Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM

366 posts, read 1,442,248 times

Advertisements

Im planning to look at one very soon possibly buy one, thanks for the responses everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamborgotti View Post
I like it a lot, it's definitely the first kia worth noticing in a long time. I have mixed feelings about the segment (xB, PT-cruiser, Element?), and I probably wouldn't choose to own one. I think the xB is very nice inside, it's huge and spacious, but still easy to get into and easy to maneuver. I hope the soul is the same way I think it must truly be a great car, but I doubt it's as spacious as good as the xB. It still is excellent looking and excellent priced though.

xB, Kia Soul, and Nissan Cube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,953 times
Haven't seen one in person yet, but I love the commercials w/the hampsters!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:42 PM

880 posts, read 2,346,664 times
The local mall has one of these on display. The thing is great looking, imo. From the rear it looks rather sport-carish. I loved the hounds tooth covered seats too. Kia is making big strides with their new designs. The Soul is optioned well and priced right. If I was buying something new, I'd seriously look into it. I tried to get my gf to try one before she bought her Wrangler, but she is still anti Kia unfortunantly.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,631,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
The local mall has one of these on display. The thing is great looking, imo. From the rear it looks rather sport-carish. I loved the hounds tooth covered seats too. Kia is making big strides with their new designs. The Soul is optioned well and priced right. If I was buying something new, I'd seriously look into it. I tried to get my gf to try one before she bought her Wrangler, but she is still anti Kia unfortunantly.
I have a Wrangler and no way would I have chosen the Soul over the Wrangler either. The Soul looks great, but it just isn't a Jeep.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 AM

19 posts, read 85,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy-NJ-NY-ME? View Post
Haven't seen one in person yet, but I love the commercials w/the hampsters!
Me too- there's a few different versions out there, but I like this one with the Calvin Harris song best-

YouTube - Kia Soul Hamsters Commercial - Official HD Version #4

Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I have a Wrangler and no way would I have chosen the Soul over the Wrangler either. The Soul looks great, but it just isn't a Jeep.
I understand what you are saying, but this really didn't apply to my gf.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but this really didn't apply to my gf.
Alrighty then......

Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 AM

19 posts, read 85,792 times
Quote:
I tried to get my gf to try one before she bought her Wrangler, but she is still anti Kia unfortunantly.
You're looking at 30mpg in the Soul versus mid-teens with the Wrangler. Ever hear the expression Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket? The 100k warranty on the Soul is good for some peace of mind too

Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkers84 View Post
You're looking at 30mpg in the Soul versus mid-teens with the Wrangler. Ever hear the expression Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket? The 100k warranty on the Soul is good for some peace of mind too
Kia and Hyundai have to offer that HUGE warranty in order to sell their products.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Kia and Hyundai have to offer that HUGE warranty in order to sell their products.
No they don't. They didn't always have that warranty, and they stuff still sold. Now, the warranty is a huge plus on an already good product. Hyundai/Kia have come a long way, and they are only getting better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia