Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 08:23 AM

396 posts, read 670,553 times

Advertisements

Is there one reliable source for all the developments in the Huntsville/Madison/Decatur/Athens area? The Huntsville Business Journal and this site are useful and yet I drive around and am surprised about developments I had heard nothing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 10:55 AM

198 posts, read 253,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denofhc View Post
Is there one reliable source for all the developments in the Huntsville/Madison/Decatur/Athens area? The Huntsville Business Journal and this site are useful and yet I drive around and am surprised about developments I had heard nothing about.
Rocket CityScope on Facebook and IG.

Old 09-22-2020, 11:45 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Site prep has begun at Moore’s Mill and Us 72 at the foot of Chapman Mountain.
Not sure for what but there will be s large number of people living in a couple of miles radius of that intersection .
Drilling for pylons for the new Monroe Street garage (Autograph Hotel) is underway downtown.
One of the construction cranes for the Huntsville Hospital new addition has been taken down.
They are making big progress on the structure.
The site prep at Moore’s Mill and US 72 is for Rehabilitation Hospital of Huntsville (Encompass Health Corporation). Their current rehab facility is across from Huntsville Hospital on Governors Dr.
Wonder if this will be an additional facility or replacement. If replacement imagine the hospital has plans for that property.

Old 09-22-2020, 02:42 PM

766 posts, read 1,127,286 times
Quote:
The site prep at Moore’s Mill and US 72 is for Rehabilitation Hospital of Huntsville (Encompass Health Corporation). Their current rehab facility is across from Huntsville Hospital on Governors Dr.
Wonder if this will be an additional facility or replacement. If replacement imagine the hospital has plans for that property.
According to the Madison County Tax Assessors Office's website (emapsplus.com) Huntsville Hospital already owns the current rehab facility across from Huntsville Hospital and the building is connected to the walkway over Governors connecting it to the rest of the HH complex. I am sure that HH already has uses in mind for this building. They could use it for more office space for physicians like the adjacent Governors Tower or in the future, they may need it for extra bed space.

FYI: Encompass Health is the new name for the former Health South - I guess the notoriety regarding Richard Scrushy caused them to change their name.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:24 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,621,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
You are right it wasn't the plat. It is an agreement filed between Safe Mini Storage and Vaquero Ventures. I linked it below. If it doesn't take you to the document just search Safe Mini Storage and it was filed on 8/24/20.

https://cotthosting.com/almadisonext...sRefresh=False
The agreement mentions:

Property Information
GATEWAY COMMERCIAL PH 2 RES Lot:4
GATEWAY COMMERCIAL Lot:1
GATEWAY COMMERCIAL RES Lot:LT 3

SAFE MINI STORAGE OF MEMORIAL PARKWAY LLC owns parcels #80, #81, & #82.

Is that the land mentioned in the agreement or is there other land involved?

For example, SOUTHERN TRUST CAPITAL LLC owns parcels #24, #78 & #79.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:58 AM

31 posts, read 38,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
You are right it wasn't the plat. It is an agreement filed between Safe Mini Storage and Vaquero Ventures. I linked it below. If it doesn't take you to the document just search Safe Mini Storage and it was filed on 8/24/20.

https://cotthosting.com/almadisonext...sRefresh=False
I found the agreement and see the Starbucks and Whataburger listed. Thanks! Looks like the Starbucks has already started construction.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:59 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,621,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 256native View Post
I found the agreement and see the Starbucks and Whataburger listed. Thanks! Looks like the Starbucks has already started construction.
I did not read through the agreement before so I missed that. Looking at the agreement now on page 18 I see a map showing both Whataburger and Starbucks. Whataburger is located on the east side of Memorial Parkway at the intersection with Redstone Road. Starbucks is located just south of it.

Old 09-23-2020, 12:02 PM

198 posts, read 253,047 times
Great finding guys! Im sure South Huntsville will be real Happy.

Old 09-23-2020, 02:52 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
Construction to begin soon on the new Alabama Cyber Technology school in Research Park
Corner of Bradford and Wynn.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...outputType=amp

Old 09-23-2020, 03:49 PM

314 posts, read 256,729 times
Quote:
Construction to begin soon on the new Alabama Cyber Technology school in Research Park
Corner of Bradford and Wynn.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...outputType=amp
Sounds just like the Alabama school of math and science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area