high numbers of illegals likely have many taking up jail space. This is not acceptable to me. It certainly doesn't help us; in fact, it doesn't even help the illegals who are trying to live here honorably!

I usually vote conservative, but I would have preferred Hilary in the Presidential seat over this moron!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration