Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
It really does Tim. I have been passing through there daily. It will definitely put up a wall between campus and industrial area next to it.
I keep hoping that hey will build a parking garage on the north-east corner of Hal Greer and 3rd Ave. then if/when Dr. Touma builds that shopping plaza, Steel of WV will be almost completely covered. The new Engineering building will look pretty sharp too. On a related note, the Engineering Building is more than 50% complete and 2 months ahead of schedule:

Weisberg family tours construction of new facilities | The Herald-Dispatch

I'm really looking forward to the completion of the Visual Arts Center as well. It'll be nice to see that building put to use and to see what further effects that has on the growth of downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 02:23 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Default Article Related To New Applied Engineering Complex Under Construction At Marshall

Weisberg family tours Marshall building bearing their name - Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV

Old 12-24-2013, 02:36 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Default WV State-Journal Article On Marshall University's Approval Of New Campus Master Plan

Here is a link to another article concerning Marshall University's
new ten year master plan. It seems to me as though
the university is striking a nice balance between renovation
and new construction. Baseball stadium???

Marshall board approves new campus master plan - Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 12-24-2013 at 03:22 AM..

Old 12-26-2013, 11:45 PM

941 posts, read 1,355,520 times
The engineering complex is 2 months ahead of schedule. There are some pictures via this link:

Construction on MU engineering complex ahead of schedule | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 12-27-2013, 06:07 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
Marshall University engineering facility on schedule* - News - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Another story about the Engineering Complex.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:16 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Happy to see this go up. Although I did chuckle at this quote:

"...and will house millions of dollars' worth of machinery and equipment that will far surpass the capabilities of most engineering institutions nationwide."

Now, don't take this as me knocking Marshall at all, but this statement is hyperbole. It will be a good facility, but I can think of 50 institutions that have larger comprehensive and specific engineering research and teaching capabilities.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:07 PM

Nearly every school uses any angle that they can for recruitment. I think what they are going for in that statement is that ALL of their equipment will be brand new and state of the art. There aren't many programs can make that claim. It isn't about being larger or more specific but newer and cutting edge and that statement is certainly true.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:40 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Happy to see this go up. Although I did chuckle at this quote:

"...and will house millions of dollars' worth of machinery and equipment that will far surpass the capabilities of most engineering institutions nationwide."

Now, don't take this as me knocking Marshall at all, but this statement is hyperbole. It will be a good facility, but I can think of 50 institutions that have larger comprehensive and specific engineering research and teaching capabilities.
It isn't even close. I mean, it is so far off as to be ridiculous.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:46 PM

Update photo for the IPF:

If will have a full sized field plus enough height for punting, kick offs, etc. There will also be a track around the field as well.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
Until we all know what machinery and equipment is in the new building, we don't know where the program measures up compared to other programs and the like. To say otherwise at this point is speaking with ignorance.

The IPF will also be used by all of the Olympic sports for practice and training. This facility will benefit all of the sports at MU and will help with recruiting.

Last edited by aeros71; 12-31-2013 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington