Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 PM

23 posts, read 108,526 times

Advertisements

http://
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 4,723 times
Default any info would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
We see bears quite often in the N. Idaho area. That may because we are out bow hunting and some of the time targeting bears but all in all we have a decent bear population I would say. As for the size ranges I have seen everything from ones not to much bigger than a dog to the big 'bruins'. A bear is a thing that if you are not looking for it you may not see it. Most of the bears we have seen while hunting we have heard before we have seen them.
I am not sure if you are asking this for hunting info or just curious. If it for hunting info post that and I can try to give you some decent areas that will give you a shot at one this spring.

Fearnofish, this is an old post of yours but I just came upon it. I am headed to northern idaho this spring, in May, hunting bears. I was planning to spend my time around Priest Lake area, unless you know a better area. I have never been up there and will be basically winging it. if you are still willing, could you share some info about where I may have some luck finding bears. it is a pretty long trip for me to make completly blind. Thank you for any info you are willing to share.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM

349 posts, read 1,040,580 times
Hubby saw 2 near the St Joe River Rd. in Benewah County.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Saw on on Schweitzer Mountain Road (about halfway up). Young adult, but not big. Maybe 5' tall.

Saw a larger one on our property in Sagle. Maybe 5' tall, not that large.

The black bears in SoCal are pretty hefty compared to what saw here. They appear to be built smaller here. Much less broad. Then again, this was just two bears I saw, so others could be huge.
Maybe from hunting them? I saw whitetail deer grow smaller and smaller by generation in Texas through hunters always taking the "big ones".

Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
we saw plenty of bears on our place till we got our Great Pyrenees. Even then though, we had a grizzly pass through. He was not bothered overly by the dogs but just peaceably passed through. I posted a picture of him somewhere on here.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
We have at least one black bear who spends time on our property when we're not there.
Once we arrive, it seems to stay away (hmmmm...I'm getting good at reading scat! Just berries, no bells!)

On a side note...notice the OP? I miss him....

Old 10-04-2014, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,012 times
Default Cub sighting

This morning saw a black bear cub near home English point area Hayden Lake.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:12 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,337 times
We saw many bears when we lived on Gold Creek Road north of Sandpoint back in the 1970's. Many times on our porch. Even a moose a couple of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho