Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM

420 posts, read 1,194,651 times

Advertisements

House sold in one day. Am taking a road trip during escrow to find a place to temporarily stay while we look for a home to buy. I will be looking to purchase a view home with acreage and a garage, plus lots of privacy. Sage and crew: Can you give me some pointers on where to look in the Sagle and Sandpoint area. I would prefer not to live next to the tracks or under the power lines. Sage, I am from Lake Arrowhead area and have had it pretty good up here. Looking for something similiar but without the attitude.

Thanks for any help you can give me. And be assured that when I finally get settled in I will pass on the favor to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 PM

993 posts, read 3,254,924 times
your house sold in one day ?????

Pass that Mojo over here for a bit so we can join you up Idaho way...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,187 times
Man that is SO Cool!! Congrats! Good luck on the search! That trip back is gonna be rough, but not for long

Old 06-17-2009, 09:48 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
Looking for something similiar but without the attitude.
Just curious, but what type of attitude are you referring to here?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,279,627 times
Wow, you are not messing around. Way to go Fisherman!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Fisherman, congrats, great news! It'll be great to have you in the area.

I live outside of Sagle, west of 95 off Dufort Road a ways if you're looking on the map. How much acerage are you looking for, and how remote do you want to be? Better way to put it might be, how much gravel road are you willing to put up with?

There were 20 acre parcels for sale across Jewel Lake from me, with lake and mountain views, south exposure. 3 miles of county gravel road, plus upwards of a mile of private road though, none have sold yet as far as I know. RR is maybe a mile away, trains only run a few times a day though you can still hear them, especially on a quiet night. Of course the coyotes are louder .

How long do you plan to stay when you come up?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,845,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Just curious, but what type of attitude are you referring to here?
Arrowhead has a pretty "resort snobby" attitude about it....nice enough little lake, but you have to own property to be able to launch on the lake, and people with lakefront there seem to look down on everyone else...

Old 06-17-2009, 10:05 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,845,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
House sold in one day. Am taking a road trip during escrow to find a place to temporarily stay while we look for a home to buy. I will be looking to purchase a view home with acreage and a garage, plus lots of privacy. Sage and crew: Can you give me some pointers on where to look in the Sagle and Sandpoint area. I would prefer not to live next to the tracks or under the power lines. Sage, I am from Lake Arrowhead area and have had it pretty good up here. Looking for something similiar but without the attitude.

Thanks for any help you can give me. And be assured that when I finally get settled in I will pass on the favor to another.
Congrats on selling. You'll sure enjoy SP and Sagle.

There are plenty of places around with acreage and forest/privacy. The trick can be to get any view without A) having to be up high on a hill with bad access issues or B) having it be really expensive. However, some mountain view lots are out there, and can be affordable. Just don't plan on a good water view lot being affordable.

I would think that when you come up, post up some listings with links to info on a realtor's site, and those of us living here can give you input.

About the only "attitude" I've seen since moving here is some folks in Syringa Heights (up Pine west of the tracks). The folks from Hope (where more famous people seem to go) is more private and reclusive, not overtly snobby.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 PM

420 posts, read 1,194,651 times
Thanks one and all for the encouragment. DR the mojo is the big dude in the sky. I prayed with my realtor and it worked. I just prayed one for you to. Lets see if works. Sage could not have answered the attitude question better. A dock on the lake I live near costs 80 to 160 thousand dollars. These docks are owned by folks who have second homes up here. They live in exclusive enclaves and essentially worship the almighty dollar. You are judged on what you do and who you know and on what kind of car you drive. I made a good living, however I am a jean and plaid shirt kind of guy. I have not even worn a pair of dockers in the past six years or so. I don't judge folks on what they do or what they wear. I judge them on what's inside. Yet I know millionaires who are great folks. It is not how much you make that is important, it is what you do with it.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,687,921 times
Fisherman,
Congrats on the sale of your house!!! That's incredible! Just saw the thread--I don't know if I'm allowed to say "welcome to the neighborhood" since we just own land up there, no house yet, but in my heart I've already put roots down...
Obviously I'm partial to the Clark Fork area, but I've looked at properties from Elmira to Moyie Springs, and even along Highway 2, 56, and 200 over in Montana. I was really surprised at how many great properties there were within our price range and with the features we wanted, in the general area. In the end of course I found the spot that was best for us (and in the best state! Sorry Rickers!). And I had a terrific Sandpoint real estate agent; she was not only a reliable and thorough realtor, she had that 6th sense of guessing the exact property "needs and wants" that I didn't even know I was communicating to her. I assume it would be against the rules to post her name or business, but you can send me a PM and I'll tell you next time I go online.
I saw on another thread that you'll be renting a place while you're looking around. Oh, you'll have so much fun! I like Sagle myself, although I wanted to be north/east of Sandpoint. Sagle has a cool little swap meet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho