Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2018, 04:05 PM

13,434 posts, read 9,954,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
Uh oh, I don’t have a good feeling about this. The answer to Huntsville’s Major music entertainment change may be denied, at least for MidCity location. Traffic flow is important and they will have enough parking for it next to it and many garages throughout MidCity. If they can’t agree to approve this I’d be disappointed.

What are yalls thoughts on it?
Toward the end of the article it indicated that the City will be paying the $25M construction cost. I didn't know it was a city project ... thought it was part of the MidCity development ... so I can understand why they're thinking it through. Hopefullly it'll pass because I think it will be a big entertainment draw. Other cities/metros of comparable size already have similar facilities in place (Jackson, MS for one, in Brandon). I have no idea if theirs was paid for by local governments or private funding. Birmingham has one that's a bit larger, Nashville has at least two outdoor facilities that are smaller than the Huntsville one, and the Chattanooga area has a smaller one in Ringold, Georgia.

I don't really think traffic will be a huge issue. There are always traffic tie-ups around major events. You can't build highways to handle peaks like that ... just have to leave early enough to get there in time. I remember once going to the laser show at Stone Mountain, and here were huge traffic delays.

I've been to shows at Redstone and they were really a LOT of fun. We need this facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 04:22 PM

198 posts, read 253,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Toward the end of the article it indicated that the City will be paying the $25M construction cost. I didn't know it was a city project ... thought it was part of the MidCity development ... so I can understand why they're thinking it through. Hopefullly it'll pass because I think it will be a big entertainment draw. Other cities/metros of comparable size already have similar facilities in place (Jackson, MS for one, in Brandon). I have no idea if theirs was paid for by local governments or private funding. Birmingham has one that's a bit larger, Nashville has at least two outdoor facilities that are smaller than the Huntsville one, and the Chattanooga area has a smaller one in Ringold, Georgia.

I don't really think traffic will be a huge issue. There are always traffic tie-ups around major events. You can't build highways to handle peaks like that ... just have to leave early enough to get there in time. I remember once going to the laser show at Stone Mountain, and here were huge traffic delays.

I've been to shows at Redstone and they were really a LOT of fun. We need this facility.
Most def! It would change Huntsville forever. The comedy scene has changed and now it’s time for music.

Old 12-22-2018, 02:08 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
New Aldi site work has begun on Winchester adjacent to Wal Mart.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:38 PM

166 posts, read 185,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
New Aldi site work has begun on Winchester adjacent to Wal Mart.
How many stores are they planning to have in this area? Is there any other realistic store besides Trader Joe's that people want in this area that doesn't already have a presence?

Old 12-22-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_NorthHSV View Post
How many stores are they planning to have in this area? Is there any other realistic store besides Trader Joe's that people want in this area that doesn't already have a presence?
at least 8 in this center, but across the street around 15 or so.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
at least 8 in this center, but across the street around 15 or so.
I read his question to mean how many Aldi locations are planned for this area as opposed to how many stores are in the little shopping centers. I could easily be wrong though.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I read his question to mean how many Aldi locations are planned for this area as opposed to how many stores are in the little shopping centers. I could easily be wrong though.
Sorry for the confusion, just one Aldi but a good many out parcels for other businesses
will be available .

Old 12-28-2018, 10:12 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,235,873 times
Champy's CHicken set to open in old Bison's location on Madison Blvd in front of Publix.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Champy's CHicken set to open in old Bison's location on Madison Blvd in front of Publix.
I didn't know Bison's was closed until yesterday when I drove by and saw the sign.

Remember when it first opened as Buffalo's, and there was an apparent copyright dispute, so they changed the name to Bison's?

Old 12-29-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I didn't know Bison's was closed until yesterday when I drove by and saw the sign.

Remember when it first opened as Buffalo's, and there was an apparent copyright dispute, so they changed the name to Bison's?
They were a solid restaurant for a long time, one of the first non chain restaurants along Madison Blvd years ago. Food was not bad. Champy's is a great addition though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area