Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 05:44 PM

13,403 posts, read 9,925,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergutbrew View Post
A gas station and side stores. You can see the layout on the sign on the corner. Yeah i thought the same thing about that neighborhood not being happy about it. With the low income senior community down the road and the new age ghetto down the road on capshaw the Chevron will share the load with robberies with this store
Are the houses in the city? If not, I seem to remember that those county residents in unincorporated areas didn't want zoning restrictions. And things like this is what you get without zoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,668,218 times
Coming downtown next to the Curio Hilton site under construction on Jefferson ..
Phat Sammy’s, a pop-up restaurant that’s been a hit with Huntsville’s culinary adventurous, is bringing their Asian-inspired fare and a tiki bar vibe to a permanent location - in a downtown basement.
A (tentative) summer opening has been eyed for the space, located at 104 Jefferson St. underneath PrimeLending mortgage offices and across from the Clinton Avenue parking deck.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:14 AM

138 posts, read 157,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergutbrew View Post
A gas station and side stores. You can see the layout on the sign on the corner. Yeah i thought the same thing about that neighborhood not being happy about it. With the low income senior community down the road and the new age ghetto down the road on capshaw the Chevron will share the load with robberies with this store
I'm curious: what exactly is the "new age ghetto" on Capshaw?

Old 03-29-2019, 05:24 PM

170 posts, read 142,378 times
Quote:
Are the houses in the city? If not, I seem to remember that those county residents in unincorporated areas didn't want zoning restrictions. And things like this is what you get without zoning.

We are Huntsville City.

Quote:

Probably the Adams community with the moldy-siding houses.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:04 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,234,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
I have a strong desire to go get my pressure washer every time I drive by there. It would be so satisfying to clean that off the siding...

Old 04-01-2019, 06:00 AM

10 posts, read 9,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post

I'm certain those were Hunter Homes. Basic and cheap as hell cookie cutter houses that fall apart. The first home i bought was like the "2nd tier" of their offered homes. A little better looking than the ones on capshaw but build quality was still terrible. I was young and dumb, happy to get out of an apartment when i bought it. I'm so glad i was able to sell it, breaking even, when i did but a was a great learning experience. You have to start somewhere, but those things do not hold any value.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:17 AM

39 posts, read 44,212 times
Does anybody know what's going in next to the tire place (next to buffalo wild wings) on 72?

Old 04-01-2019, 09:39 AM

271 posts, read 297,582 times
Cecil Ashburn's next victim...today Moe's Original BBQ in Jones Valley announced they would be closing today due to the road closure.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:05 AM

3,011 posts, read 1,789,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeweg View Post
Does anybody know what's going in next to the tire place (next to buffalo wild wings) on 72?
Its part of the Watercress development. I couldn't find any news of what's coming in there. Is excavation/site prep going on currently?

Old 04-01-2019, 10:45 AM

27 posts, read 28,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel104 View Post

Ghetto is harsh on my part. It's one of many developments that popped up in the Harvest/Monrovia area where the developer built cheap housing on small lots. It eventually forced the County to create lot size restrictions. Within years of building the house siding was molding and rotting "hardy board". You can barely park one car in the driveway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area