Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:40 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,193,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Yeah, it sucks. Because the Elantra doesn't have a heads up display. That's why you can't see it.
I wasn't talking about the elantra I was speaking about the genesis wich has it. sure Hyundai has come along way but they still need refinement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 11:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,582,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Brought in my 2025 Elantra for an oil change and tire rotation at the dealership (free). Used the opportunity to check out the 2017 Elantra.
1. Don't care for the nose. Has cheap plastic horizontal bars made to look like metal.
2. Interior is great improvement. Love the dashboard. My Elantra has two dials (speed & tach) with center electronic display bars for temperature and fuel level. The new Elantra has the same speed & tach gage but at the bottom of each is an analog gage for temperature and fuel. Very neat and easy to read display.
3. Seats are of about the same comfort quality.
4. Trunk still huge.
5. MPG numbers on base engine is a hair less than my 1.8L. It only has 2 more horsepower. Haven't driven it to judge response or real world fuel economy.
6. Side profile is smoother but is still obviously an Elantra. More of an evolution in design than revolution like the previous generation Elantra was at its debut.
7. Currently only the 2.0L engine is available. The best choices are to come later. Later will have an Eco model with 1.4L turbo (less horsepower but more torque than 2.0L) and the sport with the 1.6L turbo with around 200 HP.

Hold on there Doc. Are you telling me you built a time machine? Out of a Hyundai?

Old 03-13-2016, 10:32 PM

17,636 posts, read 17,723,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Hold on there Doc. Are you telling me you built a time machine? Out of a Hyundai?
Naw, the Doctor stopped by with his TARDIS and we popped on over to see what Hyundai has in store.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:06 AM

325 posts, read 337,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think he may have meant 2015 Elantra.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:41 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,687,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
My sentiments toward the new Santa Fe. It looks nice from far away, but up close it looks really thin and cheap.
I would disagree with you .As someone who owns a 2013 and looking at a 2017 I disagree .The Santa Fe has a better ride than Toyota or Ford(only two I test drove) better interior ,better warranty ,I also think the amenities are better(dealer support).

P.S.

I should clarify I was looking at the Santa Fe Sport.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:40 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,912,326 times
The new 2017 Elantra Sport seems like a pretty good proposition. I'm not quite yet in the market for a car, but I think it would make my short list. I don't personally have much experience with Hyundais except for rentals, and they still seem to be a mixed bag but improving with every cycle and revision. I would like to see the chassis and power train upgrades of it move on over to the Elantra GT.

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-...ew/2100001378/

Still, I'm pretty amazed that my nearly 16 y.o. WRX wagon out performs in almost every way and with just as good if not better packaging as just about any comparable car out there today from Hyundai, Mazda to BMW and Mercedes. Obviously not quite as solidly, safely or with near the technology or efficiency of the new cars, but the basic package is still solid, fast and flexible and a good handler.

Until this car dies, and it's not looking likely anytime soon with, I'll still just enjoy perusing and know that there are some increasingly good, still affordable choices out there.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:29 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,802,668 times
Surprised at the low traffic here, but I do belong to a Hyundai specific board with a forum specific to the 2017 Elantra that has a lot of traffic (several posts each day). I am very happy with mine. The EPA numbers are off and not in the way you might expect. I drive a lot of suburban and city miles with lower speed limits and lots of stops. My average speed is under 30 on most tanks (it's tracked) and my calculated mpg is mid 30s (the computer thinks it is higher). A lot of people who primarily drive highway miles are getting over 40 mpg calculated. I got the Value Edition. With rebates and incentives it was right about 18k. The Civic could not come close with the trim level to get all the extras.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:49 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,912,326 times
I just noted that, as I wished for above, that the 2018 (out this summer here) Elantra GT Sport has just been released at the Chicago auto show with the engine, rear multi-link suspension and tire/wheel upgrades of the sedan sport model, also real nice looking new front and facia and interior Has the packaging as well as the performance that I appreciate with my WRX wagon, with nearly the luggage capacity at 55 cubic feet with back seats folded.

Looks like it would make the top of my list when I'm ready to buy. I'll await the reviews. Maybe Subaru will now up their ante with the new Impreza and offer a similar engine upgrade package with their Sport model.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:26 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,537,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Hyundai had great success with the current model, but I don't think the new one stands a chance up against the new Civic.
The new Elantra Sport has been getting rave reviews for the 1.6L Turbo engine, independent rear suspension, and slick shifting 6-speed manual transmission. I've read that the Elantra Sport is the drivers car and the Civic is the cruiser.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:53 PM

289 posts, read 220,296 times
I have the 17 Elantra Limited. I am very happy so far with every option given. The tan leather seats are extremely comfortable, I like the touchscreen display, the rearview camera is very convenient. It has the lane change warning display on the sideview mirrors, very cool and useful. My only point of issue (and it's slight because I'm an old man) is that the music does not stay high quality when the volume gets up there. In addition, with bass set at +10, I feel absolutely nothing. I almost feel like I did something wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia