Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times

Advertisements

Introducing the brand new MMORPG, Houston! Thousands of character types and a massive environment to explore.

This will beat the bejeezus out of World of Warcraft.

I think I'll make my character look like this. Now, battle axe? Runesword? Crossbow? Or...a camera? What?

So let's set off for an adventure into dungeons, dark forests or...

....aw crap, another Downtown Houston thread. Never mind. Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Or proceed with me if you wish.

I was going to do either Rice Village or the Heights today but didn't like the weather enough. More dreary than cheery. Should wait until it gets a little greener anyway.

ZOMG BUY 1 GET 1 FREE TWO 4-PACKS OF AA BATTERIES JUST LIKE MY CAMERA USES WOW THIS CVS IS FREAKING BALLER I CAN AFFORD TO BUY SOME CASHEWS TOO

...sorry about that, I get overexcited about little pointless things sometimes.

No, really, the real reason I'm out here is because it's been a little while and you never know when things develop.

Almost every other block, something's under construction. Not too bad for an old dead downtown that nobody cares about.

One day these surface parking lots are going to become an endangered species with these new developments popping up. We should do a "SAVE THE SURFACE LOTS" campaign.

I was able to see into this abandoned warehouse last time I passed by, around last May.

Hungry? I was starting to feel that way.

So will it be burgers?

Buffalo wings?

Bail bonds?

Or no....here we go.

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM TACO!!!!!!

Anyway, moving on, we're looking at the renovation of the old Harris County Courthouse.

Oh yeah, after eating your taco, put your trash in the trash.

....what's this? More street level retail downtown? Get out.

And in a historic building too.

I don't remember anything being here last time I came by. I thought there was some city ordinance against using old buildings.

Rumors of old buildings being left to sit and rot have been greatly exaggerated.

I was going to ask him to play Free Bird but he might've taken offense. Gave him a buck though.

More construction....

....by Hoar Construction. Sounds a lot funnier than it reads.

dun-dun-da-DUN-DUN-da-da

Who you gonna call?

Disheartening to learn that Doug Funnie from Nickelodeon back in the day became a jailbird.

They'll have to share the road with light rail here soon too. Oh, the humanity.

"DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? YES!"

Crossing under 59 now, out of downtown proper. Yes, we'll cover some new ground after all.

I want another taco.

Totally digging that pink? Me too.

CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA?

Booker T was nowhere to be found though.

This area, "Eado" as they're starting to call it, will probably make some people's heads spin who aren't used to the way we roll here in H-Town.

This...

...is across the street from this.

Look, condos next to railroad tracks and this isn't even in Rice Military! (There's another tour for another day.)

Whoops! Rut-roh. 15 points off walkability score.

Got a little ways to go before we can truly call these "urban" lofts but....urban, schmurban.

LOOK MA NO ZONING

Oh yeah, I'm on a bus now. More than anything this was just to test how far I can go after spraining my foot on some uneven, soaked ground in the East End last week. Remember those flooded sidewalks? So we'll call it a day.

GAINED 1500 GIL

GAINED 150 EXP

JFRE81 GAINED A LEVEL

Oh, I didn't eat my cashews until I got home to upload, and my cats thought they were cat treats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 04:59 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Great pics! Someday I'm going to see someone I know in them!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:58 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,054,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Great pics! Someday I'm going to see someone I know in them!
Or better yet. See yourself in them!!

Great pics. Always enjoy looking through them.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:58 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
JFRE - you are one of my favorites on this forum - great pics as usual along with some good humor!!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Great job capturing Houston's quirkiness.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,928 times
Joystix!!

Another set of nice pics.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Love View Post
Or better yet. See yourself in them!!
I've got an idea. A whole bunch of city-data people go out in a certain part of town, say downtown or the Heights or Montrose or wherever, and I go around and shoot. I'll send out some decoys with cameras and we'll all dress the same so nobody knows who's really doing what, and that way everything stays candid. It's the only way to go.

Thanks everyone as usual.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 AM

WAR DANCE!!!

Sorry I've been lacking in the new material department lately. Blame the weather. I could actually go for 90-something degrees and sunny right about now. Strangely, I miss January.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,064 times
Great Photos jfre81! You should definately go back there once the Dynamo stadium is built to take more pics.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 AM

488 posts, read 1,383,520 times
Cashews ??? we must be paying you too much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston