Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times

Advertisements

Look like the domestic car companies really have it beat when Hyundai tops them as car of the year.

2009 Car of the Year: Hyundai Genesis - Jan. 11, 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 02:25 PM

143 posts, read 761,796 times
Genesis is pretty amazing. Hyundai and Kia are on mission for greatness. They made it a goal to match Toyota for reliability and that they have, but who would've thought they would surpass them in exciting, emotional design so easily. You won't see anything like the Genesis Coupe at Toyota or Honda. Unlike it's Japanese competitors, Hyundai may have achieved creating a performance car with soul.

http://www.dieselupload.com/files/547_ibryq/HKS-Genesis-007.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 PM

293 posts, read 570,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik151 View Post
Genesis is pretty amazing. Hyundai and Kia are on mission for greatness. They made it a goal to match Toyota for reliability and that they have, but who would've thought they would surpass them in exciting, emotional design so easily. You won't see anything like the Genesis Coupe at Toyota or Honda. Unlike it's Japanese competitors, Hyundai may have achieved creating a performance car with soul.

...respect your opinion but do not agree. My family has driven mostly Toyotas and these cars consistantly get 150k+ without serious problems. Hyundai cannot match that yet because their cars just do not have the history yet...

Old 01-11-2009, 03:04 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Look like the domestic car companies really have it beat when Hyundai tops them as car of the year.

2009 Car of the Year: Hyundai Genesis - Jan. 11, 2009
Mock them all you want, but remember big three used to mock Toyota and those little yellow Asians building and designing Toyota cars. I guess those macho all American "real men who design cars for real men" boys can't smile any more, can't they? Can't they just spend a little less time bragging how big their ***** are and a little more time using their brains to do some useful stuff?

Old 01-11-2009, 03:35 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
Mock them all you want, but remember big three used to mock Toyota and those little yellow Asians building and designing Toyota cars. I guess those macho all American "real men who design cars for real men" boys can't smile any more, can't they? Can't they just spend a little less time bragging how big their ***** are and a little more time using their brains to do some useful stuff?
Personally I think Toyotas are great, I think everyone would agree on it's reliability factor. I'd go with a Tundra anyday for a pickup as well (08 motortrend truck of the year). Hyundai's well maybe I'll change my mind in a few years but for now seems as if they copy the exterior and just puts in cheaper parts to make it affordable (can we say Genesis and BWM-5 series) not exactly ingenuity.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Toyota used to be very reliable. Unfortunately they decided, like Mercedes, they were too reliable and started cutting corners.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones 1999 View Post
...respect your opinion but do not agree. My family has driven mostly Toyotas and these cars consistantly get 150k+ without serious problems. Hyundai cannot match that yet because their cars just do not have the history yet...
We have 130K on our Sonata, and the only serious problem we had was a hub bearing go bad, which was replaced under warranty at 25K miles.

Now, come again?

Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik151 View Post

The Genesis coupe looks pretty nice, but that 2nd pic looks a little too much like the Tiburon for my tastes.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:50 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
We have 130K on our Sonata, and the only serious problem we had was a hub bearing go bad, which was replaced under warranty at 25K miles.

Now, come again?
Exactly Hyundai beats Toyota any day today. Japs got arrogant!

Old 01-11-2009, 06:07 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Yep, and the Ford F-150 took it for the trucks. Hummmm, beating out Toyota it would appear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia